Posts by Cederick

Recording two different takes L/R always sounds way better than any "widener" plugin or "sample delay 30ms" approach.

Just doubletrack the guitars, it doesnt take that much time if you can play the part. Practically just 2x the time.

So if you spend 10-15 minutes tracking Left guitar of a 5 minute song, then maybe you would have to spend 20-30 minutes for both tracks.

You probably have time for that. :thumbup:

If you are so good that you dont even make any mistakes and dont have to re-record anything, you can probably play the song in a single take two times so that would take a total of 10 minutes :)

thanks everyone!!!

Brought back fun memories, Ceddy. Awesome sauce mate.8)

A buddy of mine had that same Yamaha unit back in the day, but I preferred my Tascam 244 Porta Studio. I also had the 8-track version for a while and that thing was a beast. Expensive, large and heavy, but for some reason the 244 stays in my heart as my favourite old multitracker.

It was a classic to me and I think it was generally agreed in the end that it sounded the best.

Yep, I also had a 8-track casette recorder for a while, it was very fun :D

But yeah the 244 was a "dream machine" back then for me hahaha. Never got one :)

This Yamaha is ok, but lacks an important feature to make me really wanna use it (I wish it had 1 output for each channel so you could keep working on the tracks in DAW)

Could I be the first on this forum to showcase a song recorded on a 4-track casette porta with KEMPER? =O^^

I digged up my old recording unit just to try it out today, it was fun to be nostalgic, but I dont miss it :)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

In another forum I am participating in a "song week challenge" and its really fun.

I made this song last evening and this video this morning8o^^:saint:<3:wacko:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

If this was possible I would be so happy

Output 1: Entire signal chain with amp, cab FX

Output 2: Amp only, no cab (for using external IRs in the DAW)

Output 3: DI (for full reamping if needed)

At the moment I dont think this is possible? X/?(:rolleyes::wacko::whistling::?:

I always record "1" and "3" , but I sometimes miss the possibility of having uncabbed track if I dont wanna reamp fully but just put a different IR cab quickly.

I have no idea why I would bother with any other locking tuners on the market, when Planet Waves Autotrims exist.

:love:

Hi guys

Check out my comparison of 5 different Paiste rides!

No crashing, no sustain bullshit. Only the necessary stuff: tip surface and bell!

22" Signature Monad

22" Signature Powerslave

20" Alpha Metal Ride

18" Psychoptopus Giga Bell

24" Rude Eclipse Mega Power Ride

No I have not, and right now I dont even have any physical amps to profile anyway, so I cannot do any tests.

But back when I DID have amps I was seldom 100% satisfied with the results. There was always some small differences compared to the real amp no matter how many times I re-profiled and used the "refine" button.

I always had to use very specific post-EQ tweaks to get it closer to the real amp I profiled.

With that I mean like +1 db boosts at very specific frequencies.

And not uncommon in the EQ areas that SQUAREHEAD mentions

Especially the low-mid

I have kind of given up on this whole discussion because of how unwilling people are to really listen and think despite actual evidence proving what we're trying to say.

I wish this discussion could be had without people getting defensive about the Kemper.

All we're doing is trying to spot a problem and solve it.

But fandom can make people cover their ears. X/

However, I'm still prepared to laugh at the "skeptics" once a new Kemper (or even firmware update?) with improved profiling process comes out. ^^

Lobsta No I used EZMix2 for bass :D

Update:

I just uplaoded this cover with M1 version of this amp.8)

Only tweak is that I lowered the gain a bit for extra definition

For this cover the bass is just a 2x bass DI with low/high EQ cut and compression, no ampsims

This is just a Youtube cover ^^ its not a band :) (so neither Blazon Stone or Rocka Rollas/whatever the new name is gonna be)

Still looking for singer (for Blazon Stone mainly)

I was browsing through a bunch of Thumas profiles and stumbled across Mesa tsM M2

This profile is REALLY TIGHT and aggressive and perfect for thrash metal rhyth guitars!!!8)

Me on guitars bass and drums ^^