Posts by megadupe

Burkhard - my question wasn't if I can turn the power amp off and on. I am aware of that. My question was whether it is that switch alone, or other settings to make the powered Kemper behave the same as an unpowered Kemper for recording, etc.

If I wanted to use the powered Kemper the same as I do with the unpowered (studio monitors, spdif into audio interface), is it a simple matter of turning off the power amp switch in the output section and using it just like an unpowered?

Hi All -

Picked up a Kemper Power Rack and unpowered Kabinet. Love them. I also have a non-powered Kemper in the studio.

If I wanted to use the powered Kemper the same as I do with the unpowered (studio monitors, spdif into audio interface), is it a simple matter of turning off the power amp switch in the output section and using it just like an unpowered? I have read the section in the manual, but it's a little confusing to me. :)

Thanks for any info!

Hi All,
    I have a new Audient I22 interface for recording. I'd like to use the insert send/return on the Audient to send my vocal to the Kemper for comp/reverb and then return to the Audient. Can anyone give me any tips for this? The Audient has a send and a return on it. So should I send to the Kemper alternative input and then return to the Audient via the Monitor out?
    Any help is very much appreciated.
    Thanks!

Hi All,
    I am curious how the SPDIF line IN on the Kemper works. Could I use this as an alternative to the Aux in? For example, could I monitor my Mac audio/music via the SPDIF in (my mac has a digital out - using a converter)? Or does the SPDIF IN on the Kemper run through the amps?
    Thanks for any info.

Hi All,
    I use my Kemper in my home studio. I have an Apollo Twin hooked up to 2 KRK monitors. I can record the Kemper via SPDIF without any problems. However, I feel that the feel and sound is a bit better when monitoring the Kemper directly (hooked directly to the monitors). Could be a tiny latency, I'm not sure. My question is: Is there a way to record via SPDIF and monitor the Kemper directly? Is it best to get a second pair of monitors for the Kemper? Would a line mixer degrade the signal?
    Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks

Hello,
    Previously I was able to monitor my DAW via the AUX inputs on the kemper.. Since 3.01 - my aux in signal goes out the SPDIF out...it didn't do this before. Is there anyway to set the spdif output to NOT send out the aux in?
    Thanks for any help.

Hi All
    New Kemper owner here. I love the sound of the Kemper main outs straight to my monitors. However, when going SPDIF into my Apollo Twin, it doesn't have the feel (to me). So I've run the main outs of the Kemper to my monitors, and the outputs on my Apollo interface back into the Aux and Alt inputs on the Kemper for monitoring. Now, when I record I get the immediate outs on the Kemper and record the SPDIF.
    Is there anything wrong with using it this way?
    Any info is appreciated.
    Thanks!