Posts by RobertBuhl

Some of the issues with the reverb module has been fixed in this lates update, but not all: it's now possible to switch the module on/off with a short press (which was a bug before that you couldn't) - just not when you have that module selected (after a long press)! All other slots/modules you can be switched on/off no matter if they're selected or not.

I often get to the point, where I really could use more effect slots (and sometimes as well more slots in the stomp section). Three different effects and then reverb simply isn't always enough.

It would therefore be great, if more slots were added.

Of course the KPA itself has only as many buttons as it has, and therefore I imagined a potential way of doing it to be: when in the "effect module" (after having held down the "effects" button) where you can see the four effect slots, use the "< page >" buttons to go to a next page, where four more effect slots are available. These would then be slot 5-8 in the effects chain.

Hope to see something like this in some future update!

In some previous update the build-in delays were "freed" from the "delay" module and can now be assigned anywhere. I would love that to be the case with the "reverb" module as well.

For example: since the addition of new amazing delays, one would often just like to be able to add another delay in the "effects" stereo section - instead of reverb.

Reverb is the only effect, which is still locked to a specific module.

I would love to be able to use the "monitor output" on the back as a second "send" for a stereo fx-loop.

It would create an extraordinary amount of combination possibilities between the build-in effects and one's outboard effect machines.

For example: I have an Eventide H9 and an old QuadraVerb effect rack (which both have nice reverbs) in my fx-loop. But I never want to place the "Loop Stereo" module after the new (great!) stereo delays, since they're then transformed into mono. That's a shame. It's of course the same with all the fine stereo effects in the Kemper - I have no possibility of keeping them in stereo if a want them before the "Stereo Loop".

Have searched the forums but haven't found anyone with a similar question:

In March I created a backup and I successfully renamed the backup file .tar and thereby entered the 'Performances' folder within the backup file and imported them into Rig Manager.

Today I created a new backup file, which I un-zipped the same way on my computer to enter the 'Performance' folder in order to load the now completely different performances into Rig Manager, but - and here's the problem - this newest backup file contains in the 'Performance' folder ONLY the old performances from back in March. (Even though the backup file is named with todays date, the .kipf files (the performance files) is those from March.)

The strangest thing is in a way not that the backup file doesn't contain the new performances, but that it instead contains these old ones, since they aren't even on the kemper anymore? And why on earth are they then present in the recent backup file (most of them I changed and overwrote directly on the Kemper)?

I should note that the problem is NOT that the performances aren't backed up. When I restore the backup on another Kemper they are all there. It is just that I cannot see them in the folder when I unpack the backup file (but instead I see older performances files). And therefor cannot import them in to Rig Manager

Best

Sorry for the late response! I had kinda forgot that I made this post.

Anyhow. I figured out, that it was me, that was a Kemper-noob. The 'Noise Gate' was turned up in Performance mode, wherefore the natural noise was "hidden" before i started playing, and therefore sounded like distortion that was added. Also with the 'Noise Gate' turned way up, it (of course) cut off notes played soft and gently, which sounded like a digital problem.

Again: sorry for leaving you hanging, and thanks for the replies. :)

I bought a KPA about a week ago. Immediately I downloaded the latest firmware update.

I had a hard time finding a rig with a real clean sound. Every (clean) rig distorted a bit. I first thought it was my telecaster, since it didn't make sense that none of the supposed clean sounds were not actually clean, tried another guitar, which didn't solve my problem. I read some different posts and threads, and found out that others had experienced the same issue: the (my) KPA distorts the signal digitally in some way, i think, but then i noticed, that it's only in Performance mode. The exact same rig with the exact same settings on the exact same guitar has a nice and clean! sound in browse mode, but makes this weird buzzing when loaded in Performance mode.

It's quite frustrating since it's so obviously some software problem, some bug that appears when in Performance mode.

What to do? Anyone who has noticed this (and maybe know how to fix it)?