Posts by chu

• Bought my Kemper in 2015. Thought it was ace.
    • Came on here, read great things, posted a bit. Thought the KPA was ace.
    • Started to read about lack of editors, cocked wahs, congestion, rasp...... Started to become dissatisfied with Kemper. Stopped posting much.
    • Stopped reading much other than to check for updates. Kemper sounds great again.
    • Wish they'd come up with an alert email so that I don't need to come here at anymore.

No offence meant to anyone, no single amp is for everyone, there are some great people here and you can all post what you like but if I surround myself with negativity, I become negative.

I only notice this when moving from profile to profile. Try locking the cabinet of your favourite profile before doing so. Still hear it?

I put it down to hearing the direct comparisons of different mic positions.

Thanks, I managed to work this out before seeing your reply anyway!
    Whats peoples experience with the reliability of just having the bypass @ stop mode on, without a separate on/off switch?

I tried it, felt it was a bit different. I stuck with it and wouldn't use anything else. It can be a bit weird if you're doing long, slow sweeps as your foot may actually stay still for a moment, causing the wah to switch off but it's a) something you can fix with a teeny bit of practice and b) something I hardly ever do.

Maybe I'm just lucky but I've yet to come across an engineer that doesn't understand the concept of 'No mic please, just an XLR DI (or two) from the back of the head straight to the desk'.

I have what some would deem to be a complex rig. I have a rack for my Kemper which contains a mixer for my IEMs. I'm the lead singer and even run an Akai sampler for additional sounds during the set. After introducing myself to the soundman, I'll say something like -

'I've got bit of a quirky rig; I'm using in-ears and I'll run a cable from my vocal mic to a mic splitter. You get one feed, I get the other. I need two XLR DIs from the back of my amp and another for my sampler. But the bonus is that I don't need your monitors. You can run a FOH mix or turn them off, it doesn't matter'.

The very fact that the lead singer/guitarist isn't asking for 'More me. More. No, I still can't hear me at all. More please. Do you actually know what you're doing mate? ' appears to endear me with them very quickly! Having been a soundman for many a band, I know just how particular some band members can be. Not saying that anyone here is being less than polite but it pays to consider it from the soundman's perspective.

As they're on back order in most stores, I doubt you'll have a great deal of luck in the used market!

Good luck in your search anyway. Mine was delivered yesterday and I'm not planning on letting it go though. Late night playing with headphones, stereo delay and a Freqout...... So, so good!!

I respect anyone's right to dislike a product and the KPA is no different.

In one of Sonic's last posts, he entered an on going discussion with a newbie asking for setup advice, immediately referring to the weaknesses he hears. Yes, he used polite words but that's just not helpful to anyone.

If you've just spent a big amount of money on something and are having trouble getting the best out of it, there's no need to be told about how the product is wilfully mis-marketed and not suitable for serious use. I believe that he should have kept his thoughts on the matter to one or two threads, with the aim to get CK to acknowledge his concerns. I just found his persistence a constant source of negativity and I understand the ban.

still hoping for.....,, power amp 4 ohm operation, MUCH better way of connecting the pedal cord, the flimsey jack on the back has come out/ broke on me/ on the gig 3 times, it need the same thing thats on the pedal itself,,all you have to do is kik it or trip on it and its shot,,
    MUCH better/ stronger Speaker out jack, this plastic one is junk,,( I have the powered rack)

I've heard on good authority that those things are coming with the next software update.....

I had this issue. I found that I needed to switch off all of the morph to wah/pitch whatnot. I then make my Liquid Foot choose what command to send depending on the selected patch.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I get bored on the Kemper website while waiting for OS 6.
    I 'm starting to go round in circles.

I got fed up with loitering on the Line 6 forum waiting for news about an update so that I could make the HD500 sound better, because it just sounded bad to my ears. I gave up and bought a Kemper.

If there's something missing the tones of the Kemper, buy something else. Whether that's a spring reverb pedal or a different amp, do it. There's no point in sitting here waiting for Kemper to come up with a solution to your problem.

Well, with the help of an expert (I'm guessing an employee of FAMC) on their forum, I have resolved the problem.

I was trying to use the Kemper to route one expression pedal to multiple purposes without considering the LF for the task. Out of ignorance, I had not realised that I could program the LF to change expression pedal CC numbers.....

Therefore for each profile I call up with the Liquid Foot, it has the relevant CC assigned to it and the Kemper has all of the 'Morph to wah' type switches deactivated. Flawless tracking now!!

Hi,

I recently purchased a FAMC Liquid Foot+ 12+ and it's great. I've used two different methods of controlling the Kemper prior to this, one was a Line 6 HD500 in browse mode and the other a Boss two button footswitch and modified Crybaby wah in performance mode. Both had worked well for me.

Since getting the Liquid Foot I've used it with the Crybaby (modified with a 10k pot) but I've not been able to overcome a problem. The expression pedal suffers from a significant lag/latency. I've asked on the FAMC forum and I'm starting to think the problem lies in the Kemper, especially as when moving the pedal, the calibration page on the LF has a graphic display which tracks perfectly with the movement.

When the expression pedal is connected directly to the Kemper, it works properly. When it is connected via the Liquid Foot, there's a lag. If I move the pedal slowly, it tracks perfectly. However, if I move it fast the Kemper doesn't keep up. So much so that if I was to waggle it forward and back three or four times, even once the pedal is stationary, the expression pedal page on the Kemper will continue to show the values changing until they have caught up. This can last a good few seconds.

Any thoughts?

Running OS 5.1.1..... Whatever the rest of the numbers are!

Ah well they should have made the free one better if they want the sales...not tempted by what I downloaded.

I jumped straight in with a few of the V30s, Anniversary and Greenbacks. There's plenty of them that sound disappointing, ok and brilliant but not a single one of them makes me think that the cabs on my favourite profiles are inferior.

It's also worth remembering that your favourite profiles will already have been tweaked to your liking. Changing IRs has a huge effect on the perceived EQ, therefore may well move your profile into something less pleasant ie too dark, too bright, too muddy, too thin.....

I spent some time over the last few days changing up my tones. Different cabs, delay settings and moving EQ from post to pre stack.

I also spent some time setting up my new FAMC Liquid Foot+ 12+ with its editor.

I found the Kemper much more enjoyable to fool around with. For everyone that says 'We need an editor' what they mean is 'I want an editor'. Personally, I have no interest in getting one. Sure, I'll download it and will no doubt end up using it because it's there but it's not needed at all by me.

A user here spoke to someone on the Kemper stand at Namm. They were informed that something was in progress regarding new reverbs. There was no promise of time frame or any other details.

Since then, team Kemper have said nothing other than to question the validity of the above. As I know, everything about new reverb is supposition.

I would if I could. maybe in a few years I can get a really great set. for now though the 40s may have to do

Whatever you buy, there will always be something better. Well, at least people will tell you that something else is better.

Who cares? Buy it and enjoy the Kemper.