Posts by rkaynan

Do I need the Kemper system to be higher than 8.2.2.28378 for the iPad rig manager to work? That appears to be the newest one though I keep getting this message:

"Profiler requires a software update. The currently installed version is not compatible with this rig manager."

Thanks for your reply but it’s such an overkill answer that I can’t read all you copied and pasted. Still, I don’t see my answer.

I turned on my a Rack this morning, then Rig Manager but my local library is gone.
    That’s where all of my purchases are at.

Does anyone know how I can get it back?
    I’m a Mac user.

I read the update notes for 7.12 that clearly showed there was a midi problem they fixed. I completed the upgrade though I still have an annoying problem whereby my wah expression pedal is not being read by the Kemper any longer. Apparently there is still a midi problem that wasn't fixed at least for me. My other expression pedal is being read fine so I know it's not the pedals themselves.

Ingolf, I didn’t call tech support a waste of time. Sending the unit elsewhere in this country was a waste of time. I had to make other arrangements whilst the unit was gone and that was very difficult and time consuming.
    Anyway, I used the Kemper this morning for about an hour and it worked fine except for one thing: The Kemper won’t respond to my wah expression pedal anymore. It completely ignores it. I checked; the wah plugin is active and locked as it has been for many years. This upgrade to 7.09 caused it to stop working. Need some help with that if anyone can offer some. Thanks.

Monkey Man, my rig is not that full; 46 profiles. Just noticed there are 256 "preset packs" that I didn't know existed and 9 performances.

I just turned it on today and will see how it's working. Maybe it healed itself after a night a sleep! I'm not holding my breath.

This is just wonderful sarcastically speaking: Just upgraded from 6x to 7.09 and the Kemper is operating like crap.

Nothing happens when buttons are pressed or there is a ridiculous lag.

It locks up and nothing happens.

Parts of the data on the screen are blinking or are missing.

Ever since firmware 5.x, I've had nothing but endless issues with the Kemper. They really need to focus on the firmware or something. I can't use it live anymore after paying so much for it. I already sent it back to be fixed once and that was distant, time wasted and expensive.

Can you go back to older versions?

I'm attempting to update to system 7.09 but that process has been going on for well over an hour with just the "Kemper Profiler" main screen showing.

How much longer would you wait before attempting to pull the flash drive out, cut the power, etc in order to start over?

Rich, That was a Great Performance all the way around. I can tell you put some real work into your track. :thumbup:

Thanks everyone!!
    Rhythm guitar left; I used a Gibson SG '61 reissue with a profile that I made from my Marshall JVM215c combo.
    Rhythm guitar right; an ESP Eclipse II-BB guitar using a Choptone "Frame Us Drag On" profile.
    Lead guitar was a Gibson Les Paul Standard using a higher gain version of the one listed above from the same amp.

My version of Queen's hit. All of the guitars and bass were performed using my Kemper Rack. I performed all of the instruments and vocals:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Paul, that is a good idea but what I really want is that slight separation between left and right. I tried the Free Delay plugin, as it's called, and set it up with about 18ms and it kind of worked but it still sounded slap back-ie. When mixing, I typically record one guitar track, double it and make them about 10ms apart while panning 100% opposite directions. That's good for recording but simulating that live in stereo doesn't work great.