Posts by Lati

2x stereo effects loop, dual profiles, better screen, better profile management, floor model etc... there's really lots to do. In these conversations people always seem to defend their product's resale value and just state that "there's no need for kemper 2" :P Kemper is great, sold mine 1,5 years ago, but will buy Kemper 2 when it comes out :)

Hope that trs cable will solve your problem. By the way, Dunlop DVP4 manual is only one page long and also there is stated that if you use it as an expression pedal, you must use TRS cable.

Reading all of this, I'm not sure now I made a good decision to by the H9.

I think you made a great decision :D

When I said that they're on par I meant that regarding those effects that Kemper provides they're on par (well matter of taste). But both provide different things in different color. I personally use H9 in almost every rig for something, and I will sell it only if I really have to: I have had it about nine months and I still enjoy its sound when I'm playing at home in the dark room and it's raining outside and all seems to go to hell and I dial in that Blackhole algorithm and it doesn't matter that I'm too drunk to play but it still sounds comforting and awesome. It's incredibly versatile unit. But like KPA_Leader said, you have to see it for yourself

There's no benefit using y-cable, since feed to effects loop is still mono. But everything else Grooguit said is true: basically I miss stereo feed to effects loop is when I want to use H9's fancy reverbs and would like to have some stereo delays etc fed to it. But that's the only drawback and it's not a deal breaker: H9 still introduces lots of versatile sounds in an easy format. They are inspiring and give new ideas (not only because they sound good but because they're easy to handle with editor including lots of presets). Especially if you can find Max used at a decent price, like I did, I would totally recommend it. If you find out you don't need it you can still easily sell it without losing money.

Kemper's effect quality is on par with H9. But of course both have their own sound. Kemper's effects are more subtle in a way. Pitch shifting is more natural in Kemper. If the (possibly) upcoming reverbs are as good as the new delays it's possible I sell my H9 if I need money... though I love some algorithms, especially space algorithms, and of course there's the fact that H9 editor is excellent: it's easy and fun to experiment with effects on your computer screen.

hmmm My Rig Manager software doesn`t pick up that there is a new software version for my Kemper. Odd. I usually update through the Rig Manager.

It worked for me normally. When I started the rig manager it told me about the update and installed it no problem.

I'm such an opportunist that I foresee current beta elevated to release level and simultaneously a presentation of 6.0 beta with new toys including stereo loop and new reverbs... :saint:

I think floormodels in the future will have as few edit-buttons as possible while most editong will be done with an smartphone-app.

Exactly. I btw laughed at the same image that the rep in Kemper booth, three knobs in basic Boss stomp pedals are almost too much :D I don't actually understand this whole floormodel trend. I have H9 and even if tablet/smartphone editor is handy I really prefer physical knobs. When Kemper releases PC editor I think it's the best combination.

Maybe I'm old fashioned that way, but I don't like touch screens that much, you have to worry about battery and Bluetooth connections and it's pain to make small adjustment in the middle of the song when your hands are sweating etc etc...

I have the head and in my opinion the mod knobs are not that useful, i rarely use them actually. But I love the leds. Many say that you should use your ears and not eyes etc blah blah, well it's not that, i think. I'm used to see the position of the knobs in my amp. Wouldn't trade to rack version without a very good reason just because of that.

I would love to use Monitor Output to feed effects loop with Direct Output/Send. That gives opportunity to use Kemper's cool stereo effects with external gear in the loop after them (e.g new great stereo delays with external reverb pedal) without going mono.