Posts by acroberts

Hi Y'all, I might be interested in selling my Kemper PowerHead with Remote, also interested in selling 2 Yamaha DXR10 Speakers with bags and trying to figure out what a good price would be? Everything is mint condition and has never left my studio. Can anyone Chime in and give me an idea what I should ask for it? I'm thinking around $3000.00 for everything plus shipping. I'd appreciate any input. Thanks, Bob

Have you sold this stuff? If not, what general area are you located? Might be interested in the DXR10s, depending on where you live

FWIW, Kemper's response to editor requests has and, seemingly, shall ever be:

[Blocked Image: https://imgur.com/99FYeAw.jpg]

Alternatively, when asked about an iOS editor over in Fractal-land (in addition to the existing PC/Mac editor) for their new Axe-III product, the company founder / owner / visionary responded:
    [Blocked Image: https://imgur.com/t5jVNwb.jpg]

TD;DR - be patient. Your request may or may not ever be delivered, and certainly won't be addressed before it's out of the oven.

Just sold a JTV-59 - nice axe, but I didn't use it as planned (banjo, acoustic, altered tunings) after the novelty wore off. Also felt it was very heavy and I never fully trusted the battery system. Might have felt differently if I had connected through a Line 6 Floorboard that provided power. I do believe there is standalone power unit or something from Line 6 that can provide power without needing a full floor board.

Exactly. The profiler's raison d'etre was originally to profile amps. People are trying to steer this purpose towards one of a glorified modeler for live use and they get impatient in the process, requesting better effects, an editor, a floorboard version and all sorts or things that the KPA never signed up to be or even provide in the first place. Seems like some of you got the wrong product. ?(

I would have agreed to your argument until the Remote and expanded effects selections were offered. If the intent was only to ever offer a profiler, then limit the hardware and clearly set the expectations.

Since expectations have not been set and since nothing has been communicated, here we are - a group of consumers who have received really nice incremental upgrades who are asking for more helpful computer-based editor similar to what we see from competing products .

Are you a patch tweaker or a set-it-and-forget-it kind of guy? Meaning that a few amps and a few settings for those - delays, boosts, etc- would make you happy? If so, yes, TONS of options out there and once you've dialed things in, you are good to go.

Sharry above wrote that there is no editor, which can be a big deal if you've used, or plan on using, a computer to dial in patches.

In other words, if you want to tweak, for instance, a delay setting, there are 5 screens to toggle between, and 4 knobs to turn options within each page. If you are using a preset and want to change the amp that you are using, you will need to hit a button and turn a knob to change your amp preference.

None of this is uber difficult, but if you are a tweaker who likes a computer editor, you need to be aware of this limitation. I was not, and coming from Line 6 products and the Atomic Amplifire, I was rather bummed out about the lack of an computer-based editor and find myself using a Fractal unit because of this issue.

Despite a few years of rather heated discussion over this missing feature on these boards, Kemper has not officially responded to this request other than a passing comment last year that a software engineer had been hired to work on an editor.

If any of the above is of interest/concern, best recommendation is to watch some YouTube videos on building a patch and also how to build a performance, which is a bundle of patches (intro/verse/chorus/bridge/solo, for instance) for use with a foot controller. If any of the above is incorrect, folks reading can eel free to correct me.

I picked up a JTV59 about a year ago hoping to find something to provide some flexibility in giving me good-to-great electric and acoustic tones, as I'm a utility infielder for a church band (electric lead & rhythm + acoustic).

So far, the experience with the JTV59 has been very underwhelming, and I've only really users it for oddball stuff like a resonator, where the tone is close enough.

My normal guitars are a PRS McCarty, Suhr SSH, Collings OM and Taylor T5. I'm thinking maybe my expectations for the JTV are too high, but if anyone out there is really happy with theirs, I'm open to suggestions :)

Deja thread: Editor pétition.

Congrats boys, we are nearing the 27 page mark, where the last longish "we need an editor" conversation took place. In 2013.

