Posts by chu

Same here. Others have found the same. It is not unique to RM3.0, it happens on other installs too. A fix isn't well known yet but I'm not sure if anyone has contacted Support for help and to make them aware.

I've been trying for 2 day to install on Windows 10. Each and every time I get: "There is a problem with this Installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor"...….I have tried every suggestion/workaround on the internet.

Exactly this here too. I will be raising a ticket when I get a chance.

Hi Chris,

I've followed a few 'How to' guides trying to resolve it including modifying a couple of files in the registry. All without luck.

It doesn't specify a dll, just that one is missing.

Error: "There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor"

I've got a Windows 10 tablet which throws up a dll missing warning whenever I try to install RM3 so I'm not able to give it a go.

It's likely that it's due to it being a cheapo thing but thought I'd bring it up.

Thanks anyway and I look forward trying to get it to work :):):):)

I've heard so many users here discussing the differences between the results of different monitoring solutions and find it refreshing to read what you write. I've tried a number myself and can hear the differences but never once felt the sounds were so not really quite similar. And certainly nothing that wasn't narrowed down my a simple EQ tweak.

Meh, maybe my ears are ruined. Maybe I'm just not sensitive to such things. Ignorance is bliss.....

Blimey. A chap politely states he's getting weird sounds out of his Kemper, identifies the cause and posts some audio when asked.

Some of the comments in return have a hint of defensiveness and on occasion are mildly hostile. No intention to offend, ruffle feathers or cause any arguments but we could have been a little more friendly on the whole.

To the OP, hopefully you've solved it and some new saddles will let you get the best out of it.

I tend to use sounds that have a tight low end, nothing too full or boomy.

Mids higher than I'd expect.

Treble a little lower.

That leads to fairly unexciting sounds at home, not bad as such but definitely nothing amazing. With my band, it sounds full and cuts through nicely.

Whenever I've dialled in something awesome at home it does not usually translate well at all with a band. Usually piercing but without substance and the only way to be heard is too turn it up; making it even more piercing.

I've just tried playing with the output settings. I can only get mine as (omitting the less relevant Stack/GTR/Studio etc) -

Main Out - Master Stereo/Master Mono/Master Left.

Monitor - Master Left/Master Mono

As there's no apparent Master Right output, I suppose you could use the Master Left on the monitor and Master Stereo for the main outputs but only use the right output, thus creating a stereo pair.

Yes.

The only issue I foresee would be if using the powered out for a guitar cab and the monitor to a power amp into a FR speaker. I don't think you could have a cab simulation on just one of the pair.

However, you could use one of the main outputs with the cab sim on, and switched off to the guitar cab.

EH Synth 9. I use it as a kind of double track effect both live and in the studio. Not full guitar becomes synth stuff, more of a 'miss it when it's off' thing; it just fills out the void that exists since the other guitarist quit the band.

Plus a TC Ditto X2 Jam. It's a looper that stays in time with a drummer. Again just to fill the void when I play a solo.

As above, this is something commonly mentioned. But on a real amp, each control interacts with the others therefore it still wouldn't be accurate if you profiled the amp whilst adjusting a knob at a time. You'd literally have thousands of combinations (a three barrel combination lock had 720 combinations) and still, it would only be for that very particular amp.

Maybe the head says you need that but in a real world situation, you don't. Find that JCM800 profile too trebly? Turn it down. It still sounds like a JCM800. Did it behave identically to the profiled amp? It doesn't matter.

It's pretty shocking how most of my favourite profiles sound so similar and I think it's down to my idea of a good tone. Give me a real amp and I'll dial it to sound like that too.

Tomorrow would be a nice day. Everyone is free on a Sunday to properly test it out and identify any bugs quickly.

Fingers crossed.

I finish work at 2am tonight and start again at 2pm in the afternoon. I am definitely not free on a Sunday.

Just in case people don't realise, it's not mandatory to put the Stage on the floor, right? It can be temporarily put on a stool, desk, chair bed, cab, box, shelf to make tweaking easier.

If you're me and your cable OCD extends to making colour coded, specific length cables routed neatly then it can be a ballache but I've seen some of your ideas of cabling and I'm still not sleeping properly.

Sure you do. Happens all the time. You don't even have to look outside NAMM '19 to see it.

Wampler Pedals demo'd their new Terraform. Which they said would be out in Summer. Much like Kemper, they've communicated that it's taking longer than expected and to hang tight. Nothing is 'fundamentally flawed'. But getting it right is taking more time than expected.

It happens. All the time.

Quit being so reasonable dude ;)

I've had a change of heart recently regarding an editor. I used to have my Powerhead sat on top of a cab or shelf in easy reach. I loved how I learned how to twiddle the knobs and change menus quickly at home which was brilliant for use live; unlike if I'd spent all the time using an editor and would be lost without it if one of my patches I'd been working on didn't translate well a volume.

Recently though, i ended up moving my Kemper into a rack and it now lives at about calf height. Super handy for fast set up live and at home but a right old pig to tweak with an aging back. So now, I do want an editor and have bought a Windows 10 device in preparation. That said, I'm not complaining about the 'delayed' release of the editor.

Whilst I understand the frustration, I don't understand the lack of manners from those that feel the need to be rude or constantly negative about the current situation. I can't be bothered to argue with them though and it turns out that the block feature has a wonderful effect on my mental state when visiting this place, waiting to see if 3.0 has landed!

