Posts by hamsandwich

Thanks cybermgk. They're very good profiles. When I play them with my single coil Strat with the KPA presence & treble turned down about 2 db each they sound warmer. I'd like to hear some profiles of your 68 CDR with a single coil Strat & using just the Unleash - maybe 3 profiles: clean, medium gain & max gain. :thumbup:

It's a problem for me & here's how I've approached it. I've got about 20 performances on my KPA where each performance features a different amp. The 5 slots in each performance feature a range of gain for that amp - typically, clean, crunch & solo tones. I usually take the profiles as I find them - I'm not a "tweaker". Out of about 20 performances, I've only found 2 performances that will consistently cut through the mix in most live situations. Unfortunately, most of the people I play with don't give much thought to leaving "sonic space" for others, so if I want my rhythm gtr or my solos to be heard by everyone in the band (while maintaining a tone that I like) I have to make it happen myself. Using 2 DXR10 powered speakers (totalling 1400 watts RMS) helps a lot too!!

I just discovered that if you use just the compressor with the settings listed by HELL-G, except increase the Intensity to 9.0, you can get a sound very like the intro to Steppenwolf's Magic Carpet Ride when you play a 1st position E chord and slap the strings with your fingers or pound the strings with your fist over the pickups while playing a profile (with a gain of 6 out of 10) with a Strat (single coils) with the neck pu selected. Make sure the input noise gate on the KPA is turned off.

I was looking for a way to get that sound & I think I found it. Thanks for the inspiration, HELL-G. :)

Thanks Jen. It sounds good with headphones with my Strat playing along to backing tracks. I've put it on my KPA & I'll try it out live with my jam band on Monday.

How close to the speaker did you put the mic?

I use mine with 2 DXR10s (powered speakers) in a stereo configuration. I like the bigger sound I get with 2 speakers even when not using stereo effects. I know it's only rock & roll - but I like it with 2 speakers. :thumbup:

... hmm ... something strange going on. I switched off the wifi on my phone and I was able to connect with the amp factory site. I could not get on with my phone on wifi. I'll reset my modem & see if that solves the problem.

Yup, that's the one I was using. On Sept 3 I made a purchase there. The next day I went back looking for another profile & got on the site initially. An hour or so later I tried to get on again & was blocked by the "403 Forbidden" message. And the blockage continues. Maybe their website is down. Can you get on, MM?

Yup, it just sounds so real. When I first got mine I plugged my gtr & headphones in & played the first rig that came up - 1962 Electro (a clean Fender-type sound) - and I felt like I was actually sitting in front of my Fender Twin Reverb set a low volume. I was stunned by how realistic it sounded.

And after using several rigs while jamming with my band I was amazed by how "big" it sounded & how well it cut through the mix. I used 2 Yamaha DXR10 powered speakers when playing with my band & got a really big stereo sound.

Welcome to the forum, Motochick !! If you're looking for Keef's 5-string open-G tuned Tele sound the one that absolutely nails it (IMHO) is the Top Jimi profiles of a '59 Fender Twin. Top Jimi is a commercial Kemper profiler and you can buy his '59 Fender Twin profile pack for $10. Just go to his website & watch the video demo to see if you like it.