Posts by karlic

I'd prefer that they just get the version that currently exists out there, or it could never surface with the amount of individual requests. Surely we could all pick up update ideas more easily then.

I must check this. But there are imho two things to note: It's annoying if you want to prelisten an old profile and always have to load another reverb preset first (apart from the possibilty that you maybe would like the preloaded reverb [if it would be loaded as it was intended] and like to keep it). Second thing is that a new reverb preset alters the original profile which makes it hard to judge.

This was assuming you had a favourite reverb sound saved for general use.

I saw an interesting video once on EQ for dual guitar bands where he talked about boosting a frequency or two for one guitarist and cutting the exact same frequencies for the other.

The boost / cut amount wasn't huge and obviously something done at FOH or in the studio final mix, but the idea was to give each guitar some personal space in the frequency spectrum so that they could be heard instead of just stomping on each other and muddying up the same set of frequencies.

This is exactly what the Kemper Stereo Widener effect does in the eq section. You have to use it sparingly, or it loads the sound to one side because the mid range will be more noticeable.

There was an uproar in the 80s when samplers first became available because it would put musicians out of work. In the end it became a new and inventive tool for artists and you have to accept any industry will evolve whatever you personally want.

Update: so got the Westone AM pro 300's. I can tell you that they sound superior by far to the Shure SE215 ear buds that came with my Shure PSM 300. The midrange is probably the biggest thing. They actually HAVE midrange! The SE215's dont sound "bad" per se....but if you dont have something else to compare them to you would have no idea how much better the Westones sound. I cant really get a read on the ambient portion yet as we dont have a gig until the end of March.

My plan is to have my monitor send from FOH plugged into the left channel and mix the 2 together. So plugging my Kempers monitor out into the right channel of the Shure and having the Shure set to mono, I was able to get a great tone from the Kemper. Sound in both ears since the Shure is set to mono. To test the Shures ability to do what I'm planning, I ran a speaker output from a mixer into the left input and just played some backing tracks from my phone into the mixer. The Shure mixed the 2 signals very well into a single mono mix. If I need more guitar...I just turn up the unlinked master volume on my Kemper. Of course this all depends on getting a good FOH mix from the sound guy...but I think it'll work.

Now, my question to everyone is: what kind of racks are you running to house your EIM systems? The Shure PSM 300 is rack mountable...but my guitar wireless is a Line 6 G30. ....NOT rackable. I'd like to get this all somehow in a single rack unit and make setup as easy as possible.... Recommendations?

I have both the SE215 and SE315 and it is all to do with voicing. The 215s have presence boost and heavy bass, while the 315s more pronounced in the mid range. You can find the frequency chart here: https://www.innerfidelity.com/…15-se425-and-se535-page-2

Using in ears in mono mode with a full mix can be quite limiting. I would recommend finding some way to give yourself a stereo mix of the band and add you Kemper to that. It is hard to pick things out without some separation in panning if the mix is busy. Initially I used a simple 4 channel mixer, but now my band run our own monitor system through a computer, so no need.

I have a Sennheiser for IEM rack mounted and a G50 velcro to a rack tray. The Line 6 unit even sticks to velcro with just one side applied for the G50.

If you want to use SPDIF for reamping, that is fine. I have never had a problem doing it with 1/4" jack though. It is too easy to forget that you just have to use your ears with so many options though.

If it sounds good, a guitar sound is a relatively narrow band of frequencies and mainly mid range. It won't challenge most decent converters and I just think of the Kemper as a regular amp.

So this would mean: över the top (?)

And then about decreasing gain, Immediately you loose sustain. I tried it with a TAF Mars Plexi Cranked. So that makes it not understandable how one can get the same seamless overdrive at low volume without a compressor or whatever and also with gradually increased volume. I'm beginning to believe that I have the wrong guitar matching with the kemper for this.

With any solo playing I think it is key to find a separate rhythm and lead tone. The lead will need more mids and less presence, while you can probably use a low pass filter to lose the scratchy end. This will tidy up your perceived technique no end:-)

I think ACS stopped this some years ago.

Snugs offer a digital scan, which I am thinking of doing now. Just take sure your impressions are really good, because I had some done a Specsavers that proved to be poor and the sleeves never fitted properly.

I bought the EW300 as an upgrade to an LD systems MEI1000. It feels like a massive upgrade in terms of a stable signal and stereo positioning. Just something rock solid about this transmitter.

I use Shure SE215s or 315s sometimes for in ears. Strangely enough the 215s sound better and you should be aware that in ears are all voiced differently.

I can't speak for the PSM300, but a friend of mine has the PSM200 version and the signal was good. The mono thing is a big limitation though and it will make a full mix almost unusable.

That's why I copied the backup and did not remove it from the old PC. It's on both, works on both. In fact after the adding more profiles to the RM after creating a backup the first time, I repeated the process on the old PC, COPY to thumbdrive, PASTE to the folder created on the new PC when I installed RM on it. For some reason people are reading that I copied the entire RM folder from one PC to the other and that is never what I said!

One more time the BACKUP F-I-L-E from PC 1 was in the naturally generated RM backup folder on PC 2 and then imported. All my profiles I've added for 2 years were there and accessible. If this is not suppose to work, then call it a miracle, because it did work.

Done beating a horse with people that don't read thoroughly. Goosh, just trying to help the OP, not start a thread war.

I am not trying to deny it worked for you, but why test the theory every time there is an update of Rig Manager. It is very easy to use the way described by Kemper.

G String, don't know why you trashed my response. My process worked for me ....FACT. Learn to respect others, even if they don't agree with you.

In the event that my process is not supposed to work, consider idiots luck. Either way I have all my profiles and performances from my old PC on my new PC by copying over the the backup file, not folder.

It does seem a bit heavy handed, but you have to consider it might not work for someone taking your advice. Then they might potentially lose their library, which involves a lot of hours fine tuning many profiles.

I too got lucky with various working methods not prescribed for rig manager, but will now follow the recommended methods. I could not afford to lose the live set!