Posts by Spotsby

I program my performances per song. I love this! But I also play a ton of songs and am out of performance slots. So I move the ones I don't need to the local library to make space. When I need them again later on, moving them back to the profiler one at a time is a total pain in the rear. Would be great if you guys could make this easier and give us the ability to do multiples at a time. Thanks!

Performances on the KPA have specific, hard-coded spots in memory. You can only copy to one location at a time, which is why when you copy multiple, it only pastes one. The system is only 'looking' at one location.

There is no workaround and there's no fix. Its working as designed.

Thankyou for your time answering this.

This is really unfortunate. That means running out of performance slots is really fatal to work flow.

Hey all. I create my performances on a per song basis. When I run out of my 125 performance limit, I move ones I don't need to the local rig manager. This is really easy and super intuitive. But moving them back is a total pain.

First there's no drag and drop from local library to Kemper performances. Why???

Second, if I copy multiple performances in the library and then try to paste them into the Kemper, it only pastes one performance instead of the group of performances I copied. Instead I have to copy/paste each one individually, to get performances I need back into the Kemper.

It's a real pain in the butt so any help y'all have would be really appreciated!

Are you using instrument cables or mic cables to plug in to your interface? If you're plugging an instrument cable into a line input, it will sound really dull and bassy. I have an ID22 with XLR/TRS hybrid inputs and assumed (wrongly) that the TRS inputs were instrument level and they are not, they're at line level. Instrument into line level won't sound good.

I have the Kemper Stage and use that to switch between rigs and performances rather than the GCP. I only use the GCP to turn stomps/effects on and off. I used to use the GCP exactly as you described but with that method you have to program a separate midi preset for every song. To put it simply, it creates a redundancy in my process that I have to repeat over and over again. So that's what I'm trying to remedy right now.

Highly recommend the RJM Mastermind series. The smallest one would probably fit your needs perfectly.

They have it pre loaded with all the midi commands for Kemper which makes it easier to program too.

I've had my eye on these and they look super cool. Thanks for the recommendation!

Edit: LOL. These are way too rich for my blood!

Thanks for your time and effort. However this has already been discussed in this post and it's unfortunately not the solution I'm looking for.

Thanks Dug. I read in the KPA instruction manual that only certain midi controllers support bi-directional midi data for the Kemper. So it's possible Ground Control Pro doesn't support this function.

Update. GCP doesn't support bi-directional with Kemper. So I guess I'm in the market for a new midi foot board if anyone has suggestions for one that supports Kemper's bi-directional function. Looking for something as small as possible that will give me 4 to 8 control command buttons with LED. I'm using the stage so I don't need midi program changes, just control commands.

Also if anyone has experience using it this way I'm interested to get some clarity on the behavior between the two. For instance, if you turn on a stomp using a button on the KPA, will it send the message to the midi controller and turn the corresponding button on? Curious...

I can’t remember. Its a long while since I set it up on mine and I haven’t used it since I got the Remote. Hopefully, somone else with a Ground Control will chime in. If not I’ll check my settings on the Mastermind when I get a change but it might be a few days.

Thanks Dug. I read in the KPA instruction manual that only certain midi controllers support bi-directional midi data for the Kemper. So it's possible Ground Control Pro doesn't support this function.

When using the RJM Mastermind with 2 way midi I’m pretty sure everything was working fine including on off status lights

I tried this today. I'm pretty experienced using midi, to control devices remotely but have never done anything where I was sending midi data to a midi controller.

Here's what I did. Took a midi cable from my KPA OUT to the IN of the Ground Control Pro. I also turned on "UI to MIDI" in the KPA system settings. My Ground Control is already configured with the correct control commands for the KPA. It doesn't appear that the Ground Control Pro is receiving any data as nothing is changing on it. ?

Is there anymore to this that I'm missing??

Maybe a footswitch with separate power from a battery is a suitable solution for you. I own one of these and it does a good job. It is a Nobels FS-2L.

Nobels FS-2L on eBay DE

They are pretty outdated but obviously available used for small money. I never tried mine with the Kemper but could try if necessary to make sure it works in the desired way.

That's actually what I was hoping to do. The ones I bought are powered, but when you take them out of latch mode, they don't keep the LED's on. The Kemper won't work properly with pedals in latch mode. Here's what I bought.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d…=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

As others have said, the Kemper doesn’t support LEDs on external pedals. I had this confirmed bu Burkhard in a previous thread a while back. He gave an explanation of why it works that way but I can’t remember the details.

Thank you for confirming. I had already come to this conclusion myself but I thought it was weird. It helps to know I'm not missing something. Do you know if we can achieve a similar result by using midi switches with midi data going from AND to the midi controller?

I have the Ground Control Pro. I've been using it as a remote for my Kemper for about 5 years.

I scanned the link you provided. However I didn't see anything in there regarding making the LED lights of the Ground Control Pro correspond correctly to the on/off status of the Kemper's effects. Am I missing it?