Posts by Fireloogie

Hey folks.

Anyone here who compared those two? I do not want to bash the plugin in any way, might be my taste or shortcoming of mixing. But It feels like it won't cut through a mix. I also feel that some notes in the F and MM basses are slightly out of tune. I feel this on some orchestral plugins, too, where reviews pointed out the same.

I am considering a bass guitar to use with the KPA, which is a possibility I almost overlooked.

Am I wrong here or might this lead into more authentic results?

Thx & have a good day/night.

Alex

I wonder if CK and SS talked to each other about this. Slate is not using K-terminology (rig isn't;).
    I picture them standing towards each other, no talking needed. They communicate telepathically. From one genius to another. :/8)

It's great to get (free !) updates from time to time - but it's not a promise - and for sure not a promise that it will be updated until the end of days.

"Free Feature Updates"

Wouldn’t it be great to beam a couple of new tubes from the 50s straight into your amp? Or for a couple of new stomps to magically appear in your gig bag? In software, you can already do this, and we make extended use of it. Providing free feature additions via firmware updates is a proud tradition at KEMPER. This way, your purchase becomes even more valuable over time."

https://www.kemper-amps.com/profiler/overview

;)

Neunaber Immerse for me. I never play without a spacial feel to the sound (indeed hate dry guitar sounds).
    The immerse has a wonderful setting that let's you blend a dealy (you lose some controlling options for the reverb itself but it's rather perfectly set per default).

It's actually all I need these days, plus a two channel preamp, lowgain/highgain. KPA options are welcome nevertheless as I consider these more as production tools to create unique sounds for the flair of a track.

That freqout pedal I have to look at though...

Ich denke, Kemper tut gut daran, nicht jedes denkbare Komplimentärprodukt selbst zu entwickeln. Dass sich andere Anbieter mit dedizierten Kemper-Komponenten aufstellen, erweitert doch den Markt auf eine Art und Weise, die man schon als Selbstläufer bezeichnen kann. Nichtsdestotrotz fände ich einen Speaker von Kemper reizvoll, und vielleicht kommt er ja tatsächlich irgendwann. Ich vermute, die haben einfach genug Ideen für den Profiler selbst, die das Team derzeit intensiv auf Trab halten.

I was 6 years old, when I saw a band on television called "the guitar army". They had a bunch of guitarists and it was the coolest thing I had ever seen. Sold. Tried to find out about them later, but never found anything. But still remember that day when I knew what I had to response when someone asked what I wanted to be. A guitar player.

Long live the sixstring. Keen on reading responses here. Great thread :thumbup: .

Beide sind FRFR :)

https://www.thegearpage.net/bo…monitors-vs-frfr.1889139/

Schließe mich Sharry an. Nach langem Experimentieren mit einer Lösung, die für beides funktioniert (alle möglichen Mini-PA mit transportabel und vielseitig-Versprechungen), habe ich irgendwann eingesehen, das beides seinen ureigenen Sinn hat, und man i.d.R. auch beides benötigt.

• Studio-Monitore: Nahfeld, bester Sound, wenn man also direkt davor sitzt.
    • Aktiver Monitor: Proberaum & live. (Alternativ In Ear statt Wedge).

That simple. Zum Einstellen der Sounds scheint die Meinung im Forum ebenfalls einhellig: Da für Auftritte in Live-Lautstärke "abgehört" werden sollte, Aktiv-Monitor mit ordentlich Wumms.

Cheers
    (Hätte einiges an Geld gespart, wenn ich das gleich hätte wahrhaben wollen :) )

Sry guys for taking so long to get back on this.

To be honest, I feel a bit caught between two stools here since of course I can not tell if the other guys' issues are the same as mine. And I do not want K-Team to be overrun because of what I write here. Nevertheless everyone here has been very helpful, so I feel like I want to tell you what was arranged.

First things first:
    K-Team was very quick and helpful. All conversation was polite as expected. After quite a few mails, I was asked to send the KPA in to be checked because of my soundfiles So I did.

Result:
    They could not recreate the issue. In other words, my unit obviously worked fine when they were testing it. But since I told them, that the issue comes and goes, they were kind enough to exchange the procesor.

Now here is a point:
    If you feel like having similar issues, go the official way via support ticket, send in files and they will recreate your unit within one of theirs. I think that my case led into a general test, if some of us are right or not when they claim these issues - if that makes sense. Remember that CK stated, that what some of us think of as an issue is just how a tube amp sounds. Might be.

Now, was the problem solved?
    Honestly I can't tell. Maybe for psychological reasons - now that I have been assured that my unit is fine - I feel like it's better. That being said, there definitely is some sort of noise that I can not put in place, espcially on the lower range of the g string. Again - I do not say that this is not normal. Some of you heard the issue, some didn't. Go figure.

Final verdict
    I've recently joined a band where the other guy plays a KPA, too. So I will be able to test side by side very soon. I'll keep you informed.
    So, this is more of an update to this post and I hope I'm being fair to both sides.

Cheers everyone.

Ps: I took the files down. If you want to have them for comparison, feel free to pm me.

Are you comparing the same profiles? Seems to me (and others) that one has to find the profiles that work for him/her. Many highly acclaimed profiles do not work for me though they sound great when others use them. One that works for most here (me included) is the Morgan AC 20 (by rmpacheco) you can find on Rig Exchange. There are videos where this rig is being presented so you can do a side by side comparison.

Cheers

V2.1.40.13331
    Trying out the delay rigs in RM, from one sec to another I cannot change rigs anymore. KPA stays with the last rig recalled from that folder in RM. Thought is was when copying them to another folder first, but happened three times when just loading rigs. Restarting RM helped for a few rig changes then it would happen again.

@admin: If this is a known issue feel free to delete.

Cheers