Posts by morgano

I was also thinking if something like this was possible.

How about the Mikrotik hEX PoE lite?

This can be powered by PoE and has PoE out on its other ports.

MikroTik
    MikroTik makes networking hardware and software, which is used in nearly all countries of the world. Our mission is to make existing Internet technologies…
    mikrotik.com

I've been having the same problem.

I'm sending MIDI commands from an iPad in the ForScore app.

The scenario I have is that I am using a Rig in a Performance Slot as my Clean sound and sometimes I want the MOD slot active on this Rig, and sometimes I don't.

In the iPad I have it set up to send a Program Change to select the Performance/Slot, followed by a CC command to either turn the MOD slot on or off.

This keeps things simple in that I didn't need to duplicate the Rig and have one Slot with MOD on and one with MOD off. It means that any tweaks I make to the Clean Rig will be reflected for both Clean sounds with and without the MOD slot active. i.e. a bit like having an amp and a chorus pedal.

I have noticed that occasionally (1 in 30 changes maybe) the Kemper appears to show everything on screen correctly but that the sound that is produced does not match. i.e. I get a crunch sound instead of clean.

I think, as suggested in the previous posts, the Kemper gets confused if it receives a Program change followed by a CC command in quick succession. I might see if I can add a delay between the Program change and the CC command to see if that helps. I don't really see why I should have to do this though. Surely the Kemper should be able to buffer any MIDI CC commands and process them after the Program change has finished?

Thanks for coming up with that - that is an inventive idea! I don't think it would work for me though as I would be using other Performances and Rigs.

Can anyone think of a way to configure the Kemper so that I can use an expression pedal to change between slots 1 & 2 in Performance mode?

Ideally, with the expression pedal in heel-down position Slot 1 would be selected, and once the pedal is moved past the halfway point (towards toe-down), then Slot 2 would be selected. The reverse would happen as the pedal is moved back to heel-down position (Slot 1 selected again).

Thanks!

These buttons can be re-configured for other (internal) uses at the moment. In addition, it would be useful if there was also an option to assign them to send a MIDI command when pressed. This would allow the buttons to perform tasks on other MIDI connected devices too.

As an example, the 'Tap' button could be used to turn the page on a sheet music PDF reader on an iPad (e.g. ForScore).

I have recently been using the Kemper with two guitars - an electric and an acoustic.

I created a patch in the normal way for the electric, and I created a special 'Acoustic' Performance slot with a mono FX loop in the Stomp A position (with no Amplifier/Cabinet enabled).

I ran the electric into the main input on the front and the acoustic into the FX return.

This worked very well. The only problem I had was that the Tuner would not allow me to tune the acoustic. It appears to take its feed from the Input jack only.

I'm not sure the best way to do it, but what I needed was an option to allow the Tuner to be fed by the FX Return.

Or maybe we just need an option to allow the FX return to be used as a Secondary input, or maybe even better, if the 'Alternate input' could be used at the same time as the Main Input, but with an option to choose which one to use, selectable per Performance slot, if the hardware allows.

+100

I would like to use a Disaster Area DPC-5 MIDI controller, which has an expression pedal input, that it converts to MIDI CC. This is a simple device with no display so its config is basic. It sends the expression pedal data on MIDI CC #100 and this cannot be changed. It would be good if the CC's were configurable in the Kemper e.g. if I could change the default value for 'Volume' (CC #7) to CC#100.