Posts by mbrown3

You called me being a problem in one of your past post even tho I gave you a in depth break down of things.

tbh, this is childish. You are the one nagging nonstop on my post. I am trying to be civil.

i am done. I call bs where I see it and I see a lot.

So your whole issue here is because you think I called you a problem way back in the thread? That's...wow.

The funny thing is, that's not even what I said. I said (and I quote), "If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." That's a well-known and commonly used expression...not even referring to you in specific; it's a general phrase used to mean, "not actively helping to solve a problem means you are, albeit passively, enabling it to continue."

You're right about two things, though: you do seem to see BS a lot...under every rock, apparently...and it is childish.

@meambobbo thanks for your post and observations. I have really tried to explain, clarify and help mbrown3 in his quest to find what he is looking for. I didn't get headed or angry. Perhaps I felt a bit helpless since no matter what I said it was met with a passive-aggressive attitude.

This is the kind of nonsense people are talking about. Why do you make accusations like "passive aggressive attitude?" It's incendiary, and what's more, untrue. If you think it's true, fine...prove it. Cite examples. I don't believe I have been passive aggressive. Certainly I didn't intend to be. You can't just throw accusations and insults around and then throw up your hands and say, "What? I was just trying to help!"

By no means have I favored the KPA over the Axe because I wanted to give only facts. Besides it's a matter of taste and playing style...there's no better. It just suits one or not. what has gotten to me is the way the responses were worded and please correct me if I am wrong but to keep asking "why" even when the answer was given is a very difficult way to hold a conversation.
    i never called names or set out insults (contrary to mbrown3).

Again...PLEASE cite examples of how my posts were worded that you felt were inappropriate or "passive aggressive". Also, I don't think you can cite an example of where you gave an answer and I said, "Why?" - yet you claim that this has been a consistent response on my part. Where? When?

You continue to insist that you are not calling names or insulting, yet constantly accusing someone of being argumentative or "passive aggressive" IS insulting. On the contrary, you cite no examples of where I have "called names or set out insults", but you throw in a drive-by like "(contrary to mbrown3)". Why is that necessary? Throwing in accusatory (and simply untrue) snipes like that with no examples or proof is what causes most conversations to get out of control on the internet.

Most of us have been able to carry on a mature and helpful conversation. But it's clear that you really seem to have an axe to grind, insults to throw, and an insistence on arguing. What's not clear is why.

Glad to hear it :)
    I thought towards the beginning of the thread you were maybe putting too much focus on finding the EXACT tones that you get from your own amps, but speaking from personal experience, I've totally lost interest in searching for the exact sounds that I know and am comfortable with, as there are so many great profiles/patches of amps that I never even heard of before that I've discovered through this wonderful evolution in technology. Having said that, as a studio owner, the profiling technology of the Kemper is extremely useful when working with bands and their own gear, for reasons that you can probably imagine ;)

Good luck with your new gear.

Cheers,
    Sam

Yeah, if I'm going to try to capture my own amps, I want them to sound as close to accurate as possible (because I've spent a good amount of time getting them to that point), but overall I'm most interested in good/usable tones.

@mbrown3 I said it before...everything is in the thread...I am not restating everything I wrote. This isn't a research paper with footnotes.

I am tired of this. Have a nice life

And yet, you continue to make accusations/assertions but without providing any examples. Do you see why that's a problem? I've read through the entire thread multiple times. I don't see any instances where I contradicted myself, and some of the things you claimed I contradicted are things that I simply never said. You are the one making the accusations, so the burden of proof is on you to show how/why you are right about them. It may not be a research paper, but if you're going to make accusations, you have to show why you feel that way.

no one here is treating him badly, but I'd like to get to the point of all this back and forth.

This is part of the problem. If you don't understand the point of the "back and forth" (as you call it), then why bother engaging in it? I've stated the point: to gather information and opinions to help me make an informed decision. That has been very successful.

everything that has been stated here has been restated over and over again with little effect. That's probably the main issue here...besides him calling me a problem in one of his posts I never engaged into anything negative. I just don't know anymore what to tell @mbrown3 anymore. And I am sure everyone else posting here feels the same.

I didn't ask you to tell me anything. I got plenty of opinions. If you don't want to give yours, then don't. I'm not sure why you feel so exasperated trying to answer a question that (in your words) has already been answered. Why bother?

I just wanted to validate your experience and wish you success in your future choice, whatever it may be. ; )

Thank you. Prepare to be flamed. I don't understand the hostility. I set out to gather information so that I could make an informed choice. In that, this was successful. But some people can't handle when you don't think/choose the same way they do...even to the point that they say there was "no love" for their preferred device, despite the fact that you almost universally praised it and identified it as a fantastic device that had one area that didn't live up to the competition. It's bizarre, but the nature of the internet, I guess.

