Posts by nEVH5150

Searching for some filthy HEAVY profiles as a lot of stuff I've heard doesn't quite seem to cut it for me fullness -wise! ...came across these guys nobody seems to have mentioned much but they are just starting up by the looks of things which could be why:

http://www.gameoftonesprofiles.wix.com/gotprofiles

the stuff on Soundcloud is only dual tracked with absolutely no post processing and sounds immense as it is!!

So I don't know if this is in the pipeline and have seen there's a thread from Jan 5th 2015 entitled 'iOS Rig Manager' which (not sure if it's in Feature Requests or not...) I will check out momentarily... buuuuuuut.... Would be pretty handy having iOS and Android versions of RigManager (apps would be ideal!)

:)

EDIT: wireless connectivity would obviously be awesome in conjunction - ie. A Bluetooth USB dongle perhaps...?

@Feinberger nice simple setup, I want to do something similar with my shallow rack. I have a 4U SKB shallow rack, was going to get the Furman M-8x2 super shallow power conditioner (and rear mount it like yours) and put a 1U shallow drawer in the bottom but I can't find a 1U shallow drawer, just full depth drawers. What brand is your drawer?

Likewise looked everywhere for a shallow drawer - but to no avail - I don't think they make them mass produced so would likely have to be a custom job which unfortunately pushes the price up (which I'm not inclined to go for just for a sliding tray!)

For this purpose you should insert the 2:1 or 4:1 Noise Gate, rather than relying on the main noise gate in the input section.

Good point! Though some of my Performance slots are already full across the board... A-D and X & MOD !

'cKemper' - you wouldn't happen to be THE Kemper?!

If so, thanks for such an awesome product and platform + continuous commitment & investment in said product! I was just wondering (hoping you could tell me) if the FX are going to be added to / increased in The very near future :) ? Hoping for more Q wahs / tremolos etc. (kinda like Eventide H9 but don't want to go out of the Kemper box ideally!) Cheers!

I'd love to see this implemented ASAP :)

Momentary switching capability:

(either via the hardware switches of the current iteration of the KPA Remote OR the addition of a 3rd party non-latching switch attached to the remote; for example, the BOSS FS-6 via TRS cable or FS-5U via TS cable....)

So that when you step on + HOLD the switch an FX / alternate profile (eg. Clean to an effected profile / clean to dirty profile) is engaged and then reverts to the original sound/profile you were using when the switch is released...

Some examples:

1. on a clean profile rig you step (and hold) the switch and it adds some reverb and delay 'spank'; when released reverts to your raw clean sound

2. on a clean profile you step (and hold) and it engages a different alternate (eg. dirty hi-gain) profile; when released reverts to your raw clean profile

3. on a lead profile you step (and hold) to engage some delay + reverb + flange + wah (ALL SIMULTANEOUSLY) ; when released reverts to your raw lead profile

(all with immediacy and no lag of course!)

:)

You may already be using a gate / gate(s) and that might not be sufficient (I found when I turned gate up TOO much, the sound would become horribly 'wubbly') so +1.

A feedback inducer / sustainer would be cool too, conversely ! Like the EHX Freeze (I imagine) does....

May be a misunderstanding on my part, but doesn't the Kemper only respond to a latch (closed contact) or unlatch (open contact) but not both. The polarity option will determine which function (latch or unlatch) that the Kemper responds to. So, you can't get the switch to control a Kemper function when you step on the button and also undo the function when you release the button. You can control the function either by stepping on the button or on the release of a button, but not both. You would need to step on the button a second time for the operation you are describing. Is there an option in the Kemper for true momentary operation that I am missing?

Hopefully this can be incorporated soon....! I'll definitely do a "feature request" as suggested by Paults above !

This is of course possible with the switches on the Remote itself, and like I said the options for an attached switch mirror the options you have when you connect a switch to the back of the Kemper. These options include some simultaneous switching. Switch on your profiler and read what's available when you connect a switch.

Unfortunately, I don't yet own a switch to connect to see available options (hence my questioning before I make such a purchase...)

I think you misunderstood me marginally Ingolf, apologies; I meant when a switch is physically pressed (and held) and then released ... (Not simply switched in and then out again) Ie. It would need to be a capacitive functionality like the Line6 Helix apparently offers; which I don't believe the Kemper remote yet offers but could have the functionality to do so in future with the current hardware switches in the remote? (if I read that correctly wherever...!)

ATM a momentary switch that's connected to the Remote supports exactly the options available for a switch connected to the Profiler's back.
    Which means that you can switch rigs or scroll upwards/downwards, but not in a way that you get another rig when pressing the switch and reverting back if you un-press.

I see. Hopefully this functionality will be incorporated in the near future with an OS update...

How about the application of said FX simultaneously (delay & reverb... Simultaneously with the press of the momentary switch, perhaps flange/phase also and then all 3 disengage when the switch is released....?

Thanks!

Hi all.

Looking at picking up a NON-latching style pedal to plug into the Profiler Remote to do some momentary stuff....

Just wondering what is possible to successfully assign to the momentary switch....?

ie. Could I have a slot with a dirty (high gain) profile on the go and engage the momentary switch to bring in a clean one with some delay sand reverb spank for example?

Or, could the momentary even select another performance slot and when released revert to the different former performance slot??

Cheers!

Hi all.

Having a bit of a 'mare in Performance mode here! I have one slot with a talkbox style deal going on and switching to other slots (without such FX) ie. just a clean or straight forward dirt profile the FX are still present at times ...

Managed to change to another clean profile and turned the Master Vol up and once again the talkbox chimed in (UN-WANTED!) - very strange activity - no FX blocks are lit except for the reverb on this slot :/

Running old FW (Public Beta: 3.0.2 ) - don't know if that helps solve the issue ?!

Thanks in advance for thoughts / advice / tips !!!

I've been on the lookout for a SHORT right-angled IEC lead like that going to your KPA from the Power strip but have been able to find nothing on ebay (here in the UK!) -- is that a custom job ?! Looks like I'm going to have to whip one up myself... haha!

I just cut into the IEC powercable and spliced in an end of a cheap extension cord (the white plug you can see in the pic). It's now basically a "Y" cable with one end being a main voltage socket for the wirelesss power supply to plug into, and the other the IEC plug that goes into the Kemper.

A simple mod, but effective at keeping things neat, tidy and making setup and fast, easy and stress free.

Oh, I have never used a dedicated power conditioner either. Just never had the need. I do plug into a decent surge suppressor powerstrip coming off the outlet, but IMO anything but the very high end power conditioners are not really worthwhile at all (and I say that as an Electrical Engineer - my day job that gets in the way of my "real job" :D )

Just wondering what you consider to be the "very high end" of power conditioning ;) -- I somehow found my way to an engineering thread on a forum somewhere discussing decent power supply and names like Furman and Samson especially were getting trashed! Names like UPS & TrippLite were getting praised though haha ...?