Posts by benvigil

His deal with Jet City was similar. Mike provided the schematics and circuit design and Jet City did a pretty decent job on the manufacturing side. There were only a few components that were different. That's why the Jet City amps were so great for modding... just a few component swaps and you basically had a SLO 100.

In one of those videos he mentioned improvements they were making. One of them was new DC heater runs. In his Jet City amps the DC heater runs ran directly under (flip side of the PCB) various critical components and created a TON of noise. One of the first things my amp guy did to my JCA22 was cut those traces and ran new elevated heater runs to every tube. Noise was gone.

First, Mike is NOT retiring.

And he did not sell the brand.

The part of the video deadpan linked to was talking SPECIFICALLY about the SLO SRV Edition amp that never went into production. That's it.

Mike has entered into the same type of partnership with BAD as other amp/pedal manufacturers like Friedman, Morgan, Wampler, etc. -- namely, the Mike will design the amps and BAD will handle manufacturing, distribution, and support.

I repeat, Mike is NOT retiring. And he did not sell the brand.

"I've found somebody that can take my product to a whole new level"

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

"I'm going to get into doing design work and bringing to life a bunch of products that literally have been sitting on my drawing board for a long time"

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

etc...

You can already. When you send CC #11 as a 0 or 127 it will morph to default or morphed state, respectively, along with the Rise and Fall time applied. I built a MIDI controller and know for a fact that it works unless it was broken in the latest BETA.

The Rise and Fall time do not apply ONLY if you are sending CC #11 as a continuous controller value (i.e. between 0 and 127) with and expression pedal.

I know everyone is jones'n for the Celestion F12-X200, but I just came across these Turbosounds that get pretty great reviews, and the pricing just dropped to $399 each. The 15" version is $499. As a Behringer dealer I'm surprised I was completely unaware of them.

Anyone ever used these?

Turbosound TFX122M-AN Flashline (Sweetwater, B&H)

Features that caught my attention, besides ya know... Turbosound:

• Plywood construction

• Coaxial design

• EQ w/presets (same as the iQ series?)

• SMALL!

Ben,

I haven't seen anything like that. If you can find that quote/citation by a Kemper official, then indeed it would confirm that the Kemper Kone is not in fact based upon the coaxial F12-X200.

Found where I read it... on TGP. I asked the poster where he got that information.

Where did I read the Kemper said it was NOT a coaxial speaker? If that is true, then it's not based on the Celestion F12-X200, but more likely something like the Celestion K12H-200TC.

What I really would like is what Behringer did with their X32 mixers. They published the OSC interface specification for the mixer so that anyone could use the interface and create their own tools (which they have).

This. Having the OSC end points for the Behringer Mixers is awesome!

The Jon Symons clips from the other Slate announcement video didn't sound anywhere close to how good Jon's original AxeFX/Helix recordings sound.

And that's saying a lot because I LOVE the stuff Jon does. By that I mean, I listen to his "songs" in the car almost daily.

The 'blame the customer' attitude, and clear annoyance of support with a customer asking questions,

To be frank, the "questions" you quoted in the OP were aggressive and over the top. "Re-imburse [you] for the purchase of an external looper" ... really??? Whatever support you got after those questions I would consider a credit to Kemper. IMNSHO.

That said, I'm glad the problem(s) are getting resolved and any issues Kemper found will ultimately lead to a better product in the long run.

A Remote-style profile player would be great.I dont remember how often I said it:A Profile Player for the guys who already own a KPA.That would be marvelous.

Even the ones that don't. I would guess that only a small minority of players ever create their own profiles.

Ok, maybe all this time they just didn't see the floor version without editor.

From a marketing standpoint alone, it would absolutely have to have an editor. From a practical usage standpoint, it wouldn't. The nice thing about the AmpliFIRE is that once you get used to it, you can edit pretty fast on the device itself. It's similar to the KPA in that it doesn't have 700 deep parameters in the AMP block like the FAS stuff does, so editing on the Kemper Profile Player™ would be pretty straightforward with only a few controls.

And of course a trimmed down all in one floor wouldn't be any more convenient if it necessitated an editor and now having a computer connected to it to efficiently edit, let along any inability or cumbersomeness using the internal effects.

However, they could simplify such a floor KPA by making it like a head/remote but eliminating some of the unneeded knobs, such as the 6 mod, delay, and reverb knobs, which are just shortcuts anyway. They could get rid of undo and redo as well.

See above.

No, that's okay. Your question is a completely different question. That other thread is about using OTHER PEOPLE's IRs.

But let's say I create a few of my own IRs or IR blends from all my favorite cabs. Then I profile Amp A with each of those IRs. Then Amp B, etc.. That's lot of profiles to sell and a LOT LESS work.

I think it's a practice whose merits are worth a discussion.

A floor KPA would simply be taking the knobs, jacks, buttons, switches, innards and the screen of the unpowered head and a remote and cramming them into one floor board-shaped metal container.

Not to go too far OT, but in all the time with the AX8, I can count on one hand the number of times I used the knobs on the unit itself. I would think a floorboard version of the KPA would be better with an extremely minimal UI, similar to the AmpliFIRE. I would go even further and make it a single encoder and do away with all the other knobs. Basically a profile PLAYER with editing ability... if you need to.

Basically...

Agree. Every speaker driver has it's sweet spot. It takes experimentation and objective measurement (as AZRipp found above) to find out what drivers work in what cabinets. I posted last month about all the FRFR-ish solutions out there.

I decided to buy a Dayton Audio PPA800DSP 2-Way plate amp like what is also used in the Xitone cab. It has a DSP that allows for 6 adjustable EQ points (with Q) on each side of the High/Low (variable) crossover along with other features. Slowly tweaking while monitoring with the miniDSP and REW has rewarded me with a cab that is freakishly flat and amazingly representative of the profiled amp/cab.

I didn't realize that Dayton Audio PPA800DSP was so flexible. To be clear, it has 12!!! parametric EQ points for each of the 5 presets (accessible from the back of the amp) - link to manual. I can see why Mic Farlow would favor this over the stock F12-X200 crossover in his Xitones.

With the DSP and a properly built cab, you might be able to get away with a smaller 8" or 10" driver by extending the lows.