Posts by benvigil

There's one thing I really miss on the new remote - the ability to access all stomp/efx slots individually. It is essential for me in improvised gig situations.

So, to somehow switch between two layers of those IA switches would be heaven :) A volume pedal can be used to enter Tuner mode, so how about an option to use that Tuner button to switch between layers?

Assuming the new Kemper Remote won't support that, would you sacrifice the small size for a remote that is larger but has more IA buttons?

How cool, small world!

I imagine there aren't a lot Kemper users around here. The Alpharetta GC told me they've only sold 1 or 2 out of that store but that guys bring in their Kemper to test out FRFR cabs sometimes.

P.S. I've over by Sharon Park/Library off Hwy 141.

So I'll state the obvious: it seems like the easiest "solution: is to simply set up a second version of your preset into a second performance slot and use the GCP to switch between them.

That being said... from looking at Kemper's MIDI documentation, you should be able to address all the stomp parameters by Page/Parameter/Value by sending a set of 3 CC commands:

CC99 with a value for the page
    CC98 with a value for the parameter
    CC119 with a value to set the parameter value (1-128)

e.g. To set Stomp A mix to 25%, you send:

Code
    CC99=50  (i.e. page 50, Stomp A)
    CC98=4   (i.e. parameter 4, Mix)
    CC119=32 (i.e. 25% of 128)

So if you wanted to change the Rate, Depth and Manual for your chorus, you'd need to send 9 commands:

Code
    CC99=50
    CC98=20
    CC119=value to set
    CC99=50
    CC98=21
    CC119=value to set
    CC99=50
    CC98=25
    CC119=value to set

If you want to do the same thing with 14-bit high resolution values, you do it by sending 4 CC commands:

CC99 with a value for the page
    CC98 with a value for the parameter
    CC06 with a MSB value to set the parameter value (1-128)
    CC38 with a LSB value to set the parameter value (1-128)

Hope that helps!

Yeah I heard conflicting stories last fall from the US distributor but Uli was on a couple forums in the last month or so saying they would ship from the factory in Q1 in be in users hands within 6-8 weeks or so. They still aren't available to dealers for purchase though.

So I'm looking at my options for MIDI control of my new Kemper while the heat simmers down on the Remote rollout.

I'm considering using an EZMIDI board (http://www.ezmidicontroller.com/) wired up to a bunch of soft touch switches to enable control of the Kemper. You can VERY easily "program" the board to output all the needed MIDI commands.

The advantage is that I can have as many switches as I need with virtually zero setup or programming. I love the idea of complete access to all stompboxes/effects (8 buttons), tuner/tempo (2 buttons), performances (2 buttons for up and down) and rigs (5 buttons) all at the same time. You can pretty much add as many buttons as you wish.

The immediate disadvantage is the lack of LED status feedback. Of course, you can add that with a MIDIWidget board (http://www.midiwidget.com/) or MIDICPU (http://www.midicpu.com/) pretty easily but then you're into the $200 territory.

Anyway, I'm just curious what you're thoughts are on some kind of primitive DIY project like this and how important you think LED feedback is in a $125 board?

As an aside, I'm secretly hoping Kemper decides to make the looper functions MIDI addressable. ?(

I'm still in Rig overload! LOL

People talk about how the ZLX compares to the Alto or the DXR10, etc -- but I don't have a frame of reference and there is so much variability in the Rigs themselves that it's hard to judge how the ZLXs sound so far.

That said, I was able to dial in quite a few sounds I REALLY liked but it's a bit of a weird mental adjustment to hear these different rigs in front of you (e.g. a TripleRec & 4x12) but you're NOT sitting in front of a TripleRec & 4x12. Very odd indeed!

About GC: I got the toaster and dual cabs for $2450 out the door. If I had been more diligent I could have paid $300 less than that if I had bought their 12% OFF gift cards. So that would have been $2150 out the door.

Remember that I'm looking for a 1x10" cabinet. It could also have a tweeter in a FRFR

Given your comment that you "cannot find any FRFR even close to 20 lbs with a 10" speaker for ANY price that would sound decent" -- I'm assuming that the Behringer B210D does not fit your definition of sounding decent?

Because that is the only one that I'm aware of that meets all your other criteria. I think most people here would recommend that you NOT run a Kemper into the effects return of an amp and then into a non-FRFR speaker.