Posts by tryhardhack

Not even in the same ballpark... no chunk at all

Shneides is right, Not even close! I respect Andys work but this one was not good. I did have some success changing the cab to one of Mbritts cabs (can't remember which one and I'm not at home to check) and got wayyyy closer, but when I came back to it later it wasn't as close as I thought, however it was still a great "new" profile and have been using it live ever since.I have played and heard in the flesh a BE100, an SS-100, Dirty Shirley. All great amps, but change a cab/speaker and all of a sudden one mans delight is another mans dread, and then when you use different mics & indeed micing techniques and there are so many different tones you can get that are all subjective.

Still the SS-100 is a special amp to my ears and that Steve Stevens clips is "my" holy grail tone. Can someone profile Steve Stevens hands and musical knowledge, I'll pay big money :thumbup:

Hi Guys, I am also an Mbritt only profile user, and have been happy with the tones I'm getting live from Pack 1,2,3. His new packs that I have purchased (800, and Heavy) sound brilliant at bedroom volume (and I know all about the bedroom tone syndrome!!). When I compare the older packs to the newer ones, the newer ones are brighter, punchier, etc.and I don't have the ability to test them out (no one rehearses in cover bands in my neck of the woods) Has anyone used the newer profiles live and how do they compare in the mix and out FOH to his older profiles? BTW Michael (and all the others doing good profiles for us Kemperites), you have made my life as a musician so much better than it ever has been. Cheers

Cheers man, your a classy dude! I was just so stressed yesterday I didn't want to go back to 3.0 as I'd done some awesome tweaking and was ready to add MBritt pack 3 rigs into show last night & then bang! I was even checking if anyone had responded at 4am when I got home from gig! ha ha

Sorry, I'm new at this. Plus it sounded like a couple other guys had written about similar issues on this thread. How do I bump?

P.S I thought this may also help other people who haven't realized this is even problem yet. Cheers

Sorry for Hijacking the "Pure Cab" thread but I posted the following issue in the appropriate section but no response. Can someone please help the with the following issue?

Hi all. When I switch banks in Performance Mode with my Midi controller, and select a new patch it automatically loads in the "amp" from previous rig (not the cab or name, all that is the same, just imports the "amp" section). I haven't changed anything in Midi settings as far as I'm aware, not sure if I've accidentally locked something. If I use the soft button to scroll up & down performances it works fine, but as soon as I use midi controller it loads in previous "AMP".

Just a side note, I reinstalled previous OS & it all works fine but as stated by others I have now lost all amendments made in 3.1.2 :(

Hi all, please help quick. When I switch banks in Performance Mode with my Midi controller, and select a new patch it automatically loads in the "amp" from previous rig (not the cab or name, all that is the same, just imports the "amp" section). I haven't changed anything in Midi settings as far as I'm aware, not sure if I've accidentally locked something. If I use the soft button to scroll up & down performances it works fine, but as soon as I use midi controller it loads in previous "AMP". I have a gig in a few hours and not sure whether to go back to previous OS or if I'm doing something stupid. HELP KEMPER DUDES!

I have just encountered an issue since updating to 3.1.1. When in performance mode, and I hit the copy button an a rig, and then paste it in another slot the paste button remanes lit. Even after I have saved the Performance, the "paste" button is still lit. I cannot copy another rig, I have to shut profiler down, then when I start it up again, the paste button is back to normal. Apologies if I am doing something totally stupid but I cannot seem to find anything about it on the forum. Hope someone can help

Hi All, I am having the exact same problem except I cannot find the file everyone is talking about RigExchange.db
    Anyone able to point me in the right direction. If you uninstall RM & reinstall does it delete all your files?

Do you like it equally when recording and actually amplified?

I've found (and I'm sorry if this has been mentioned in the previous 59 pages :) and this is of course completely FWIW/YMMV) that with my setup mbritt's profiles work much better amplified and loud and Andy/Jimi much better recorded...

I don't record, purely live player. This would make sense as I find for live use I'm either using Mikes or tweaking others to to get the volume & EQ's to get close to Mr. Britts. I have the TAF ones, and I'm not giving up on them,I just need to find the time to tweak, but I have found some great profiles & just trying to enjoy playing for awhile as I have been auditioning profiles/and or tweaking for weeks now.
    I am going to get the BE & 1987x from Taf soon, as I hear good things about them & I tend to like the mic's used on those rather than the SS profiles. First I gotta get my hands on Pack 2!!
    In fairness to all commercial profilers, it's horses for courses & people are finding different experiences with all of them, which I think is great

I got Pack 1 about 2 weeks ago and I immediately replaced other profiles for my live tones. Using the 3P Klon & Matchbox so far. Trying to decide between Pack 2 & 3 or Modern atm, I play a large variety of covers but I lean towards making them always a little heavier than the originals. Michael please get your hands on a Friedman Steve Stevens and profile soon! :)

Can anyone please advise (perhaps even Till), I can't get Tills free cabs. When you fill out the form at checkout, it requires a birthdate but it doesn't tell you the format? I've tried all the standard ones, dd/mm/yy & dd/mm/yyyy, and others but no dice. Not sure if it's my version of windows(7 professional), but I can't even find the "contact" info on his website ?? ?(

Hi guys, thanks for making me feel so welcome! I've been on these forums watching from afar for some time now & must say awesome bunch of guys! I'll try & address each question.
    1. Zappledan, the music we play is pop from 80's to current, sprinkled with rock from same period. The tone I'm trying to get is a big variety but probably want to get it down to 10 patches. I like what Justin Derrico does with Pink, he rocks when required but covers all the other stuff really well. I probably go a bit heavier than him because I'm still an 80's headbanger at heart :D
    2. Zapman, I have been reading all the posts regarding the Fizzy phenomena here (and elsewhere). It's probably me with the Munson-fletcher thingy, because when I'm at home playing through the said amp, it sounds ok but when I go to say, an mbritt profile, then go back it really stands out!
    3. londonjeepster, yes I know I should be,but my current band & venues I play kind of don't allow. No rehearsing these days in cover bands it seems to be a dirty word. And the venues give you a 20 second line check & that's it. Rest of the night I'm using IEM. Plus the dreaded tinnitus stops me from standing in front of my amp at stage volume for too long :( .
    4. Eltze the only thing I have for recording believe it or not is an iPhone! Lol. And that will not do it justice.There have been other posts regarding this particular profile (& some others) & the fizzy thingy so I know it's not just me.
    i know I'm being stubborn because there are so many profiles, but I have played through the real amp, and it's just that fat jmp/with modern slant & I gassed for this amp for a long time before pulling the trigger on the Kemper. It "Has" to work lol!!!!

Do you guys recommend changing the cab on a profile when it has been profiled that way (with amp & cab already)& not the newer "merged" profiles? Has anyone had success creating a great/usable profile changing the Cab of a pre-existing complete profile? I think what it is , is the mic used in that profile. You know for example when someone profiles an amp at one setting with 4 different mic's, I usually only like 1 of the 4, the others always sound, crap/fizzy/muffled etc. it might be my ears & taste but hey, it's only me I'm trying to please right now! Cheers