Posts by dapeegoo

Without hearing what you're actually hearing, I will say that sometimes I find the Colonials a little darker myself but it seems to be volume dependent. At lower volumes it sounds a little muddy but at stage volume it works great. That being said, you can always try turning up the Definition in the amp settings and see if that helps. Without knowing your pickups, monitoring speaker, etc., it may just not fit sonically with what you like. Maybe some other guys might have some insights as well if they find a better workaround? I would start with Definition and maybe try it at different volumes and then go to eq settings. I try to start with neutral eq's but my ears change from day to day and week to week so my profiles may reflect that as well. I try to keep them as consistent as I can but I'm at the mercy of my poor, overworked ears sometimes. Hope this helps.
    And THANK YOU to everyone who has been responding to my weekend sale. Much appreciated. I've been driving and traveling to visit my family so I have been checking in but haven't had much time to write. Happy Holidays!

The Colonial is definitely darker than your typical Marshall style amp. I did some research and Heritage Amplifiers recommends V30 and G12H30 speakers to go with the Colonial, which are brighter speakers than a normal G12m Greenback speaker. For the Colonial Pack, I switched the speaker in the profiles to an Ownhammer Marshall 412 cab with V30s and G12-50GL impulse response (IR) in his Marsh-UK Collection pack and it sounds like a match made in heaven!

Holy crap! I just tried the 65 AC30 profiles and these are the best AC30 profiles I have heard out there. I've tried almost everything out there and nothing beats this tone! This will be my go to Vox sound, M Britt 69 for my Marshall Plexi sound, and the Pro Reverb in the Vintage Pack for my Blackface Fender sound. I have all the sounds I really need!

Hey Michael,

Any chance you will put out some bass amp profiles? Ampeg, Aguilar, etc. Also, would love to see some more of the new Supro amps with its original speaker and a mini pack of some boutique Vox style amps (Bad Cat, Matchless, Jackson). Thanks!

I would love to see some new M Britt Profiles that include the original speakers that are included in the amps. For example, Marshall with Greenbacks, Vox with Celestion Blues or Silvers. Are you planning on selling the Matchless profiles that you made for your friend?

I just made a quick clip for you guys to compare the M Britt 1970 Marshall SL 4 profile with stock cabinet (2x12 CL80 speaker) vs the OwnHammer 2x12 G12M speaker. Let me know what you guys think! Apologies for the short and raw clip. Make sure to use headphones!

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

My favorite profiles I use are M Britt Profiles, but I've always been wanting to change the cabinet and speaker to the appropriate one for the amp. I've heard many positive reviews about the OwnHammer IRs over at the Axe-FX forums, so I decided to try it out on the Kemper. I downloaded the new Ownhammer 1966 Marshall 212 Multi-Speaker Collection, which includes 64 different speakers to use. I loaded up my favorite profile from M Britt, the "70 Marshall SL 4" and I switched out the stock cab and used the OwnHammer G12m Greenback speaker: "OH 212 MAR-66 OH-G12M MIX SP2". I instantly received fantastic results! It improved the tone dramatically. The M Britt Profiles are not DI profiles, but the Kemper does a good job taking it out. I then tried the M Britt AC30 profile with the Ownhammer ALN-UK (Celestion Blue + Silver). Another tonal improvement that provided the chime of your typical Vox sound.

OwnHammer is having a promotion right now for the new collection for $25 and will go up to $50 on 6/14, so I highly encourage you to download it! I am really hoping that M Britt will include DI profiles for future releases because I really think his profiles with Ownhammer IRs will create the ultimate tone :thumbup:

@tntent - I have Pack 1, 2, 3, and Modern. For praise & worship, I tend to use the Vox AC30 and Marshall SL100 in Pack 2. I've tried the Matchless profiles in Pack 1, but for some reason didn't like the sound as much as the British Vox AC30. I'm still playing around with Pack 3 and Modern, but a lot of the profiles can be used.

Hey Michael,

Just spent an hour on your Modern Pack. Loving the tones! For the Supro Dual Tone, did you happen to profile any with the linked channels (both channels in parallel)? There weren't any profiles of the Supro being cranked up all the way. Would love to have one with higher gain.

Thanks for the new packs! I find the alternative names to be very confusing when I choose, which pack I want to buy. For example, what is the Voice MayB supposed to be? Maybe you can use the real names of the amps and just say something like... "This profile has a tone inspired by a _____ amp." and the write in your PDF a footer that says, "All product names mentioned on this website are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with M Britt Profiles."

Hey Michael,

I have tried your pack 1, 2 and dumble packs and they all sound amazing!
    I have tried 1000s topjimi, soundside, and taf profiles and I still
    prefer yours over to the other ones.

I agree with the others about releasing profiles with their original
    speaker combination. Here are some other suggestion I would like to see:

- merged profiles to allow the user to pick if they want to use a real speaker cabinet or change cabinet impulses.
    - more packs that are released that are based on amp type or brand (ie. Vox types - Matchless with their own custom Celestion speakers, BadCat with BadCat Celestion, Vox with Celestion Blue and Silver, 65Amps London, Jackson, TopHat, Morgan, etc)
    - Plexi amps with original Greenbacks
    - I love vintage Supro amps. Would love to see a DualTone 1624T, 1688T, Super 1606, Coronado 1690T, Thunderbolt S6420.
    - Bass amp profiles. Ampeg SVT would be nice.

To my ears, Packs 1 and 2 seem to be a bit on the darker side. I usually turn the Presence up to about 2 to get it sound good in my in-ears. Anyone else do this? I heard Pack 3 is a bit brighter.

Out of curiosity, did you ever try the 57 + R121 combo? What made you choose the Fathead instead of the R121? Seems like an industry standard to record guitar amps with the 57 + R121 combo.