Posts by benvigil

Make sure you watch the entire thing...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Let's see if it embeds...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The factory content profile is a modified version of the original profile... as the name implies ("2011 More Gain AC20") it has a LOT more gain than the original profile.

If you want the ORIGINAL profile, you can find it in Rig Manager by searching for "rmpacheco"

If it's ready we'll see it at Namm; if not we'll be waiting, but I imagine that unless there's some major hiccup that they still haven't ironed out yet, we'll see it by Namm. My earlier thought was that if we didn't see it by early December, we wouldn't see it until sometime this year. You have to figure you don't roll out a beta in which you anticipate lots of emails and potential bugs to discuss with customers just prior to Christmas vacation, when you and your employees are about to get a bunch of days off and typically use up vacation time. (most companies and businesses stick to the basics during those couple holiday weeks and postpone anything that can't wait until January) But what do I know?

Late February or March.

hi again Alan...I'm playing right now the profile I dug with the presence almost totally out. Found out the eq is in post position. Isn't it strange? so, a dumb one: in an amp, the eq, the one connected to the potentiometer, is in pre or post position?

A Marshall has a passive tone stack after the preamp (i.e. post distortion, pre- power amp). The Presence and/or Depth are generally part of the poweramp/transformer design.

A Boogie has the tone stack BEFORE the preamp. This is why the Treble knob on a Boogie also tends to act as a gain control. Basically, because it is. It's also why the 5-band EQ post position in Boogies is so powerful.

The KPA puts its active EQ in the POST position. Not sure if it's pre-poweramp or post-poweramp.

According to Celstion it doesn’t matter. They say it’s designed to work in virtually any cabinet. I tried to get them to make a more specific recommendation about size and style of cab but they wouldn’t do it.

It should work in most CLOSED back or fully open back cabinets, like many guitar speakers. Since this is how they are marketing it, they will probably refrain from giving any recommendations.

However, just like every other speaker, it will have very specific requirements for a ported design. That's probably why when Celestions DrDecibel emailed a ported design PDF to BigYinUK (back in post #40) the PDF had no Celestion branding on it whatsoever.

Also keep in mind that a lot of headphones are great for certain uses.

For example, the Sony MDR-7506 is used in studios worldwide. They are a standard in new organizations and field production. They're very good sounding, but have somewhat large spikes at 2k and above. For a noisy in-the-field news environments this works very well, but for guitar, it sounds bright and harsh and your tweaked profiles are going to sound dull on other systems.

The DT-770 is another. They are very mid-forward, closed-back cans that might make them great for live sound where you need the isolation. The DT-990 is super scooped with great lows and an amazing sound stage. They make hip hop, pop, rap, and r&b sound good, but for rock and roll and anything guitar centric the guitars are buried WAY back in the mix because of that mid scoop. The DT-880 is supposed to be in the middle, but I've never used/owned the 880s like I have the 770 and 990.

Second the HD600. Super natural sound, nothing is overhyped like the Sony MDR-7506 or the DT-770/990 -- never tried the DT-880 but want to.

The only drawback is that, being open back, you need a decent SPL to cover the sound of the strings. It's nice being able to have a normal conversation and hear your surroundings with them on, for the reasons you mention.

Tons of FREE stuff available (factory installed, RM, or on the forums):

Lasse Lammert has some awesome factory stuff

MentaL has posted some great free stuff.

ML Sound Lab recently posted a nice Recto

Nick K (aka NIL ) has posted at least 1/2 dozen free profiles

Deadlight Studio

Evil Audio (aka DannyEvil)

@Deadpan/LRS/LiveReadySound