Posts by karlic

The only problem we encounter with the “silent stage” is sometimes the front row are too far forward to get most of the sound from the PA. I’ve seen some bands getting a liitle bit through side fills to deal with this, even though they are in ears only.

Before you spend a fortune on a new interface, have you tried to contact support at Focusrite? They are one of the best companies out there for this.

I had a 4 year old Safire Pro 40 that is well beyond warranty. They spent an hour remotely looking at the computer and then took it in for repair when it couldn't be solved. Some connection cables were loose after taking it on the road many times, but they made no charge. I'm sure you could solve this.

Tone first is great. But come on... it has the port. Why make people buy another piece of gear? Fractal has had that capability for years now. It's not even a feature in my mind. It's just basic functionality.

My point is that I wouldn't base my decision on a guitar amplifier on the use of a USB port. There are a few simple to implement features I have wanted for some years, but at the same time I need the best tone possible and Kemper delivers that for me.

It is well worth making your voice heard, as the company watch the forum to see what users want. However, Kemper make decisions on the best way to use limited resources and it cannot suit everyones individual needs in the moment they want.

If features like USB are a priority on an amplifier for you, this is probably the wrong device. Kemper have always put tone first from what I have seen.

Think of the unit as more of an amp than a computer and you will be happier. I never had a problem just going straight into my 192 in analogue and guitar sounds are a fairly limited frequency range, so nothing is lost.

Well it wouldn’t be a big deal if I hadn’t found out that for me, the merged rigs sound SO much better into the variety of guitar cabs I already have. I’m not going to spend a bunch on FRFR cabs now too.

For as brilliant as the Kemper is, it’s things like this that leave me scratching my head. Why go to all the trouble to create the merged approach if I can’t find the profiles?

At first I was all for merged when they came out and used a cab on stage while going direct to foh. In the end I gave up and got in ears, while using mostly studio profiles now.

This was a shame that merged profiles came without the possibility to identify them. The opportunity is missed now, because nobody is going through all the profiles and labelling them if it is an option in the future.

You have to remember that this situation is not unique to Kemper. Whatever you provide to front of house, whether it be a tube amp modeller, or profiler, the soundman and system will have an impact.

If you are on a run of dates with the same engineer, speak to him about what eq he is applying most nights to see if your basic tones are good.

Having come from the likes of Marshall JMP-1 and then Rocktron Prophesy, I have been naming my live patches with numbers in the title. So for instance, "01 Clean" or "04 Lead". I have about 60 live rigs with different delay settings etc and this helps keep organised in browser mode.

I think the most effective stereo choruses were one side chorus and the other no effect at all like the JC120.

If like me you are a little more sketchy about modes and scales, it is fairly easy to just skip through the presets while playing the part you want to harmonise and see what works.

I wish I had paid attention in piano lessons like Wherewsthedug:-)

Great work thanks. The preset scales were just major and minor from what I recall. That will suit most users, but a few songs I play fall outside that with the user option being useful.

I thought it was already confirmed by Kemper anyway? Like V8 says, mainly useful when you set up the unit in the first place. Some (particularly those with sight issues) will be quite excited though and we all have different needs.

I only found this feature by accident and it has been very useful. Initially I thought it was limited to 2 scales for the whole unit, but 2 per rig is very flexible. You will probably be able to work it out without the manual anyway.