What do we know?
    - We've been told, kinda, maybe, that *an* engineer was hired to work on an editor.
    - There seems to be a divided camp in terms of new reverb algorithms vs. editor. Totally understandable. If I were waving a magic wand, I'd say get the Reverbs nailed down before the editor.
    - Kemper Kamp, as is habit, has remained vague and non-committal (in terms of reverb release) on both sides. Maybe it was the delayed Delays of 2016 that has quashed the promise of features and prediction of release date. Hush-hush from Kemper is part of their culture. This is too bad, as over in Fractal World, communication, releases and fixes are fast a furious. Hell, the captain of the ship over there is known to directly answer questions from the masses. Different strokes.

OK, head back in sand. Hopefully this knob won't wear out...

I still like everyone should ask themselves the important question: "Do I want/need a software editor so bad that I will accept that Kemper stops developing the KPA (no new fx, improved UI, improved midi spec...) for a year or two?

I'll answer. Yes, 100% yes.

I'll also answer another question posed earlier, which was to name specifics.

Kemper has done a wonderful job with recent OS upgrades. Morphing is pretty cool and the new delays are beautiful. I have tons more amps at my personal disposal for the Kemper than I would have for any other option. I don't need much in terms of drives. The new delays are awesome. The reverbs are fine. Outside of better reverbs and drives, I'd pretty pretty satisfied for a long time in terms of in-the-box capabilities.

Here's the deal, for me, anyhow. I have had a Kemper & Kemper Foot Controller for a year, and an AX8 for 6 months or so. The AX8 naturally stole attention as the new, shiny thing. After the shininess wore off, I've stuck with the AX8.

The difference? Editor.

I work at a desk with a computer, and with a guitar strapped on, and using a keyboard and mouse is easier than twisting knobs and mashing buttons. It just is. For me, anyhow.

I am also weary of any component that wears out. I'm convinced that long term, after a few years of knob twisting, I will need to replace Kemper components. Feel free to enlighten me if I should not be concerned about this.

If you are going to tell me to stop bitching about twisting knobs and just play, that's not an answer. I happen to like digging into options and creating patches and my weekly set list many times includes 2-3 new songs. Creating new stuff is a part of what this technology is all about.

Maybe I'd twist less knobs and push less buttons if I spent more time with the Kemper to memorize where everything is.

That all said, to get what I need done, the lack of an editor is the reason I use my Fractal gear over my Kemper gear, and I believe an editor would draw me back to the Kemper.

Not even that. Just a "Remote Control" for the Kemper would be fine. I don't need the Rig Manager Part integrated (but i'd take it). I'd just like to be able to adjust amp settings, add effects and edit their settings and and maybe some of the system settings. I just hate that i have to use the small display and nested menus for testing all the new and shiny delays we got with 5.0...

+1 - right on the nose. I have the desire to navigate anywhere on the Kemper menu via something else than mashing buttons and turning knobs. And, I have 46-year-old eyes that would prefer a computer screen over the built-in display. We are all assuming the Kemper will continue to evolve and advance, and with that comes more options and menus, which will only fuel the requests for an editor.

As for modifying patches not stored on the physical Kemper. To my knowledge, you must be connected to a Helix or Fractal device to get anything done. I don't think anyone is implying this as part of the request here. It's a matter of modifying the active patch that is being used on the KPA at the time of editing would accomplish the task.

I hear some some boosted high headroom high wattage fenderesque amp with firm lows and tight attack.

Had a quick go with some twin from RE. Added some boosting and tightening the lows with a treble booster in front. First part is having compressor as booster in front and second part is using some amp block compression instead.

Moderator Notice:

In most cases, Soundcloud uses a bandwidth of only 128 kbps. As a result, what you hear isn't free of artefacts, especially the high end. For critical listening and also product comparison, please keep that in mind. Users who setup a comparison should use linear wave files and supply dropbox links.

Sounds great! :)

Care to share the setting you used above?