Posts by MonkeyPeanutButter

There are really good deals on EZX for Toontrack Drum Products. They are even cheaper on Thomann than in the official Toontrack-Store.
    I did spent quite a few bucks... hehe

I've been using the official bag for a few years now and now I have to get something new.
    Not to say that it isnt a good quality bag but I abused it. I used it 2-3 times a week.
    The zippers don't work on one side and the handles probably won't hold much longer.
    Maybe I'll also go for a bag that doesn't state that it is a Kemper. Just because I don't want people to know how much money I'm carrying with me.

Ich nutze den Kemper auch in einer Coverband.
    1. Pro Song eine Performance.
    Hab am Anfang gedacht mir reichen 5 sounds... Dann wurden es 7.. Dann 9 und dann 15. Und dann ist das früher oder später besser gewesen. Also ich würde schon pro song eine performance empfehlen. Kann auch fast alles der gleiche Sound sein. Vielfalt kann man danach ja dazufügen. Da mal ein chorus, da mal mehr Hall... Etc.
    2. Ich spiele live nur über IEM. Die Rigs teste ich daheim per Kopfhörer und amateurstudiosetup (yamaha hs5 und hs8s)
    Hab jedoch ziemlich viel Rücksprache mit unserem Mainmixer. Der meldet sich wenn irgendwas nicht geht. Mittlerweile freue ich mich wenn er sagt, dass er gar keinen EQ mehr auf meinem Kanal hat.
    Wir nehmen oft live auch Muktitrackrecordings auf. Das hilft sehr viel den Sound mal einigermaßen neutral zu hören. Generell verwendet man beim Spielen ziemlich viel Hirnleistung. Checken ob ein Sound wirklich passt geht einfacher wenn man nur hört und nichts anderes dabei tut.
    3. Für den Anfang würde ich dir raten einfach durch das Meer an profiles etwas wild durchzurasen. Kaufe dir wenn du willst ein paar professionelle. Dann nehm erst mal die, die du auf Anhieb gut findest.
    Wenn du genug zusammen hast und den Pool etwas verkleinert hast geht es dann ans tweaken.
    Hab dabei immer die Songs die du spielen willst im Kopf.
    Ich selber tweake immer etwas an den Profiles. Ist erstaunlich das man denkt es wäre schon 100% da und dann merkt man das ein bisschen was drehen die Sache noch besser macht.
    4. Hab Spaß. Zwinge dich nicht zu lang irgendetwas zu tun nur weil person x oder y es so macht. Jeder hat seine eigene Lernkurve.

Dir viel Spaß mit deinem Kemper ;)

Did this just with my Kemper. Still not regreting that I sold my Timeline and Blue Sky :D
    It's just my ideas of the last few months played one after the other with sometimes decent transitions. With way too much Delay and Reverb :thumbup:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Klingt für mich auch nach Feedbackloop.
    Ich habe ein UR28m und da klappt bei Cubase 5 auch alles.
    Wichtig ist es, dass du nicht aus Versehen eine Schleife in dein Signal einbaust.
    Also solltest du bspw. auch nicht die Git-spur mithören, während du reampst. In Cubase sollte also der Input 2 (Direct Out mit Git) komplett ausgeschaltet sein, während du reampst.

It can't do everything that the Strymons can do. But it can do some things that the Strymons can't. If you look for one specific sound can you give us an audio example so that we know what exactly you are talking about?
    I sold my Mobius and Timeline because for me the effects in the Kemper are good enough. The Reverbs will be updated sometime in the future which maybe will also render a Big Sky obsolete.

Using inEars takes some time getting used to.
    Most people start with only one of them plugged in or plugged in completly.
    I personally will try to make inEars happen at every gig I play. For me they are my hearing protection, that also happens to be my monitor.
    I had short term tinitus from too many gigs where the drummer was trying to break his cymbals :D

I don't like the look of them. They're not green.
    Maybe if my Official Bag falls apart completely (after 2 years of heavy usage) I'll get one of those just because of the price.
    I had some issues with my bag from kemper. Most of my zips aren't working anymore. So now I have to load the head in from underneath and flip the thing around.
    But I used it two to three times a week for 2 years so wear is expected.

Welcome.
    You can put the Drive Pedals in the Loop and put the Loop before the Stack (Amp) section if you're not using the Loop otherwise.
    That way you could put a compressor before or after your own drive pedals inside the kemper.
    Maybe after some playing with the new Kemper delays (make sure you got the newest OS) you can reduce your setup.
    I'm not saying the kemper can cover all sounds your other devices can produce 100%. What it comes down to is if you need a specific effect provided by the timeline or another of your devices that the kemper can't produce.
    It took me some time but I sold a Strymon Timeline and a Strymon Mobius because for me the Kemper Effects were all I needed.
    If you have the time, try them ;)

This sounds super exciting. Totally gonna watch this when I get somewhere with Wi-Fi.
    It seems like a lot of players switched to Fishman Fluence in the last years. Devin Townsend and Tosin Abasi come to mind.
    I got a Titan in my Strat at the Bridge. And it makes even a Strat sound like this modern Metal Sound (Djent if you will). It totally has the snappiness and the thump you need for the modern djenty tone. Mark from Periphery calls it Percussiveness.
    And I am looking for some new PUs for my PRS. I totally have to get the EMGs out of there.

Hey guys,
    to each and every one of you that answered: Thank you! :)
    Thank you for sharing your stories and your wisdom regarding this topic.
    I've come to the conclusion that I want to sell my LP or trade it for another guitar.
    Like @eskimoke put it. "Life is too short to fight with a guitar you are not bonding with"
    Maybe I'll try some LP clones that have a longer scale.
    24,5'' is just too short for me. My fat fingers can't solo fast and trip over each other if I get beyond the 15th fret.
    I know that the scale is also part of the sound but I guess my next purchase will be mostly based on playability.
    Thanks again to everyone that responded. I was really blown away by the amount of responses :)

I can't figure it out.
    I love the sound but after 2 1/2 years with my Gibson Les Paul Studio Pro 2014 I'm still not in love with her.
    I formed a connection with the rest of my instruments but this one always fights with me. It was a pain in the ass to get it to stay in tune. I had to have the nut changed to a bone one and also changed the tuners. Now it stays somewhat in tune (with Nutsauce).
    The still don't like about it are it's weight, the neck, the access... I don't like that my fat fingers are somewhat to fat to do some type of chords on it.
    But I freaking love the sound...
    I love the sustain... but the guitar just wants to fight with me.
    It's like a love hate relationship with a girl. There are just some upsides (yes she also looks pretty hot) and so many downsides that everyone of my friends is telling me to ditch her for someone that is more similar to me and actually matches all my needs.
    I think I remember Slash saying that he likes that he somewhat has to fight with his Les Paul. I don't know if I like it. I play it less than any other of my guitars. But live I use it on half of the set because of its sound.

Has anyone any advice for me?
    Are any of you in a love-hate relationship with one of your guitars?

I really can't decide if i want to sell or trade her for another guitar.
    Maybe this is a real cliché. But I wish there was a guitar that sounded like a Les Paul on the Bridge, a Strat on the Neck and played like a PRS.