Posts by chu

Some people are very concerned with playing an authentic profile that has come straight from the real amp. In the same way that Line 6 model the controls to the amp (with a Cut control, twin volumes with a channel etc), some people have a hard time accepting that the EQ in the KPA isn't consistent with the profiled amp.

So what? The models in a Helix aren't authentic either, it's just an algorithm that behaves in a way that someone has decided mimics the behaviour. What if you found out that your favourite profile was actually captured from an AxeFx? Would you be upset and change to something authentic which you liked less?

I'm not actually bothered about having a great AC30 for the intro to a song, I just want the tone in my head. If that falls in the AC30 ballpark, then I'll likely use an AC30 profile that sounds best to my ears. If I then have to tweak it to fit the context, so be it.

We do believe that you have a hard time with key changes. We're just stating that it's not a case that Kemper Gmbh aren't interested in making a zero latency pitch shifter, it's a case that they can't. The KPA doesn't have the hardware inside that the Drop does. Same as it can't fly to Pluto. Software updates ain't gonna change that.

I've got a pair of Mackie CR4s. They sound fine to my ears and cost £100. I'm certain that some people will criticise them and say they're rubbish but I'm not them.

For use in a semi detached house in the adjoining bedroom (so rarely ever above TV volume) they are all I need.

on my variax, I dont feel ANY diff in any tuning,, so I know it can be done,just want to downsize,,

I had one of the earlier Variaxs built into a Telecaster and definitely found it noticeable. It was no better than the Morpheus DropTune pedal I had for a while. If I recall, with the newer Variaxs, they employed some cunning methods for reducing the latency. I'm guessing that they are able to extract the transient from the piezo and overlay it with the shifted note, creating a pseudo low latency. But I guess that's only possible with the individual piezo saddles.

All digital amps require the sound to be converted from analogue to digital, be processed and then be returned to analogue. Those conversions add latency and any pitch shifting requires the device to measure the wavelength, which again adds latency.

No idea what Digitech have done to get it right. Although the ones I tried from them before finding my solution didn't give the results you describe.

I can't see that the solution is a software one.

No. You cannot morph the master volume.

If you're seeing the rig volume leds change during morphing but not hearing any change, something is wrong.

Time for simple fault finding, one step at a time. Does it change when you move the control by hand? What colour is the output led meter showing at? What are your output settings? Have you tried plugging headphones straight into the KPA?

Gain, Bass, Mid & Treble. If each go to 1-10, then there are 9999 combinations at exact numerical positions. When Profiling, those bleeps and wooshes produced are required to ensure the profile responds accurately to the guitar and how it is played; changing controls would lengthen the capture process as it would need to do the whole process at each setting to be authentic. Not only would it take a lot longer but the profile files would be bigger and need more RAM and processing.

This has been for asked many times before.

8 pages! That was quick!

So the speakers are available in some markets now, but the software that lets it do the magic speaker impersonation is in a future release? I'm not sure what the extra benefit is over my existing FRFR powered cabs and Celestion- loaded guitar cab.

Are they? That's not what I read it as. Being shipped to distribution points so as to universally available when ready for sale. Shipping by sea container is slow but cheap and therefore getting them ready to go to satisfy demand makes sense to me.

Has anyone heard if the speaker virtualizations will be available to all users? I mean, surely there's not a hardware dongle that only lets you use them with the Kabinet/Kone, right? I've got a pretty flat powered FRFR that I'd like to try them on first before I pull the trigger on the new cab and speaker.

From what I understand, you can plug it into anything and use the speaker imprints. But the Kabinet is not a FRFR cabinet, it is a speaker that works with the algorithm in the Kemper which makes it behave as one. Therefore the results may be quite unpredictable into another speaker.

Most higher value digital products will have their lifespan planned early on as they are guaranteed to become obsolete at some point. My point was we don't know the plan for Kemper Gmbh. Maybe they hoped to expand until they became GlobalMegaCorp or maybe they are happy working for the current wage and environment. There are people that are content on working with 1-2 year employment contracts and others that need permanence to feel secure. There are those that are happier running their own business than working in a supermarket for the same money.

We don't know if the senior people in Kemper have everything pinned on coming up with the next Kemper and therefore an interest in keeping up with the competition or have already been working on something completely different. It's not as if the KPA was a natural progression of their product line.

My point is essentially that we don't know if it bothers Kemper that after nearly a decade, their product is no longer going to be at the front of the pack.

That all being said, basically this new unit is what I myself and others have been requesting for years for a Kemper 2 version in this forum. I hate to say it again but... sorry I've BEEN saying it again and again: Someone else WILL do it if you don't hurry to do it. These are the fast times we live in and the guitar players wishes are simple: they want EVERYTHING in an indistinguishable real world quality with every option and every effect existing in different low weight and affordable unit formats.

None of us here are certain of the Kemper business model. As you say, these are fast times we live in; gone are the days where you could build a company with certainty and an ever growing product range and they may have never intended to try to stay ahead of the competition. Maybe their business model was to sell the Kemper for a decade and provide hardware support for a further decade and move on to something unrelated to guitar amps. Maybe there will never be another Kemper amp.

I'm genuinely interested to see what Quad Cortex will be like but I am not impressed with the marketing literature so far as it seems rather full of scientific buzzwords designed to excite.

Thanks for those who've made suggestions and helpful comments, Kemper on its way back to home base. I'll see what they say.

Hope you get it resolved. As I mentioned before, a great number of profile packs from well respected sellers have proved to be garbage to my ears; often I wondered how they had been able to make something sound so bad. After stumbling around getting a little closer, trying profile after profile of amps I've loved or considered I would, i found my perfect base sound already in the box (either factory content or Rig Manager I can't recall which). It turns out that a Splawn QuickRod was what I was looking for but just didn't know.

sample.zip

Done with a Highway one strat, topjimi Jubilee profile, spdif to RME Fireface.

No post processing.

That sounds terrible. If that was the best of what I could get out of mine, I'd be fed up.

I'm no fan boy but I definitely get good sounds out of mine, with no processing required. I am a set believer (despite a number here stating I'm wrong) in using profiles created with similar pickups/guitar to what I use. And I've been massively disappointed with most commercial packs I purchased too. Not naming names but I was was shocked that anyone would be able to use most of them. I'll now only use free ones on Rig Manager.

I'd love for you to post a DI track so that we could reamp it and help you find a solution.

To all that waited patiently with their 32bit platforms, unable to join the party with those with 64bits..... I salute you. You're awesome.

Thanks to the development team for the fix. Your work is appreciated. You're even more awesome.

Press the Output button, scroll left or right with the page keys until you find the settings which link outputs to the Master knob. You've likely disconnected the Monitor Volume link.