You seem to not understand facts or points...

You keep saying things like this, yet you haven't identified examples of your assertions. What facts do I not seem to understand? I think you're confusing "that point isn't important to me" with "I don't understand that point."

Btw, I am not bickering. I have given you a extensive facts and knowledge about the profile. But every time I explained something to you, you took it completely apart and out of context. That's what I mean by "talking to a wall".

You continue to make assertions like this but have not provided examples. It's hard to know to what you are referring, and thus to gauge the accuracy of said assertions.

anyways ways, if you can't understand or appreciate my insight or as a matter of fact others here (who seem to have more patience )
    Thsn I can't help you...and no one can probably...you may have noticed how some members here grew weary of your back and forth

Again, not to beat a dead horse...but what insight do you think I don't understand or appreciate? Again you seem to be confusing, "That factor is not important for my needs" with "I don't understand/appreciate that factor."

what at I meant was will you be taking this long and making things this complicated when ordering food? are juju this complicated in everyday life too?

No, I don't take days to order food in a restaurant. If I buy something and don't like it, it's only $5 lost. But you're darn right I'm going to research opinions and gather as much information about a purchase like this...not just because of the expense, but because I care about my guitar gear. I don't care that much about a hamburger.

mbrown3. This is ridiculous....

i tried to help you...everyone here too...and you are being totally ignorant. And the funny thing is everyone here has called you out on it.

How am I being ignorant?

read your own posts and reasoning. You said you go with the Axe then now it's the KPA with the FA floorboard.

I'm not sure what you're reading. When did I ever say I'm going with the KPA and floorboard? Of course you think I'm contradicting myself if you're reading things I never actually said.

Dude, please get whatever tut want but leave us out of it...

Fair enough. Again, you have had the freedom to ignore this thread all along. I'm not sure why you felt the need to come in and accuse me of being a shill, contradicting myself, etc. If you don't think my posts are legit, don't bother responding to them. There are many people here that have taken them seriously and have provided valuable insight. I just don't get the point of your constant bickering. Is that useful, for any purpose?

i wonder if you do this extensive research also when you are at a restaurant ordering food.... ;)

Yeah, because buying a $5 hamburger is the same as buying a $2,000+ guitar amplifier. :/

Dont believe the people on the inter-webs?
    Then why in the hell would you start this thread asking for help from people on the inter-webs?
    You ARE quite contradictory.

Just because I don't automatically take everything on the internet at face value, I still find it helpful to gather opinions from users. Then I can compare and contrast their perspectives with my own when I finally am able to get first-hand experience...which is exactly what I did. FWIW, Consumer Reports has made an entire business out of this; gathering and publishing opinions about various products so that users can get a more informed understanding of the products they may buy. None of those opinions is definitive; first-hand experience is still necessary/valuable. Both are valuable, and provide a viewpoint that neither on their own can produce.

Again @mbrown3 ... You stated it before...when I said you made a decision you recanted and said you didn't. You are going back and forth, your reasoning is inconclusive to the statements you made before hand ... And no, if you come back with " I don't see what your point is" etc like you have done all the time to us here trying to explain the KPA to you, I won't walk you through your reasoning again. Do your own reading. It's like talking to a wall.

When did I say I made a decision, then said I didn't? I think I was pretty clear: if the AX8 is available soon, I'll wait for that. Otherwise I'll go with Axe-Fx II. Did I flip flop from that? I think it's you that seems to be having trouble reading.

it seems to me that you still haven't understood the KPA or Axe...

Perhaps you're right. I'm not sure what it is that I don't understand about them. I'm sure you hold all of the enlightened knowledge. :/

Anyways, it's funny that you started out this thread by saying the KPA is in the lead but all your reasoning and arguments point to the Axe....you keep contradicting yourself nonstop.

I'm not sure you understand what "contradicting" means. When I started, I was leaning toward the KPA, which I was. Once I tested the devices out, the effects are what led me to the Axe-Fx. If you see that as a contradiction, so be it.

Tbh, I don't care if you go with the KPA or Axe. Both devises are great but to waste everyone's
    time here in engaging pointless discussions that lead nowhere is quite maddening. Everyone here has tried to help you in truly exhausting ways but you just come bank with the same things. Good luck with whatever it is you are looking for....

If you think it's a waste of time, why have you spent so much time posting here? You are, and have been, free to ignore the thread. For me it most certainly has not been a waste of time. The folks that took it seriously were very helpful.

