Posts by hamsandwich

@ eljodon: WOW!! 55 profiles - that's a lot of work!! I just spent the last hour or so playing through some of them (through headphones) & having a blast.!! I was using a strat (single-coil pups) so a lot of them were too bright for my taste, but I did find some that I quite enjoyed, even though I don't usually play hi-gain amps. I haven't played through any of those amps in real life but your profiles seem to be good quality ones and I enjoyed the hour I spent sampling them. Kudos!! :thumbup:

The are a number of HD videos on YouTube of Steve Winwood's current tour that very clearly show him playing through the KPA. You can see the KPA very well in some of them - can't quite read the names of the presets he's using though ... ^^

Thanks for the kind welcome, guys. I'm honored to be associated with such an august group. And it just happens to be August, as well ...

Monkey Man, I'm holding you responsible for my current Wah addiction - after downloading & installing your Wah collection. Thank you for that :thumbup: !!!

New Kemper user from Ottawa, Canada here. Got the unpowered toaster & remote about 2 months ago. I'm using it with 2 Yamaha DXR10s (stereo) for jamming with my band. I arrange the DXR10s in a line about 2 feet apart in the monitor position on the floor with the monitor EQ in. It's like a 6 foot long "wall of sound" coming up from the floor. It sounds brighter than when using headphones (AKG K702) but that's probably because my head is almost directly on the speaker axis of the DXR10s.

The KPA & the 2 DXR10s produce a thick 3D sound that more than keeps up with my heavy-hitter drummer, and any other instruments for that matter. I have no problem cutting through the mix when I want to launch into a solo & I can always hear my rhythm playing. I like the stereo effects especially the stereo rotary and the stereo delays.

Most of my time with the KPA is spent at home using headphones & jamming along with backing tracks. It's by far the most realistic sounding digital amp I've played through.

Eventually I'll try profiling some of my amps. I don't have access to a studio but I'm gonna try doing it in the basement.

I've been a member of the User Forum for about a year and I got the KPA, the DXR10s & the AKG K702 mostly based on the comments of other members - I had not actually demoed any of this gear before I bought it. And I gotta tell ya I'm happy with how it all turned out. Many thanks to the many members here who took the time to pass on their experiences. There are too many of you to thank individually, but most of you probably know who you are anyway.