Posts by karlic

You/he are not taking a chance because you can try it. Its not a cumulative effect or anything like that, it will either suck tone or it won't. A splitter or anything else in the signal chain is just as likely to suck tone as well. I think it is paranoia :)
    Seems so much easier than sorting out loop and splitters...

Of course you are right, but so much of feeling confident and playing well on stage is built of these kind of things. Feeling everything is in place and getting a great tone makes me play considerably better.

You can put all your favourites at the front by renaming them with a "-" at the front of the name. That way you still keep all presets available.

Perhaps I'm just paranoid, but I'm probably not going to run through the Korg.

I'll look for a way to split the signal out of the wireless.

I would agree with you and specifically didn't want to run through my Korg rack tuner. Why take the chance of degrading your core tone?

This is the reason I programmed a silent rig with direct out set to gtr out. The Kemper taps the signal for the tuner and is constantly working, even when the silent rig is selected. As long as you have a way to change rig by hand or midi, it works best for me.

I'm a bit nervous about clicking over to the tuner with the chicken switch in case I go one too far in a gig situation! It would be a minute down while it reboots.

My bass player has taken to a Snark clip-on tuner that seems to work really well with ambient noise around.

If we are looking for negatives, it is only the size when carrying on a flight. For what is actually in my rack it could easily fit into a 2U and the toaster isn't a lot smaller.

I guess this is to do with the layout on the front panel and making editing easier though.

Customers that are never disappointed are the best! I love customers like that, it takes all the pressure off... ;) The topic is 'Kemper 2 Expectations' which should really not interest you, yes? Technology is a fast market that is ever-changing. 6 months old is outdated. New is just a day away. The biggest ever is next week and when it gets here even bigger has a silhouette in the doorway. Usb... Firewire! Thunderbolt!! Thunderbolt 2! ...No... 3!! I just bought a AD/DA converter and it was outdated before the charge hit my credit card! When I bought an ADA preamp in the 80's, we all were sure that was it! Hey, a processor that has 7 effects in one box?! Unheard of! Well, I might as well put away my Musicians Friend catalog, perfection achieved! Wait a minute... What ...is... THIS?!?
    This is the daily life of tech. We are here to have fun, give ideas, and howl at the moon on new things. Anyone camped on Kemper's doorstep rioting? No. So I do not understand these retorts of ultimate loyalty. Did we all threaten to sell?? Run screaming to the exit? No. If someone says 100 times "Editor!" ok, so what. It's all good.

I think we all know that technology moves on quickly thanks. However, I would never have bought the Kemper for over £1,000 if it wasn't something that I was satisfied with.

Of course I am interested in any updates the team make, but the difference is that don't feel a sense of entitlement to them or irritation if they don't go in a particular direction. In fact constant updates from applications like Pro Tools trying to appease new customers have often caused more trouble for me. Steady progress without making the product unreliable is fine for me. I need it to work on a daily basis.

We probably have different expectations from the product, but that is fine.

? Perhaps you missed it. I could either adjust manually or simply adjust where I am at. I like having both options. More is better. The more I use my iPad, the less I find the need to do things manually. Progress. Progress always wins.

I guess we'll both be dependent on what Kemper define as progress. Whatever they decide, I won't be disappointed.

I mean seriously, as I type this I just adjusted my thermostat in my house from this iPad. Did I really need this in a live situation? Could I have just gotten up, went to the hallway and just adjusted it on the screen. Yes I could. But I didn’t. Class dismissed.

Yes, but would you like the heating to be more efficient or be able to control it from a distance? I guess Kemper have limited resources and have so far focussed on features that would contribute to better sound.

For me it would have to be worth more than increased sofa time.