Posts by zabukowski

nwmusic32

A Profiler can store 1000 rigs (or 50 in a player). Why would you have to carry a laptop to a gig when you can store everything you need in the device?

When I'm in the studio, I rely on Rig Manager for a better overview when searching, trying and selecting profiles during recording sessions. Currently, I use a notebook with my complete local library for this purpose. Having this exact convenience with a mobile device would be a significant leap forward, at least for me. I don't see any good reason not to have this feature on mobile devices, except for potential technical limitations.

Of course, gigs are not a problem for me—I don't need to bring my local library with me:)

zabukowski

When did you contact them?

I sent a message on FB Messenger on Friday. Soon after that, I sent a question using the form on the Kemper webpage (which must have been on Saturday, although I don't remember the exact day and time because I never received any email confirmation).

A few months ago, I experienced the same situation. I sent a message via the web form about having issues with the webpage (specifically, I can't access my orders, and a login dialog is displayed instead), but I never got confirmation, and the question was never answered.

I'm not sure what's going on. Thanks for checking it.

HELL-G

Does anyone know what the current delivery time is (EU) for a Player purchased in the Kemper Shop? Can't get any info about it from Kemper, either through Facebook or the support form on their webpage.

Thanks!

Does anyone know if there's a particular reason why the mobile Rig Manager can't function as a librarian like the standard Rig Manager? As I understand, it can only edit and save the currently loaded preset in the connected profiler. Maybe there are technical limitations with mobile devices related to storing profiles locally?

Thx!

I imagine that it has come down to simple economics. The player already has a lot of the efx and features of its bigger brothers but at half the price. I'd say it's even pushing it to the point that it could interfere in the value of the others but that's my opinion. The unit may be able to process all the efx in the profilers but to give them away for half the price makes no business sense hence updated efx may have an after market cost associated with them. That makes the most sense since not everyone who purchases the player will need all these efx because, as the player was intended for pedal boards, those that purchase most likely have their own efx chains from preference already and don't need to purchase anything extra. But the option may be there for those that do later down the road.

Well said!

Stage and Rack pro owner-user here. I'm getting Player ASAP and can't wait for Kemper to offer paid upgrades (8 fx slots and morphing for me, please). I'm sure they'll be worth every euro.

Discounted Player upgrades for existing Stage/Rack/Toaster owners would make things even more awesome :)

In the last year, we experienced the same issue few times on both Stage Kemper-s in the band. Luckily boot time is pretty fast so it's not a show stopper. My Stage has OS 8.6 installed, not sure for the other unit. We didn't find it enough critical to investigate further. Will update to OS 9 soon, i hope issue is fixed ...

I have passive Kemper rack (2015), updated to the latest OS9. Running the latest Rig Manager/USB audio mode (connected to USB A port) on Mac Mini M1 and macOS Ventura (13.4).

It's working pretty good, except that communication is disconnected after profiler is not used for some time or machine goes to sleep. Simple re-connect of USB cable establishes connection again. So far i didn't experience any connection issues while recording.

It's worth to mention that i had similar USB issue while updating profiler to the latest OS9. I repeated procedure and the 2nd time update was successful.

Not a big thing, but still kind of annoying. Anyone with similar issues? Any ideas or suggestions?

Now I connected profiler to USB2 hub (connected to USB A port) to see if there will be any difference. Will keep you updated.

EDIT: issue still present when using hub!

Thx!

When I disable Monitor Cab Off, the tone over the Kemper Kabinet sounds horrible (as it should), while the recorded tone does not change.

It shouldn't sound horrible ... with "Monitor Cab Off," disabled, Kabinet is acting as FRFR which is being fed with the same signal (including profiled cabinet) as the main recording outputs. So in this scenario, sound from Kabinet and recorded signal should sound very similar at least.

Hi,

I have a problem with my Godin A6 Ultra acoustic, using piezzo pickup. When connected to the main input, there is no signal detected. It's working normal when connected to alternative input. I own 2 profilers, rack and stage. Problem is exactly the same on both units. Input LED is completely dead.

Strange thing is, that the last time i was using this guitar on rehearsals (cca. 1 month ago), it was connected to the main input and it worked just fine. I dunno what happened since then. Guitar was inspected today by trusted guitar service and looks everything is ok with it.

Any ideas, what could be the reason for Kemper ignoring input signal on main input? I've checked Godin's output level and it seems pretty similar as with my other guitars (which are working fine with all inputs). Of course, i've also tried several guitar cables ... no difference.

Thx for your help!
    Franci

I noticed this already with 8.0.5.23861. Boot up time has substantially increased - it takes cca. 1 minute (256 rigs, 23 performances).

Will install the latest 8.0.6 and report.

Edit:

Just installed 8.0.6.24597. Boot time seems a bit faster ... cca. 50 seconds.

~/ Users / <yourName> / Library / Application Support / Kemper Amps / RigManager/ ...

BUT!! They are not in standard file formats, but database files RM reads .... No luck moving presets/profiles, but I found I can ADD or RENAME folders and changes appear after restarting RM.

I guess it's a typo, but nevertheless ... you specified a complete path, so you don't need tilde (~).

When using tilde, path is: ~/Library/Application Support/Kemper Amps/RigManager/ ...

Rig Manager is using SQLITE database for storing profiles.

SQLITE max database size is 281 terabytes, so i guess "Everything" and "Everything else" users (me included) are covered, hahaha.