+1 on this request a KEMPER PEDAL
If it could be a 3 button, pedalboard friendly size, similar to L6 HX Stomp, I am in.
A Kemper Pedal with:
- Headphones output
- EXP 1/2 jack to connect your favorite expression pedal
- XLR L/R OUT or 1/4" (FOH and monitor OUT)
- FX Loop Stereo Send/Return (to be integrated with other pedals or with another Kemper)
- MIDI IN/ MIDI OUT
- USB audio
- Bluetooth audio in (for streaming backing tracks)
- 9/18 V pedalboard power friendly
- iPad iOS/Android App interface
- Suggested retail price: Between $699.99 - $899.99
I am happy with my rack+remote setup, but a unit like this could have many use cases and reach another consumer target:
- It could be an affordable add-on to run another Kemper Rig in parallel or in series with the Profiler or Stage. MIDI integration ready.
- Extension to the Remote Looper with the ability to record and store/recall loops
- A smaller alternative to the Remote.
- Convenient Kemper practice tool.
- Affordable Kemper backup
- Expand the Kemper users community by attracting pedalboard guys and competing with HX stomp, Iridium and other preamp pedals. (QC and FM3 are oversized and more expensive)
In particular the USB audio, bluetooth and an app option is a must have these days I think. My desk (my whole music room indeed) has become so clean over the years, less cables, less dust... yet way more powerful - this is the right way. Regarding old profiles, please make any new device downward compatible, but I think this is self-evident.
Would like to add that from my perspective this is not the call for an all new KPA but for a smaller version - which is a different thing. The rest is up to the software and this a very good thing.
But: I kinda feel that such a device is not the idea behind the Profiling Amplifier. Would love to see it nevertheless.