Posts by acroberts

Before dropping tons of $, I'd buy some used gear to see if this is something you actually "want" to use.

My rig is crazy simple and serves the purpose just fine for me at home for scratch recordings that are only heard by me and maybe a very good friend or two who isn't an audiophile. Simple Audio Interface (PreSonus AudioBox) and was using Ableton Live, but will likely head the GarageBand or Logic Route on a MacBook Pro. This stuff and a mic or two and you are in business.

See if you really want to use it.

After a year, you'll know if you want to invest more $, and you'd then have a much better idea of what that rig is missing and what your needs are.

I, for instance, felt Ableton Live was overkill for what I personally needed, so I cut bait and sold it off. Before selling, just knowing I had it but wasn't using it was in a weird way a de-motivator to me...

And here's one going from dimed AC30 to pitched, tremoloed clean :D Just an iPhone recording.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Would you have a pre-4.0 version of the patch you used in the beginning of that, do you?

...or the patch name on RE and some of your amp & effects settings :) ...sorry for asking a lot, but I do love that tone

Maybe a new video with Morphing content will tide folks over.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Or not :P

Is there any English mother-tongue user with some writing skills willing to proof-read it before I post? I'd like to at least avoid the most basic errors, and above all I'd want the text to sound as good English as possible :)

I've had my KPA since last August, but my schedule and temporary living conditions didn't allow for much learning. Spending some serious time with KPA in the next few weeks and I'd be more than willing to be a guinea pig for document usability and/or adding graphics (if that's something that would be useful).

Hi guys - I play in pretty cool and hard driving church band and we've recently begun using IEMs to reduce stage noise, and also rolled out a new digital mixing board (Behringer X32). We are a month in and fighting sound quality issues... Instruments and vocals sound pretty thin, which I know is in part to using ear buds without a full tonal range. Vocalists, especially, are having issues with out-of-whack EQ issues. I've watched a bunch of videos on the X32 and understand the system, but this IEM thing is a whole new realm for all of us and will take some adjustment. If anyone has suggestions, I'm all ears. Thanks!

I know I'd love to get my hands on the profile that he uses on the clip:

External Content youtu.be

From last nights gig. First job with my Kemper. :)

Nice Rig. I have a toaster and considering a travel case like yours, to also house a power conditioner and wireless.

Mind sharing where your case came from?

And did you take care of the foam protection yourself?

EDIT: Just saw the post on the case. Can't find a way to delete this post, so we'll just leave it as a 'cool looking rig!' post :)

Perfect - thanks so much!

I'm typically a "read the manual" kind of guy, but this kind of tip - and maybe some others in the online FAQ section (managing favorites, etc) - would be a *huge* help for beginners to watch if someone were to video them.

Hi guys - I'm planning on using my new KPA rig live, but have one question that I couldn't find in the manual - can I easily adjust my monitor level from the front of my KPA without affecting my FOH levels?

will be using a DXR10 to self-monitor the KPA, but in using an Amplifire live right now, I am constantly leaning over my monitor wedge to adjust volume due to pretty big volume fluctuations with our band (different drummers, setting, etc)

If not easy to do, I will be using a rack for a power conditioner and would consider some sort of rack mounted volume/EQ solution within arms reach rather than constantly fussing with volume at the speaker.

Thoughts? Thanks!

I haven't had a ton of spare time to play with my relatively new toaster, but I sat down this past week with headphones on and, man, what an awesome rig.

When I'm in my 'kid in a candy store' mode trying out different fx, amps is when I really would take advantage of an editor. Maybe it's my crochety 46-year-old ass not wanting to look at a small screen and mashing buttons for hours on end...

Maybe a dumb question, but could there be a technical reason why an editor would be difficult to build? Seriously not trying to be snarky here, just asking...

Simple interface, but get it's job done - do you need anything fancy?

[Blocked Image: http://s8.postimg.org/ld0itpxth/ampli1.jpg]

Along with the Kemper, I have an Amplifire, and their application, while not the sexiest thing in the world, is very capable and easy to use.

Maybe it's just me waiting for things to break, but as I work through settings, effects, etc on the Kemper, I wonder how much longer the rotaries and buttons would last if I had an PC or Mac-based editor to use while building patches.

And while building the wish list, how about a firmware modification to accept a "Kemper-approved" USB bluetooth receiver and build an app for Android/iOS? Now that would be tasty.

Gotta say, the lack of an editor at this point in the KPA's lifecycle is a little ridiculous. The Atomic guys manage to make it happen, I think on day one, with Amplifire - a $600 product...