Posts by unclemar

yes,, The lag throws me off, I guess I am the only one but it really botherd me,,
    Might be time to try 4,,,Got a big gig coming end of month and hate to have to re do all my delays like the last time I tried it,
    I am the only guitar player and I cover a ton of ground,
    Thanks so much for the quick reply,,

just picked up the DUDE by J Rocket, side by side with my silver Klon, if your eyes are closed, its pretty hard to tell which is which, but the DUDE does so much more,,I also got my Zen drive to sound pretty close, Its all a matter of the chain,where its put, and how its used,, most guys use it for a clean push, I use it for my crunch,,the dude for leads, and paults sug,( I think it was paults) for my clean boost, putting a pure boost after everything,,
    luv my Kemper,,2 + years of gigs no problems, and nothing but praise for soundmen everywhere,,
    rock on,,

depends on what your looking for but the first pack with the divided by 13 stuff , and Matchbox,,,is just great,, really cant go wrong,,with M Britt the guy has got it down,,,try the FRT37,, clean with hair,,,,tele heaven,,

Thank you for taking the time to respond, I know you are busy, and I thank you,,
    I never took it as harsh,, again,, I am not mad, just want 3 to work like 4, system wise,,no lag,display or other wise,
    so I can continue on the kempertrain,,was never mad,, just a little surprised,, but not mad,We are after all only human,,
    mayby" hinting" is not the way to go,, just a thought,,,I come here for help, facts and good advice,
    I did take your advice, I am still on 3, I bought am amp I love, so, like I said,, I am waiting,
    I was hoping for a response like,,,, "we are working on it and hope to have it resolved soon, we want our devise to work perfectlywith all operating systems.and understand you concerns"
    that would have gone a long way, just to know they know, and are concernd about getting it right, but I never got that vibe from the response,
    like the great man said,
    "You cant always get what you want," I still love my kempers,,would not step into the studio without it,
    I am waiting ....
    http://www.mariomassi.com

Sorry, I thought this was the place to discuss all things kemper,,but after their respose, I dont think opening a support ticket on the display lag is going anywhere,,
    I have no complaints, the kemper is the single best thing I have ever spent my music dollars on,, With Mike Britts FTR37's, I am HAPPY!!!!!!!! Tone wise,,best I have ever had, I am 64,, playing guitar since I was 4,
    But, I play in a modern country band, I am the only guitar player and I am covering everything from AC-gt, to heavy rock tones and all l tones in between,from crystal clear teles to screaming PRS,, tons of patch changes every tune! My feet are very busy,,,( any rythem gt players in Chi town looking to gig?)
    My timing of patch changes is very important to me and I am always taping delays into time with the tap button,I am pretty sure morphing will help me go from clean to lead and back, but with the display lag, I am just lost,
    3,3 is perfect, gig after gig, session after session,tried 4 but for me it was a train wreck, all the delays were off ,,couldnt go back to my preset with one touch,( I hear thats been addressed) lots of little things were going to have to be re- done/ re tweeked,on my end, again,,, but with the display lag, there was no sense in me spending days in the studio tweeking all my patches and then have the lag there,,I am only speaking for my self, but when a CO that I spend tons of money with,, tells me to live with it or go somewhere else,,,ouch,,I have to honestly say, I was shocked, and saddened,I did expect much more from them,,I thought they would say, hang in there were working on it, something like that,,,that response really threw me for a loop!,,well, I took his advise,, I bought a mesa mini rec combo, and will phase the kemper out of my live gigs untill I get a chance to try the helix and an AX efx rack,,
    Until Mr kemper decides that the whole unit, working right,as advertised,,, is important as morphing seems to be, it looks like a real amp, and flight case,,, again,,,back to 80 lbs of gear,,,exactly why I bought the Kemper in the first place,,,To get rid of heavy amps and pedal boards,
    I am just a poor working musician who depends on my rig to pay my bills,,as much as I love music, it is my job, and my tools have to do what I need them to do, or I find tools that will, no matter whos name is on them,,
    I love my kemper,,,,,so I am waiting for 5,, waiting for delays,,,waiting for reverbs,,,,,waiting for no display lags,,,,, waiting for no bugs,,,, etc,,,,
    BTW, I am resposiable the the sale of 5 kemper units after doing a demo here in my studio,,5 of the 9 guys who came,, ordered one,,,so with my 2 ,,thats 7,KPA's,,,sold,
    You welcome,,,,

hard to believe the kemper folks say deal with it or go somewhere else,,,thats very sad,,not what I would expect from them,,,I thought the whole idea here was to report bugs so they could fix them,, I guess they are not going to fix the display lag if they are telling me to deal with it or use something else,, wow I am shocked,not what I expected from this Co,

"older version have a delay in repose regarding the screen as much as newer version have. newer versions have a slightly larger delay (about 100 milliseconds if i'm not mistaken). audio is instantaneous and that's what we focus on. if you can't live with that you should consider alternatives."

shouldn't the focus be on the whole unit working perfectly, not just the audio?

All I can say is music IS timing,if the drummer gets the least bit off the click, I can tell, It bothers me,, I need/want things to work on time/in time, or it takes me out of the moment,,
    waiting,

I can live with it,, but why should I?,,,Its not right,
    for one,It throws my timing off, sorry, but it does, second , I paid 600 dollars for a foot controler, and over 2 grand for the unit, and I expect it to work,as advertised, next,, morphing is no where near as important to me as new reverbs and delays are so, 3 is working perfectly, why up grade to a system that is clearly not right,? when its right, when everything switches , perfectly in time, then,,, its right, Now,, its not right,,, why is that so hard to understand?
    Why release an operating system and call it done,, when its not? makes no sense to me,, esp from a company like kemper,,??
    Again I love this unit,I love what it has brought to the table for me, I will never sell it, but I want it to work like it should, and any lag in display,or otherwise, is not right,,,its a bug, it was not like this in 3 , so,in my world, I cant use it,
    as cool as morphing might be, I never would use it, but I sure would love to ditch my pedalboeard full of delays,and overdrives,I bought the kemper to downsize my footprint,I am waiting,
    I am not in anyway mad or upset, I just want it to work right, no lag, no bugs,
    I am waiting,,,

Yes,, There is a lag in the display,, Its not right, It should change / work instantly,, it does not,,,its not fixed, its not right,,,,,
    like I said, untill they get it right, I cant upgrade,,maybe I'm the only guy out there it bothers, but it does,
    Love the unit, just want it to work as it should,, I really dont think thats an unreasonable request ,esp after all this time waiting,,,and paying 600 dollars for a footwsitch that wont work correctly,with the unit it was made for,,
    Hope they get right soon, just ordered a mesa mini rec combo,,might have to go back to an amp/pedals,, till 5 comes out,whenever that will be,, because it looks to me like they are not going to address this issue anytime soon,,
    Hope I'm wrong,,,

myself a lot of other folks would have had a lot more use for new delays and new reverbs, then morphing,,just no use for it here,
    I want it to just switch instantly ,, that would be a great start,, still on 3.2 until they get it right,, sorry,, it aint right if it doesnt switch instantly,,
    should basic functions,, like switching patches instantly ,with a 600 dollar foot switch,, be way more important then morphing?

as long as there is a delay,, I cant up grade,Its just not right untill it switches in time, It bothers me and throws me off,
    If it was right, it woukld switch instantly, if it doesnt,, its not right,,,
    I will wait for them to get it right,,