Posts by Stefan_01

Hi Renaud, thank you for the reply. I've got the coil splits on my Les Paul but don't like it very much. A eq slot setting has my preference, I got lot's of commercial profiles that I think are working much better with single coils than with my humbuckers I hope that a slot eq setting will get these profiles work with my humbuckers more. Changing definition and clarity parameters is also an option but first I want to change the signal at the front before the signal hit the amp to remain the original amp settings. Thanks for your offer, I'll let you know. Best regards, Stefan.

Hi all, hope you can help me with this one. Is there a specific eq slot setting to transform a Gibson humbucker sound into a Fender single coil sound? I`m playing mainly Gibson guitars (Les Paul std and ES339) but also like to have acces to clean to light overdriven Fender sounds. I already got a Fender telecaster but can`t bond with the feel of the neck and when I gig I prefer to play with one guitar. Thanks!

Tube Thomas 5161 profiles and a Les Paul bridge pickup is a perfect match. Covers the whole spectrum from clean to high gain. From now on these profiles are going to be my main profiles. Thanks Guido!

Update. However the Sony delivers the quality to get the job done I still had the urge to compare this system with a Line 6 relay G75. So I ordered a G75 also. I think both systems operate at the same level. Soundwise you can`t go wrong with both. The Line 6 has some more functions and channels to use and specs are in its favour. Because of this I decided to go with the Line 6. If this is the right descision, time will tell.

Off topic, I`m recently playing at home with a LD-systems Maui 5 speaker configuration. This systems sounds really good, the sound is wide projected in the room and I think this really improved the sound experience and enjoyment I have compared to my monitor system I was using before. If you`re in search for a sound sytem definitely something to check out.

Time to play now, cheers...

Update, I've bought the Sony DWZ B50GB wireless guitar system and my first impression is really good. In both modes I don't feel/hear any latency (6ms and 3ms modes). And also really important the sound is really good and and there is no hiss or other interference noticed. This is when I checked it at home. Next test will be in a band setting.

Thanks guys for the reply. At this moment I`m looking for 2 options. The first is a Sony DWZ B50 GB (3ms latency) and the second a Line 6 Relay G75 (1.5ms latency) but I`m reading a couple reviews where users have problems with the (G70/G75) units. The G30 and G50 you are using have 2.9ms latency specs so I think I going to try the Sony first. We are using a Mackie dr32l mixing console and my IEM system is a DB technologies Eme-one.

Hi all, maybe this is already covered in another tread. But perhaps this is a usefull procedure to get a good working profile fast. The profiles I tweak are for live use and for me this procedure work but it won`t say it will work for everybody. Ok let`s go. First search the sound/profile you`re after. Second and this is very important tweak the profile while rehearsing in a band setting, if possible of course. If you do this you know the sound will cut true. Before I`ve spent countless hours tweaking to know the profile won`t cut true or is sounding thin in a band setting, not very nice. If you tweak them while rehearsing and the profiles work for you then in the end you`ve got some blue prints for use with new profiles. When you want to use a new profile, first tweak the new profile`s with good in-ears, this way you can here the difference in frequence response between the original profile and the blueprint profile. Tweak the frequenties so they are equel to the blue print profile. I’ll use the headphone out from Kemper but also use the headphone out of a mixer. When this is done the new profiles frequencies will sound very alike to the blueprint profile but in a good way and they will cut true. The last thing to do is making minor tweaks on a PA monitor (loud volume) and that`s it. With this procedure tweaking will be less time consuming. So more time to play. Cheers!