Summer is gone, Fall is here, Winter is Coming! 10 days since G String thought it would be a few more days......... :/:rolleyes:?(

I consider that 10 days amounts to a few days delay, especially in the context of an informal post here. It's not yet a few weeks and nowhere near a few months so I don't think anything is amiss.

No offence meant to anyone but this is pretty common on forums:

Person a) When can we expect <product>

Person b) Soon. Maybe a few weeks away from release.

Person a) A few weeks, cool.

Person c) A few weeks? So what, two weeks? Three max? Cool.

Person d) Definitely within three weeks? Cool.

Person e) Confirmed.

Person d) Cool.

Person f) It's been 22 days. Why announce a release date if you can't keep it? Not cool.

I wouldn't expect this to be cheaper than a non-powered KPA toaster/rack.

A Profiler and remote combined that would be nearly less than half the cost of a Profiler alone?

Even if it doesn’t Profile, something I find extremely unlikely, I’d be *pissed* at how much I paid for a Toaster & Remote.

Yep, just what I had been thinking. I'm sure that there are plenty of folks that are expecting this to be set to compete with the Helix but I don't. There are a number of business models to follow; sell low/sell lots is a valid one but it is not what Kemper have shown a tendency to do. Just because more Helixes are sold doesn't mean they are better, nor is there more profit. A smaller company can often do better by selling less at a greater price. And when I say better, I'm factoring in the wages and working conditions of every employee too.

If the Stage Profiler (or whatever it's called) is set dramatically cheaper than a Profiling Amp but only plays profiles, there may well be lot sold. But equally, lots of used Profiling Amps will end up being sold second hand. That's not only going to have a big impact on the used value it's also going to hit the sale of brand new items. So whilst potential first time buyers might win, Kemper will take a hit on their flagship models sales.

With a growing share users buying a considerably cheaper product, relying on commercial and free profiles on RigManager, I'm sure some people are going to be upset. Of course, a large percentage of users buy a Profiling Amp and never profile anything, let alone share them free but at least they've paid the same as everyone else; unlike someone buying a cheap ticket to the game but still getting the same seats.

Whatever our hopes are, the price will be set for the best interests of Kemper Gmbh, not us. And I'm fine with that; long may she reign.

I understand the fear of someone messing with the settings and I also understand the fear of someone stealing the Kemper completely but stealing my rigs? That's some either some pretty shady but well prepared criminality or plain paranoia.

I totally understand why someone would prefer to have a built in USB interface and also the apparent omission by Kemper when the competition has them as standard. For me though, having a portable amp to plug in to my existing interface is more beneficial than using it as the centre piece of a recording set up.

I'm a mixture of bedroom/living room player, monthly band practicer, occasional recorder and rare gigger. I've owned a number of interfaces over the years, from cheap to more expensive, recording direct guitar to full bands and call BS on the notion that you need to spend that kind of money to capture a decent tone from the Kemper. Most interfaces have some tonal effect, which many will identify as 'better' and 'worse' when I just hear EQ differences.

If you're going to be recording a few basic songs for your own use or to share with interested peers, then just about any stable interface will do. If you're planning on DIY recording a full band, multi-mic'ed drums and vocals etc. then you need more inputs but the difference in sonic quality between a high end MOTU and a cheap, used Tascam 122 is just not going to notice at all; what will is your recording and mixing ability. We might be struck by a brilliant guitar tone in a brilliantly performed, engineered and mastered song but we won't be struck by a great guitar tone in a poorly performed, poorly engineered and mastered song.

I'm not suggesting that a great interface isn't worth it, it is. But it's about creating a balanced system without weakness. Great interface and rubbish monitoring? Great monitoring and rubbish microphones? Great gear and rubbish recording skills? You can't buy your way to great, fully blown recordings; it's a long road of learning. Don't let gear snobbery stop you from the joys of home recording. Besides, what you buy now to learn and progress with will probably be unsupported by Windows by the time you're able to push its abilities! ;)

To what level of accuracy would we want? Kemper have made a habit of doing it properly or not at all and in my experience, amp controls interact with each other. How many people would then criticise Kemper for not behaving like the real amp at all. So to do it right you need to profile with -

Low Gain

• bass 0, mid 0, treble 0
    • bass 10, mid 0, treble 0
    • bass 10, mid 10, treble 0
    • bass 10, mid 10, treble 10
    • bass 0, mid 10, treble 0
    • bass 0, mid 10, treble 10
    • bass 0, mid 0, treble 10

High Gain

• bass 0, mid 0, treble 0
    • bass 10, mid 0, treble 0
    • bass 10, mid 10, treble 0
    • bass 10, mid 10, treble 10
    • bass 0, mid 10, treble 0
    • bass 0, mid 10, treble 10
    • bass 0, mid 0, treble 10

With those 14 profiles, it might be enough for some of us to consider that it now behaves like the real amp but I suggest that it won't completely capture the way the controls interact with each other as they're only captured at minimum and maximum values. And Kemper would only be able to claim that it closely approximates the amp at various settings. Is that enough for the bigger market or will it be viewed as a half-baked failure? That's definitely the Line 6 approach and they've shown that they aim to get each control to mimic the real thing but I'm neither convinced it works or is beneficial.