Posts by citizengain

Like this:

https://www.kemper-amps.com/im…iling-a-guitar-amp.jpg?v5

Only that now you connect the Torpedo Line Out (instead of the mic as in the picture) to the Kemper's return.

So: guitar -> Kemper input, Kemper Direct out/Send -> amp input, amp speaker out -> Torpedo, Torpedo Line Out -> Kemper Return.

If you are making DI profiles, remember to disable any cab in Torpedo and also check the no cab box in the Kemper.

The current shelving EQ in the monitor out is not ideal for removing unwanted bass, since it cuts from so broad frequency range and still leaves some of the sub 100 HZ stuff there. HP (and LP) would be better for this purpose and if they were a part of CAB parameters, it would be even better since different cabs require different treatment.

Running Kemper into 4x12 Guitar Cab, Monitor Cabinet OFF, sound still affected

High shift, low shift, character still in use when disabled

I can see that this has been discussed before.

Here is Burkhard's answer:

"If you are using a so called Studio Profile "Monitor Cab. Off" activates an approximation for MONITOR OUT and internal power amp. An ideal average cabinet is subtracted from the overall sound. Consequently, the sound is still influenced by those parameters in the Cabinet Module. This has always been the case since the beginning.

If you are using a so called Merged Profile "Monitor Cab.Off" activates the Direct Amplifier Profile for the MONITOR OUT and the internal power amp. So, no approximation anymore."

If I understood, the Cab parameters shouldn't affect the Amp section sound when using DI of Merged profiles so this might be a bug.

Did @Awesome_Elvis get an answer for his bug report?

I made a DI profile of my amp and copy pasted a cab for it. When playing through a guitar cab with the Cab disabled from the monitor out, the Low Shift parameter of the Cab section changes the sound that is heard from the guitar cab.
    I thought that only Studio profiles behave this way. My assumption has been that the Low and High Shift of the Cab section define the "split point" of the Cab Driver when using Studio profiles, but that they would not affect the Amp section sound when using DI or Merged profiles.

Edit: Low Shift affects the sound only when the value is increased.

This conversation is hopeless because there seems to be a confusion what a triplet is...

I agree with @jonwrightguitar that a triplet is there in most of plug-ins and it should be in KPA too, regardless of if someone can find a song or a YouTube clip that has a triplet delay.

I like how in Boss GT-100 and MS-3 there is a bass control for Tube Screamer and Rat etc. One can keep it in neutral position for authenticity or adjust it to achieve different sounds. For example sometimes it is nice to add a little bass to Tube Screamer or Rat and take a bit off from say fuzz.

I would be a good idea to have the midi offset thing also in KPA. Using for example QLab that starts from 0 requires always the calculation, which is of course is very simple, but leaves room for error nevertheless.

Stereo delay can be offset manually with no problem.
    Agree with @Eltzejupp.

Of course I can put one delay at 500 ms and the other to 520 ms, but if one wishes use the delay in "to tempo" mode (meaning e.g. a quarter note in respect of the tempo), there is not way to do the offset. That is why the offset parameter is needed.

Close miking a guitar cab usually introduces excessive high and low frequencies. If you are after a sound that is more reminiscent to a sound that you hear when playing a "real" amp, I would put HP somewhere around 90 Hz to 130 Hz and LP around 4 kHz to 6 kHz.

So, place a Studio EQ after the stack section and experiment. This is why it would be good if the CAB section would include an EQ or at least a HP and LP, instead of those vague High Shift etc. One wouldn't have to sacrifice a slot for EQ and those of us using Merged profiles could do those EQ adjustments without them messing the sound coming from the guitar cab.

Kemper is all about the profiles. That's why it would be useful to know which profiles you used.

I think both of these guys understood your question wrong @MKB.

You can totally use slave out to create a direct profile. Slave out is nothing but an attenuated speaker out, so it is kind of like a DI box built inside the amp. But, remember that you will need a load for the amp still. Be it a load box or a speaker cab.
    I once compared DI profiles I made with a direct box and the Slave out of a Mesa Rectifier. I think I liked direct box version a bit more, but that is of course a personal preference.

Perhaps Kemper would have a better change succeeding in profiling if it had more "probing" points than the current two. For example a probing point after the pedals, after pre amp, after power amp and after the miked speaker cab.
    Or how about if the current version of KPA could first profile after pedals, then after pre amp etc. and then Kemper would "know" which part of distortion is being produced at which point in the whole signal chain, a little bit like KPA separates the cab section by subtracting the Direct Profile from the Studio Profile?