Posts by MonkeyPeanutButter

Hi Guys,

this contest really Works.
    This Thursday I was sick so I didn't go to university and I had some time to kill. So I decided to quickly play some old riff of mine, reamp it a few times and send the individual tracks to Geraldo.
    His response was fast and quite nice.
    And yes I did get all of his profiles for free now :)
    On the other hand you guys now all get to hear my sloppy playing :D
    It should be online in a couple of days but I think he will keep you updated on that.
    Many thanks to Geraldo for making something like this possible.

Regarding the profiles. I had to tweak the Plexxy a bit to get it sound good with my kind of unusual guitar. I got a Fender Strat Mexico deluxe and I put a Dimarzio Titan (yes the signature Model of Jake Bowen of Periphery) into it, dropped it down to Drop C and put 11' to 56' on it.

Well sh*t maybe I have to buy something again... :D
    I bought a few amp-packs (not the whole pack) before and I've enjoyed many of them. I also really like how TAF packages and names the profiles.
    I play like 80% TAF-Profiles.
    So maybe it is time to get some new sounds. :thumbup:

nothing lasts forever ;)
    I just had my Fender refretted for the second time. But it was my first electric guitar and I still play it a lot. Like really a lot.
    They were SS and on my PRS SE the SS frets I have had installed 2 years ago also show their first sign of wear. I think I need to take them to leveling soon.
    But SS still takes much longer to wear down than anything else.

Hi guys. :)
    Does anyone of you own or know of a good cable bound method for in ear monitoring that preferably is a 2 in 1 cable for guitar and monitor so I don't have to drag 2 cables across the stage?
    My wireless monitor unit isn't that good and I always use a guitar cable anyway so maybe this would be a good solution for me.
    I hope this hasn't been asked before because I searched the forum quite a bit. There are some old Threads that talk about a cable for the 2 signals but maybe there is a consumer version where I don't have to solder anything :D

I own both the 425 and the 215. I bought the latter only for listening to music because the form fits my ears very well.
    For guitar I must say that I wish that I would have bought the 215 in the first place.
    The extra Low-End you get isn't worth the money IMHO.
    If you only sing or play guitar spend your money elswhere. The 215 are fantastic.

I bought the HS5 a few months ago and couldn't be happier.
    Not only for the Kemper but for listning to music. You suddenly hear stuff in you're favorite tracks that you didn't know was there. An extra guitar part or some backgroundvocals that usally get burried in the mix. And the stereo image is so much better than anything I've owned before.
    It beats my AKG 271MKII headphones by a long shot. But now my room-mates hate me even more
    The HS7 would have been too much for my tiny room... maybe also too much for my bank account.

OhG schrieb:
    I could never use performance mode the way they suggest in the Kemper tutorials (a performance for each song) because we play around 33 songs a night, and we don't always stick to the same set list.

Same here. I have base rigs set up on the first 2 or 3 performances. These + overdrive pedals (real ones, controlled with my MIDI controller + MIDI pedal switcher) + MIDI-controllable delay and reverb (Strymon stuff) gives me every single sound I would ever need.

At first I only used Perfomance Mode like you described you do. With a max of 2 Performances but now I do the "1 Performance per Song thing"
    For me the different positions of the Patches 1-5 are always the same corresponding parts of the specific song. (1 - Intro, 2 Verse, 3 Chorus, 4 Bridge, 5 Solo) Maybe this makes it easier for you - maybe it doesn't:
    Because I play in a cover band with 3+ hours of material it is way easier for me to use a couple of different sounds for different songs, that only have small changes to them (like a little bit more reverb etc.). It also has other advantages like being able to program every delay for all individual profiles if you use a click-track.
    This only made sense for me from the time I used the relative Midi-Programming. So the Buttons on my FCB1010 from 1 to 5 always load Rig 1 to 5 of the Performance and button 6 and 7 lets me switch between performances.
    If you use specific midi Values (Program-Changes) than this will be a pain in the ass, especially if you change your setlist.

But if you use the relative Midi-Messenges it is easy to move Performances around and therefor change your own setlist. It'll take about 3-5 minutes to change the Performances around for every different Setlist. And if you once named it all correctly the names will stay the same.
    Even my Strymons (Mobius and TimeLine) get changed via the individual Performances with the Midi-Out function of the profiler, which is really handy to control up to 2 devices.

I know it takes a long time to set it up in the first place but I think it is more than worth it to set up a Performance for every Song of your setlist.

Like the other suggested try to achieve your own tone. It's the one you're then will be the most satisfied with.
    If you want some suggestion for profiles to start with maybe give us a hint which type of metal you want to play.
    There are so many sub genres nowadays and the tone varies greatly. What tuning and kind of guitar are you using?

Does anyone have experiences with the PRS-Models, which claim to do it all?
    Like the 408 or even the 513?
    Although the 513 doesn't look so great in my opinion. The pickups's looks are just not my cup of tea.
    The sound of them on the other hand, at least what I can judge via the YouTubes, seems to be very versatile.