Posts by Fernando

yes dry signal is possible! you can set dummy stomp and effects on the l6 to match those on the kemper so you can get the lights to show up on the l6 just set the looper in its "PRE" position, if not it will use the effects on the l6 if set to "post".

yes bidirectional is possible in "perform" but not in "browser" and it will give you the patch name. be aware if you will use all 5 slots though! since the l6 works by having separate banks of 4 channels (16 banks of 4 channels hence you only have 64 options), set each song to have 4 slots in "perform." there are two workarounds however to utilize all 5 slots in "perform":

1) if your guitar tech goes to the 5th slot, it will change the bank by banking up (or banking down depending on how you assign it) on the l6 which may be an issue since you need to bank down (or up) again to select a different slot. but then again this may not be an issue if your tech is doing all the work!

2) set a switch on the l6 to select the 5th slot in each song. this works but you will have one less switch to turn on/off stomps/effects.

I am currently using a Line 6 hd500 as a Midi Controller and it works fantastic, i even throw it in the 8 rack skb case that holds my kemper. anyways it does these basic functions:
    1) tuner (both on the kemper and the l6 lcd screen)
    2) looper (through l6 exclusively)
    3) turn all my stomps and effects on and off
    4) change between 64 patches

and it comes with aux in so you can conenct your ipod or whatever too. anyways its pretty good, it has one foot pedal but by clicking it you can control two things. so volume, click then i can control wah. and you can assign the cc number to anything you want. the hd 'edit' software is annoying but it does work. by looper exclusive i mean i cant get the looper on the kemper to work (might be my fault) but the l6 has a 48 sec looper, thats 18 more sec than the kemper plus you can do 1/2 time, reverse, undo etc. im connecting it with the guitar in to L(unbalanced) out for the tuner (the l6 tuner) and looper functions and of course the midi out to the kemper in to control my stomps and effects. you program the l6 so your signal isnt colored by the l6's effects and just sends a dry signal to the kemper (which is how you get the lights to work on the l6 switches, you can even set the same stomp name on the l6 like delay, reverb, eq, distortion so you will know what you are turning off and on). anyways since im just using it as a controller, looper and tuner i do not need the hd 500x. oh and did i mention the tap tempo! anyways it has some other neat features so i would really recommend it. the lcd screen is easily readable too.