Posts by chu

I'd be very interested in that. What I like about the remote is the single cable. No power cable, no need for two midi cables and all in a small format. I've slimmed my live rig down to a Boss two way footswitch and an expression pedal but would love a remote, if only it was smaller.

Don't think of your FOH tone as the tone which you've worked for, think of it as part of the band mix. The same way that a snare drum going through the FOH will sound different at every location, even if using the same PA and mics (the snare might be tuned differently, slightly different mic placement & different room acoustics etc), it doesn't matter at all. As long as the FOH engineer makes the whole band sound good, the only person scrutinising that element will be on stage performing to the audience.

In other words, don't stress about it. It doesn't matter.

My PRS SE in my avatar caused me no end of annoyance regarding tuning stability, particularly on the D & G string. Like the Chapman you've got, both had straight string paths and both are made by World Guitars in Korea (unless yours is older and Chinese made). I replaced the tuners, refiled the nut and fiddled with the bridge to no avail. I then bought a Graphtec nut (<£10), replaced the old one and it has been rock solid ever since. The nut was a doddle to fit by the way.

What I was trying to do was to use the Alternative Input for a wireless receiver and also use the Return for a mono feed from an Mp3 player. I guess it can't be done. Happily, the solution to my problem has been a positive outcome for me, so all is good!

Aux to mains was zero but aux to headphones was 10. I didn't realise the aux to headphones would also affect the monitor output. Set that to zero and it sorted it, thank you!

Hi,

If I use the rear panel alternative input, I get a blend of unprocessed and processed tone. As in clean and crunch at the same time. I've got the input set to rear alternative socket, no parallel modes but can't get my head around this issue. If I take out the cable from the rear and plug it into the front, it works fine!

Aren't the delays coming out in this upcoming 4.0?? I thought with a huge jump from 3.2 to 4.0 the delays would be there!! Does anyone know for sure, just curious.

My understanding is that they aren't. There is a Namm video where Christopher Kemper says the delays are coming out later.

I have wanted shimmer delays for sooo damm long now. I have owned my kemper since early 2014 and that effects is the only thing I am missing for my "normal" setup.

Well, the wait continues! It doesn't appear that the delays will be with 4.0.

It's one reason why I disagree with people that have complained about a lack of information from Kemper about updates (prior to Namm). Once a date is announded for an update, the expectations rise and people end up disappointed when the rumour mill suggests something greater than the end result.

I'm completely with the OP. I can't get a good result at all with the OD/distortion stomps on the Kemper. But then, I couldn't on a Line 6 HD500. And ran my valve Marshall without any either! I've come to the conclusion that I simply prefer amp drive!

Erm.... Sorry, I can't face going back and reading everything again for this one question!! ?(

Does anyone know if you can use just one expression pedal for wah on a rig and then on another rig for morphing?

Cheers my dears.

Not that I know of. I used to run my Powerhead into a 2x12 with 100w Celestion K100 wired to 4 ohms. At 4 ohms the Kemper is electronically limited to 600 watts and I never had any issues. Admittedly, I'm sensible with volume and I'm never asked to turn my amp down unlike many guitarists I know but I'd argue that a good guitar speaker generally lets you know when it's being driven too hard and mine never got anywhere near that.

Don't forget, the Powerhead only outputs mono. The stereo cab will need to run in mono so depending on how it is wired, the resistance will be different from the individual speaker ohms.

They can take my profiles but they'll never be able to play them like me! They might actually be able to play a little :D

I can understand if you're running a commercial profiling business but if not, I don't see the issue. I could take a photo of someone's amp and pedalboard to copy the settings, taking a profile is little different.

Having someone mess around with my gear without my permission is another matter. How about some mains voltage to the USB/front panel? 8o

Fair point and my post was fairly lacking in depth. I do understand that there is a place for dual amps and my point would be much easier to relay in person! I'll try a bit harder....

a) Dual amp stereo rigs (wet/dry type rigs) - great for home use where the stereo effect can add excitement in a headphone/low volume scenario. Not good for recording; a mix needs to sound good in mono and stereo setups can have comb filtering/phase cancellation issues when summed; double tracking with the second amp is much preferred. Not great at smaller live venues where you're struggling for sonic separation within the band nor at medium/large venues where PAs are usually run in mono. If you're using a sound engineer they're unlikely to be terribly interested in your stereo set up (unless they're on your payroll), merely wanting to produce a decent FOH mix (see earlier reference to Myles Kennedy).

b) Dual amp rigs, each used as for separate tones (Fender cleans and Marshall crunch for example). Works brilliant but the Kemper already excels at this.

c) Dual amps mono rigs - This can work brilliantly but can also cause all sorts of ground loop noise. (With obvious exceptions) this is often used by those using different amps to compensate for the deficiencies of the amps they own (not saying the amps are bad, just missing something). I've experimented with mixing Vox, Marshall, Matchless and Fender amps in this scenario joyfully imagining the tonal nirvana to come. To mine (and everyone in the band's ears), twice the amps never equated to twice the tone. Usually the opposite!

For me, dual amp capability is mostly a product of the domestic, home user market. Without meaning any offence to those who do this, I find that those with multi-amp stage rigs are often focussed on their own role and having their 'own sound'. That's fine if you're someone like Joe Bonamassa who is the focus point, or even Jimmy Herring (both of whom would be able to buy two Kempers by the looks of it!). But for the rest of us it's something of an overkill when the Kemper is already capable of producing some of the best guitar tones available; realistically only guitarists will notice our guitar tone anyway!! ;)

I think it's all been said already but I'll repeat it anyway!! The Kemper can't do it nor will it ever. If it really is that important, buy something else.

This 'essential feature' is something picked up from watching Youtube and is usually a gimmick. Firstly, multi-amp setups are often switching between amps as a multichannel setup with only one amp on at a time. The Kemper does this already. Secondly, if you are genuinely using more than one amp simultaneously, you'll find the FOH engineer has a completely different opinion. Watch the Myles Kennedy Rig Rundown video. He was using a Mesa & Diezel combination for ages, unaware that the FOH engineer never put the Mesa through as it ruined the mix.