Posts by Alien1969

Also... Speaker umgeschraubt und angespielt....

Geil… Funktioniert super mit den Imprints im Kemper ….. Wenn ich auf Celestion Blue stelle und ein VOXAC15HWX Profile nehme, dann klingt es meinem VoxAC15HWX Combo sehr sehr ähnlich…. Klingt halt wie Gitarrenbox mit dem entsprechenden Speaker. Wenn ich auf Celestion Creamback stelle, klingt es sehr nach der Palmer Box vor dem Umbau…. War ja ein Celestion Creamback Speaker drin…… Fender 65 Deluxe Profile genommen und Jensen P12 Imprint… der klassische Fender Ton…. Ich bin echt begeistert…. Zu dem Flat Mode ohne Imprints habe ich noch keine Meinung.

Muss auch noch bei Gig Lautstärke testen.... ist aber zur Zeit schwierig, da alle zu Hause sind... Gesundheit geht vor.

My stuck at home Gear Roundup...

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

You seem to live in a guitar Store :)

Hallo Zusammen,

habe mir einen Kone Speaker bestellt und bin auch schon gespannt wie es klingen wird...

An alle, die hier schreiben, dass Sie nicht verstehen wofür das ganze sinnvoll sein soll... und das es dem Kemper Konzept widerspricht... versuche ich mal meine Meinung rüber zu bringen:

- Ja, die Kemper Profile haben bereits das Cabinet mit im Sound.... (ausser natürlich bei Direktprofilen)

- Aber, es ist nicht nur das Cabinet, sondern auch immer das/die Mikro(s) inkl. ggf. Mikro-Preamp

- Man konnte schon immer mit Cab off direkt in eine Gitarrenbox (Powered Kemper oder externe Verstärkung notwendig) gehen. Das klingt wie Ingolf beschrieben hat für mich auch einfach besser und gibt mir mehr das Gitarren-Gesamt-Paket-Feeling. Die Gitarrenbox hat halt einen anderen Frequenzbereich als FR Lautsprecher und mit Cab off habe ich auch nicht die Mikrofon-Colorierung im Sound.

- Allerdings hat man natürlich nicht für alle Amps (Profile) die passenden Boxen zu Hause rumstehen.... hier kommt der Kone ins Spiel: er kann viele verschiedene Gitarrenlautsprecher simulieren und somit hat man direkten Gitarren-Box-Sound mit passendem Lautsprecher. Zum Beispiel Celestion Blue zum Vox Profil oder Jensen Speaker zu Fender Amp Profilen etc....

- Zusätzlich kann man über den Kone aber auch den das ganze Profil inkl. Cab und Mikro spielen....

Den ersten Tests nach (z.B. Tone Junkie) auf Youtube, scheint das ja auch sehr gut zu klappen....

Fazit: Ich finde es eine super Lösung: Nur noch eine Box, die verschiedene Lautsprecher simulieren kann oder auch Flat die ganzen Profile wiedergeben kann.

Oder habe ich das ganze falsch verstanden?

I really like profiling without a mic.... I use direct profiles to play Power Rack out to Guitar Cab. It works great. And I can play at any volume with cranked profiles which would be too loud playing directly through the Tube amp at home. I use the Kemper DI Box and a two notes captor as the load box when profiling. That way I can even profile silently... My guitar room does not have great acoustic so profiling with mics does not give the best results. For this I use commercial profiles (M Britt and ToneJunkie). For example I like the sound of my VOX AC15HW1X very much. When the power amp tubes start working the sound is magical.... I can almost get the same tone with my direct profiles and a cab at any volume. I tried an attenuator, but the direct profiles with guitar cab sound better...

When testing profiles I tend to like the ones with the typical matched amp - cab the most. For example I bought some M Britt profiles and I like the 69 Marshall with the Marshall Cabs and the 65 Vox with its Combo Speaker the most. Most of his profiles are made with his 3P Cabs. His profiles are all very good. Especially when played loud. Most probably it is just what I'm used to and that's why I like those profiles more.

Is it just me or does anyone have similar experiences?

Hi,

I had a Kemper 2015-2017 and sold it because there was no editor..... Well... after a journey with valve amps (just to loud to play at home for that power valve sound sweetness) and trying a Helix for a while (not bad at all, but I like the Kemper sounds better) I returned to the Kemper.

This time I got the powered rack version. Really enjoying playing with a guitar cab with merged Profiles and the Cab Sim turned off. The new Delays and Reverbs are really great. This time the Kemper is staying. Really looking forward to the Editor and the Cab by Kemper.

I got tired of waiting for an editor a couple of month ago. Sold my rack kemper and remote floor board with all my profiles and got a Helix Floorboard. I really would have liked to keep the kemper, but this is 2017 ... it really should come with an editor for mac and windows. Trying out sounds, changing order of effects chain, renaming and organising presets, making effects presets etc. is no fun at all. The rig manager had a lot of stability problems .... Home studio work is of course mainly trying to make great music, but it is also Using DAW, Plugins, editors and so on.

I still like the kemper sounds (thats why I'm still reading the forums). Profiling your own amp is very cool, too. Maybe a future version of the kemper has a concept for this....

been in contact with Mission Engineering support. They can't imagine that they installed a wrong switch.... They sent me installation instructions twice and they think I can't hook it up right or a cable ist defective and so on. This is frustrating. How can a cable be defective if switching always works every second click. Lost faith in that company now.

Going to send it back to the Online Store where I bought it and just use a cheap Moog Expression Pedal....

Hi just bought a mission engineering Ep1 KP....

Same problem: the wah only turns on and off every two klicks.... This is a expensive pedal for the kemper and it does not work... very frustrating.

Muzieker: Is your problem solved. Is it a production error?