Posts by MonkeyPeanutButter

I go from a really spacy sound (2 delays, 2 chorus, massive amounts of reverb and relatively low amounts of gain and the tones ring like 10 seconds) to a gainsound that is still wide but where I can play rythm.
    I morph a crazy amount of parameters. From the delay parameters to the amp parameters. I chose a base profile that gainwise was in the middle of the 2 extrems I wanted.

@Nikos
    Let me try to explain why I believe that it is very hard to shock a whole society today.
    Today in western countries you have way more personal freedoms than you had 30 years ago.
    One of the main values of this day is to be tolerant and to accept each other. Whatever your race, religion or sexuality may be.
    Maybe this sounds strange but I believe that because we have more freedom we have less things to rebel against. There are less and less people that have one particular mindset that you can easily shock.
    In today's standard it isn't shocking what the rebels of your youth did. And I'm glad and thankful to live in this generation that was shaped by the generation before me.

Edit: Deleted something that could be offensive

Well maybe it's because I'm still young... but I don't think that everything is that bad nowadays.
    We do have many musicians that do things that haven't been done before. Do you call that a rebellion? I don't know.
    Politics and Music is maybe not as strongly connected as it was back then. But there still have been big bands with many political themes. SOAD comes to mind.
    Your whole point about having to be a rebell to be able to be in marketing doesn't make sense to me.
    I never saw these old rockheroes as rebels. And I believe neither do any of the other people in their early 20s.
    For me they are people who made it in music.

the best tip I can give you is to search the forum. There are so many good tips for live tone that I can't combine in a single response.

The most useful tip of the many out there for me was to not overdo it with a massive amount of profiles.
    I play in a cover band and for my first few gigs I used like 30-40 different profiles. Not just slightly adjusted but totally different profiles. Maybe someone with imense experience can pull this of but for me it was very difficult to hear myself sometimes because of the different cutting through the mix ability of the individual profiles.
    If you got the time check every Song or Performance with the full band before the gig and adjust volume, treble and presence.
    For the beginning maybe use just a few profiles for the whole show.

Just be sure to not buy the crossgrade version if you don't have EZ Drummer 2.
    The lower price sounds a bit too low for a normal SD2. The only thing I could find for that price was the crossgrade.

edit: fixed a typo

Here is my list:

-Yamaha HS5 9/10
    -Yamaha HS 8s Subwoofer 8/10
    -EZ Drummer 2 7/10
    -A new CPU cooler to be able to hear the music while Mixing. actually one of the most important pieces of gear I bought for myself this year. Otherwise the monitors would not have been worth it. 10/10
    -Intel i5 6600 8/10
    -PC Case Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 Rev B. 7/10
    -DiMarzio Titan Bridge 9/10
    -Cubase Elements Upgrade 7->8. 5/10
    -A few commercial Profiles by TAF 8/10
    -Revived my first and oldest electric guitar by bringing it to a luthier. 8/10
    -Taking drum lessons in exchange for guitar lessons (I know this isn't gear but something I did) 6/10

For EZ Drummer, there is a special offer these days: you get on library for free.
    What would you say, which additional library is goog for rock/pop?

Just don't get the one labeled Rock/Pop if you want new sounds. Those are the liberties of EZ Drummer 1. They are not bad but sound not so good in comparison to the other ezx.
    You get all the Midi of EZ1 with them though so that's nice.
    I think you just have to listen to the material that is online. I own the Progressive EZX and the Post-Rock and I like both of em. But the normal 2 kits included are in my opinion very good as well.
    I think the Toontrackstuff in general is nice to browse through online.
    Hope you find what you're looking for :)

I bought EZ Drummer 2 2 weeks ago here is my opinion:
    It sounds way better than the packs that came with Cubase Elements 8 (Groove Agent SE4).
    I love the Tap 2 Find feature. It is just so simple to find good beats. But I 'had' to buy some Midipacks to get more grooves.
    The only thing that annoys me is that you can't change the meter inside the program inside a Song. So if you have a Song which changes from 4/4 to 7/8 or something like that the Miditimeline within the Program becomes rather useless. But because you can just drag and drop the midi files into your DAW it isn't that bad. Maybe changing meters isn't seen as something an EZ software should be capable of :D

I own the Yamaha HS5 and they are really lacking low end on their own. So I got the HS8s recently to make up for the lack of bass. Of course the HS5 and the HS8s combined are not that low budget but sound phenomenal to my ears. But I don't have any experience in other Monitors so... yeah.