Posts by mf

Since last year the leds started dying on my kemper, first it was one on the gain knob, know there are three (two on the gain, one in the volume). I can still use it without any problems, but i do wonder, is there a way to replace them without sending the unit to the manufacturer? my warranty is long dead (bought 2nd hand) and i'm on south america so i guess i can only fix it by myself, lol.

I have some bottom of the barrel monitors, presonus eris 4.5, and i'm wondering what people consider "annoying the neighbors with the volume" i have them set at 1/4 the volume and the kemper's master level is not even at half and i consider that loud enough. If i were to up the volume all the way up i'm guessing i'd get evicted, lol.

As for the eris they do sound fine for my purposes (jamming along tracks, still haven't mixed with them). They are a lot better than a good set of headphones (used sony headphone monitors and some pioneer open back) but if you can go for better monitors do so. Consider the size of your room vs monitor size tho, if you have a small room and don't have pro needs you don't need to break the bank for a pair of monitors (IMHO).

I was going to thank you for the extra profiles (just got them in my mail earlier) but i'll just add it to this post. Thanks! i'm really enjoying the afd profiles btw! maybe it's because i grew up listening to guns n roses and every band and their dog used hot wired marshalls back then but i just love this amp :D

I won't be using the DI profiles anytime soon but after hearing the main ones i don't doubt they are top notch :)

I forgot to mention previously, if it hasn't been commented before (i have a hangover so i can't really read rationally to check the previous posts, lol) check out deadlight studios profiles on rig exchange. Those are awesome.

If you like a marshall hot rodded tone check out a profile called "slash tone" by sheguitar. After removing some of the effect I've been using it non stop for like a week, which is making me consider buying an afd amp profile pack haha.

I noticed that reflection of notes being there when i played with the transpose effect (even when transposed just 1 semitone). One way i was able to mask it was using a pedal (can't remember if it was overdrive or distortion) after the transpose one. I could still notice it on headphones after that, but it was so subtle that it didn't bother me anymore.

The other thing that i can think of is that if you are having that problem and others aren't it might be that your pickups are too hot and you might try playing with the clear and distorted sense options. I might be wrong here on that one tho, but i do remember it being more noticeable on my guitar with hotter pickups.

I second that, palm muting can do the volume trick, playing dynamics go a long way, plus capsule switching between neck/bridge, volume/tone roll off, etc. Another thing is playing with the studio eq and a compressor if desired with the kemper, i usually use just those plus a bit of reverb and that does the trick for me (along with a good profile :D)

Don't know if this is helpful but i've been doing the same with a saffire interface, so i can say the high pitched noise is feedback from double output. Check on your interface if you have both monitoring on spdif AND you are sending the spdif on your daw as well. Simplest thing is to mute redundant spdif outputs on mix control (i have a focusrite saffire interface so i use the same prog... i hate it! haha).

This bug is fixed in the 3.01 Public Beta which can be downloaded from the download section.

Thanks for the heads up! i figured there had to be a built in way of controlling the feed (wouldn't make sense to turn it into a permanent thing). Will give 3.0.1 a go :)

When i have an aux in signal connected it sends it's feed into spdif out, and i know that's a feature of the latest firmware, but is there a way to disable it? i've tried changing the spdif out options and every combination keeps sending the aux in signal as well (and if i select spdif out off... i keep getting a signal on my daw! wth!).

Am i missing something here? my idea is to have a backing track playing on aux in and play along with it, but only record the guitar signal through spdif out (it works in 2.7, and if i remember it also did on 2.8).

Other than that, could someone share the latest 2.8.something released? the kemper page link download doesn't work anymore and i'm guessing i'll just downgrade to 2.8 if there isn't a way to disable the aux in thing... i'd just stay on 2.7 but i have 2.8 profiles :/

Not related to the ongoing conversation but i was wondering... a new feature was introduced in 3.0, which is aux in -> spdif out. This seems to happen by default, since i was playing along to some tracks and the recording through spdif also got the aux in signal (i was recording di clean guitar so it didn't make much sense to me). Anybody knows how to disable this? looked in the menu pages on the kpa but couldn't find anything... only solution i've found so far is not using stereo on the aux in (so it doesn't grab the left channel into spdif).

If not i guess i'll just be downgrading for a while :/

Looking forward to listening to some cover you do with the kemper. I love game/anime music too (more of a singer than a guitar player tho, got a kpa not so long ago) and i liked what i heard on your youtube channel. Congrats on getting the kemper too! it will sure make you play more and get better results regarding your tone, i've been playing so much lately that i'm getting thumb bursitis haha.

I think it would be great to have an editor, however I think people are missing a critical point: just the simple fact that a $50 or $150 box has an editor doesn't mean it is simple or cheap to create one. Just think of the total number of $50 boxes (or all zoom boxes) that are sold using the same editor. There are many less Profilers sold than $50 zoom pedals, so these other companies may actually have more $$ to create an editor in fact based on total sales. Just an observation.

That "kinda" makes sense, but varies vastly on the company/pedals sold. Line6 do repeat their editor a gazillion times amongst their products, but some other companies don't (they use a specific program for each product). From a former programmer point of view tho, i tell you, one programmer working on a decent editor program on todays economy (it's just usb protocols after all) wouldn't cost more than the price of 1 sold unit (and i'm being generous here). I don't think an expense like that would make a company go into bankruptcy and it would mean more sales in the long run (better support and more options = more sales).

I think I have at least $1200 worth of profiles from MBritt, Top Jimi, Amp Doctor, and sound.de. I think I have music crack addiction, and I'm just a dumb so-called electrical engineer that plays on the side in a cover band near Charleston, SC USA. To those left out, I'm sure I'll go full CRaK mode on you guys before it's over with. :)

I know what you mean. I mainly play in my bedroom and since getting my kemper i started to buy profiles from different sellers to see which ones did the trick for me. I haven't bought that many but i bought enough to have to eat instant noodles for the rest of the month, and as it stands, next month isn't going to be any different since i want to grab some more profiles... :D