Posts by karlic

It's poor form and just too bad. All of this simply could have been handled via the private conversation feature on the forum. Everyone's good name stays intact that way.

Well said. I don't care for the squabbling on forum and maybe it can be deleted by the posters to close the issue?

You certainly can't argue about Dan's quality of profiles though. I love the Mesa Rev F! Any sign of the merged profiles soon?

Keep up the amazing work and ignore the detractors.

I see this guy uses Kemper with VHT profiles live and it is VHT Pitbull on the album

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I would just do both, but make sure you have a USB thumb drive backup in your guitar case if you are playing live. Also put the OS version you are using in case of emergency.

When the Kemper first arrived, I got bogged down with too many details and worries about purity of profiling. I forgot to treat it like any other amp and focus on whether it sounds good.

It sounds like you are making yourself miserable with all these issues and not enjoying playing guitar anymore. Maybe it would be better to either just go with the Kemper or return it. Every amp setup I ever had took time to feel to settle with.

I have always resisted making a decision on new gear until a few months have passed. I'd give it more time and then sell if you are not happy, but buying and selling will lose you plenty of money.

When recording, it could be an add up of latency from the Kemper, interface and computer that start to show. Personally, my band mates are usually not within 5 ms of each other though.

Being as I am always listening through the analogue outs on the Kemper when creating a sound, I don't see the point of using a limited S/PDIF. Often sessions come in with higher sample rates to the studio and won't work anyway.

If the analogue outputs are what you normally listen to when happy with a sound, there is probably a slight difference in tone when no conversion takes place.

I guess it depends on what market Kemper are coming for. The majority of Pros using the unit for gigging and recording probably got it for tone. Then you need the basics of time based effects, compressions and reverb. The rest is surely occasional use and home guitarist fun. Frankly I am amazed they have the resources to keep upgrading without cost.

The delays are something of a luxury for me and will rarely be used. However, the Kemper already does way more than I had in any other setup and to a very high standard.

Free updates are something I never get with plugins and Pro Tools, so everything is a bonus and I can't thank them enough.

Very kind to offer, but that is the version I have and was after 4.2 to try, which I think was the last os4.

Is it reasonable to ask other forum members for the last version of os4, or is that not allowed?

I'm afraid they tend to give a very low priority to any issue related to controllers other than their own one.My issue is also being ignored.

There is no need to complain because I love the Kemper so much. I also managed to somehow get the same problem with 4.0.6 at a show. It was a semi-open air festival in Switzerland and the power looked dodgy to me. A re-boot sorted it out, so I may try again with os5 if I am feeling brave.

Well, there was no reply from support, but I did manage find a copy of 4.0.6. That turned out to be fortunate if what you say is true.

It got me through the shows and now I can look at adjusting the program changes if I want to go to 5 again.

Does anyone know what the change times are in milliseconds for each version? I never found performance mode to be quicker that browser when sending p/c.

Thanks for the link and I have contacted them. I just though I was missing something on the site, because you can easily find v3.3 OS.

Can anyone direct me to where I can download the last version of OS 4?

Having updated to 5 and everything working fine, I now discovered there is a difference in patch changpe speed. It only became obvious now I have shows and the computer sends midi changes.