Posts by karlic

Tune as you play. If you are a hard hitter, well tune the guitar hitting the strings harder. When done, compare playing and check with the tuner. I read this tips with bass from an interview with Andy Sneap. Tune the bass and compare with a guitar DI track and tune until the bass is in tune with the guitar DI and then you're ready to hit the record button. Oh, forgot, play clean bass when comparing of course.

Great ideas, but many of the albums I mix have already been recorded and low tension strings always suffer with tuning.

I understand the principle of sweetened tuning and agree it sounds better. It has always been good to adjusted by ear after being 100% on an electric tuner before I heard about the idea.

You can using a sweetened tuning with an Evertune and then it stays there, which is what I was talking about.

The one thing I never liked on the Kemper is the tuner and simply stuck to either a rack tuner or clip on sometimes.

Tnx man. Basically, 57 is a standard and for a good reason. Little bit of high cut around 7 or 6 khz and you have mix ready tone. I used to use m160 and 421 but lately 57 is my go to for profiling.

Also, Boogie Recto and Marshall 1960 boxes are imho the boxes that work best for all applications, from edge of breakup to super high gain monster tones.

Tnx again for the kind words!

Isn't 6k where the SM57 presence peak is located? I found that the PR20 is good in those situations with less emphasis and fizz.

Having said that, I loved your MkIV profiles.

I'm not sure that the Kemper amp ever set out to be a modeller in this way. The point was to take a snapshot of an amp with its eq setting, which makes the profile and this is a strength. You simply end up playing more often instead of programming the unit.

The eq currently is predictable and very useful to tailor a sound that needs attenuating, almost like an engineer making adjustments on a console. If the sound is not what you want, it is time to make or select a new profile. It would be a different product and be joining the pack with more modelling options from where I see it.

Interesting video. I am constantly using Melodyne to tune 5 string bass players low string and they could do with observing this method.

Many guitar players that are down tuning already play slightly flat on the low string by ear. I guess hitting the string harder when tuning up would also help counteract the problem?

I would try every free pack and rig exchange before you start to buy anything. A good profile for one player will seem like a fizzy mess to another.

I haven’t had much direct contact with support but several of the mods on the forum are actually Kemper support team anyway.

However, I had an issue recently which I thought was a software bug. I sent the back up to support and Burkhard answered it. My experience was that he was very helpful and professional. I have always found him to be very helpful in the forums too.

Obviously my support experience is very limited so far but I would definitely have no qualms about contacting them again.

I recently had an exchange with Burkhard on an intermittent issue and he answered immediately on a Sunday. The follow up went well beyond what I would expect and couldn't be more helpful.

Interesting! What is that?

I had a look and it is a physical usb shaped piece of metal with a key to release it. You could protect someone taking your rigs, but not tampering with the Kemper controls I guess.

My best solution is remove your Kemper if it is a long break before your performance, or put the front rack case on if you have that unit.

Having used the LD mei1000 at first, I can confirm that the odd interference is the difference between that and the systems above. The LD is brilliant for the money, but sometimes I would just get a crackle or whoosh across the in ears. My singer still has one and puts up with it for now.