Not to keep this dragging on or anything, but in one of your original posts you talked about wanting to replace your amps if you could find tones that matched well enough. Did you, then? And did you try profiling them with the Kemper (it's called a Profiling Amplifier for a reason, haha; to not even investigate its primary function before passing judgment wouldn't be very scientific ;) ) ?

Cheers,
    Sam

Yes, I did. And they sounded remarkably accurate. But I WAS able to pull up tones on the Axe-Fx that sounded darn close as well. Not as close as the KPA, I agree, but for my purposes, there wasn't that much of a difference to outweigh the effects (for which there was a big difference).

The irony of this 23 page long thread is that the OP just stated stuff that was already put out by forum members in the beginning of this thread.

I never disputed those things. But reading them and experiencing them are two different things. Forgive me for not taking the word of random people on the interwebz. I should have known that all info you find on the interwebz is completely accurate and no one should bother to find out for themselves.

Ironically, many of the same folks said, "You just have to try them for yourself." And then when I do that, those same folks say, "Why did you bother trying them for yourself? We already told you that."

I understand why some of the members seem to smell something fishy. No love for the new $2000 Kemper you bought. Already set to trade it in. No new outcomes from the debate, just the same old justifications that members on the forum stated, stated again.

First, "no love"? Did you even wrote what I wrote about it? Second, I didn't buy the Kemper. I borrowed it from a studio I found that had one. No need to trade it in; I was going to have to give it back one way or another.

How about my conclusions: the Kemper seriously rocks in terms of east of use, tone that is unbeatable and a constantly evolving feature set. Tone over FX, that's how I look at that contest.

I didn't hear any drastic difference between the tone of the two devices. Perhaps that was true at one point, but both sounded really good. I also don't understand the separation between effects and tone; effects ARE part of the tone for those who use them.

I'd say 10-1, most users won't use all the FX in the Axe. I couldn't even do it with my GT-8. Sure, screw around with them, then what? Better to have stuff that has real world applications. Not to say the Kemper can't be improved, but I have a feeling it is on the to-do list in terms of stuff like more FX variations and slottable delays.

I won't use 8/10 either. I only use reverb and delay (for the most part), but as things sit right now, those effects on the Axe are better.

Really? it was pretty clear to me that he decided to get a kemper and an axe8 if they don't set a way too distant release date. Otherwise he's going to get the axe 2 (or at least that's what i got from reading his conclusion). Nothing wrong about that, and he's saying exactly what everyone seems to know for a fact: if you need effects? axe, if you want more accurate tone with a bit more responsiveness? kemper.

(Not that i care to defend him tho, but his decision was pretty clear to me :D)

Almost. AX8 if it's out in the near future. If not, Axe-Fx II. The reasoning IS due to effects, since I use reverb and delay a lot and don't want to have to use an out-board effects unit.

Btw, in your conclusion section of the lengthy last post you did @mbrown3 you said that your choice is the Axe...so with all the back and fourth and your proclamation for the Axe you flip flop back? I don't get you and yes, your posts are exhausting to read as they are not leading anywhere...

"So, at this point unless I hear that the AX8 won’t be out for two years or something, I’ll probably wait for that to release. If it is going to be a while before it comes out, then I’ll probably go with the Axe-Fx, simply based on the effects capabilities."

I don't understand what you are saying. When did I flip flop?

Just what I had said in the first few posts...you already had set your mind on the Axe.

Its great you go through this lengthy process of figuring out what product works out for you. It's just interesting to see how you already had your mind set to a particular choice but needed all of us and the good people at FAS to help you figure things out. All your comparing and contrasting was really odd. Anyeays, congrats on your choice and now go and play that guitar ... ;)

Except...not.

I don't get it. Folks on FAS said I already had my mind made up for a kemper. Folks in kemper forum said I already had my mind made up for the axe. It doesn't matter that I actually didn't have my mind made up; people have to make assumptions and then find all kinds of reasons to justify why they were right. It's exhausting.

it was very nice of ethomas to do that, and i'd probably go the same way if I were in your shoes. i came from the opposite direction - wanting great high-gain tones with not much priority on any effects.

as for the delays, how were you dialing them in on the KPA - were you messing with the tone controls? did you get a chance to try out my presets?

I did, and your presets made a difference. And on their own, the KPA's effects sounded good. The biggest difference I noted was when compared side by side, it was really no contest. As I said, the KPA's weren't bad; very usable. But they aren't on the same level as the Axe's. I also thought the KPA had a slight edge on some of the clean patches (I didn't find anything in the Axe to rival Till's Recto Clean 2, for example), but I didn't include it in my notes because that could just be my inability to dial things in properly, or that I didn't have time to scroll through hundreds of presets to find a truly comparable one.