Posts by raunch

eole....well done! Looks like a handy tool for sure. I really like the "tweak it" part and the "signal flow" up the top. I think you're onto something here and if one day you think it can go public, please do share it.

The more I think about images of the amps the more I like the idea. :)

Actually I kinda like that idea Monkey_Man but probably most of the settings and knob positions have long been forgotten. Not only that but one man's "treble on 7" is another man's "treble on 11", if I understand you correctly.

I always thought of profiles as an amp sound, a mic position plus other variables or a producer's taste in amp recording or production, you know?

Like WHD mentioned that the BHP didn't sound like his Triaxis. That makes sense because there's so much more to the signal chain than just the amp's tone signature.

That is another reason why I don't think profiles really infringe on amp maker's copyrights, that is, although BHP's Soldano attempt is awesome it sounds different to Rockprofile's amazing SLO profile. I really don't think you're squeezing an entire amp into a single 35kb file but you are buying BHP's taste in recording tones. Does that make sense? I'm a little off topic here :)

thisamplifierisloud: it's pure eye candy, definitely. But I'd dig it if I could open up my RM and *see* the actual amp instead of just a list of profiles.

Profilers wouldn't have to distribute image either, every could scrape their own images from the Net.

I guess I like my MP3s to all have cover images and I just saying it would be top-notch to have that in the RM as well.

Yeah, you are right about the image size. It probably wouldn't be ok for many users to use 3GB just on images. But then again, how many rigs or profiles would have the same image? Lets say, for a single amp, your average profile pack has some 25 odd profiles in them, maybe you could just have 3 images for that entire pack (Front, Back, Money shot)? That you definitely reduce the image database size. So, like you said multiple images for any given Rig.

Maybe you could even fetch the image from a remote site. But that would mean Rig Manager would need a connection to the Internet.

Another question is the legal side. Many profiles are stating "trying to capture the tone of XYZ amp". What would happen if they started distributing actual images of the amp? But then again I'd be happy with the images on the respective web sites.

In the end, I'd actually be ok sacrificing 3GB for my profiles. The Kemper is an integral part of my setup and actually seeing the amp in front of you in Rig Manager you inspire you to play more.

Any other opinions?

Not sure if this has been suggested before. Wouldn't it be cool to have pictures or images of amps embedded into your profile? Kind of like album covers in MP3s. Or maybe just in the Rig Manager.

You could click on your fave profile and have all the data you have now (cabs, mics, channels, etc.) plus some tasty images of the profiled amp.

I did a quick search and nothing but "snapshots" came up.

What do you's think?

That video is a classic and that tone is amazing. I see the difficulty in capturing that tone being that it was recorded with a cam mic. That will distort our perception and the exact could probably never really be "captured". I would like to hear someone capture the EQ curve and see if they can get close. The reverb is also a part of the tone.

I guess this is a great opportunity to thank you guys at Tone Junkie in general for what you have given the community. Top notch profiles (I personally have the Everything Pack and use it every time I power up my Kemper), the outstanding youtube channel with clear explanations and solid tips. and now this. Thank you and God Bless....have a Happy Easter.

I swore I wouldn't be buying anymore profiles and there you come with Black Magick and this profile. Just awesome sounding profiles, I love recording with your profiles and I always come back to them. btw, I wouldn't mind seeing a video of how you make these profiles, from an engineering pov.

Would it be possible for you to capture some audio for us? Maybe take a standard stock profile of distorted amp you like and record some basic riffs. If the recording represents what you're hearing you can post it and let us comment.

I've thought about the piracy issue too. Rig files are so small and you could pack 1000s into a rar file or so.

But I've found that the more rigs you have the less you actually use and the more you fiddle around. Your typical "log jam" situation...too many things getting in the way of each other, blocking creativity.

Rigs are generally so cheap anyway, there's just no point in pirating in my opinion. If you're a hoarder, I can maybe understand it. But if you're a practical thinking musician that wants to get stuff done you will probably gravitate to 10-15 profiles max.

I've spent maybe 100 - 150 bucks on all of my profiles (100% legal, not ripoffs on my system). Money well worth spent because the ones I buy from are still in business, supplying us all with more profiles.

I don't HATE piracy but I do think in our case there is just no point.