Posts by Cederick

Normally I wouldn't post a video where I only play drums, but since I also reamped all guitars with my KEMPER I thought it could be appropriate to actually share it in this forum too ^^^^^^^^

Crystal Viper is a polish band I listened to for many years, so it was a great pleasure when they asked me last year to join the band.

We did a couple of small tours, and then corona stopped all 2020 festival and touring plans.

So to pass time, we did this little "lockdown" video!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Fans seems to like the songs, but the production of the original album from 2012 was horrible.

It was released on CD and vinyl but I refused to ever have it available on Bandcamp or Spotify.

So I was thinking... With all my experience since then, I should be able to make this album even better.

And thats what I'm doing right now!

Here's a few solos that I recorded for the "Definitive Edition" 8)8)8)

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Well, you DID write "there's nothing wrong with SC playing"

Yes, it is :D

If it doesn't matter to you, thats OK

But there's definitely something that screws up the sound quality.

When uploading songs to Youtube, I really dont notice any difference enough to notify.

But Soundcloud is horrible (and I just provided technical information WHY its crap above :) )

Sounds good to me bro. There's nothing wrong with Soundcloud's playback. The average listener doesn't dissect what they're hearing like us. They either like the overall sound or they don't.

Your guitar sound is G2G.

Dude, there's ABSOLUTELY something wrong with Soundclouds playback!

Just like the OP says, there's something wrong with top-end in Soundcloud.

It makes the cymbals and everything sizzle around and act weird.

I hate this to the point I almost dont upload anything to Soundcloud anymore.

Just listen to the original file and then Soundcloud = DEFINITELY A DIFFERENCE.

Soundcloud themselves are LIARS and deny they worsen quality to save space.

https://www.nme.com/news/music…ced-sound-quality-2206716

"“Soundcloud recently changed their streaming format from 128kbps MP3 to 64kbps Opus,” he wrote. “This drastically reduces the audio quality and can introduce strange artefacts.”"

And it hasn't been better since then, its years ago!

Soundcloud is crap...

Have you re-recording old material to show their full potential?

One of my first albums I recorded is currently being re-working almost completely.

8 years later I absolutely hate the original sound and performance.

I recorded the original with a Peavey Vypyr 30w combo :love: actually, in my opinion, the guitar tone of the original album is the SMALLEST issue.

The biggest problem is the sloppy drums and just overall bad mix.

I'm so happy to own a Kemper with a bazillion good sounding profiles and I'm still learning how to choose the "right ones".

Maybe I have chosen the right one for the re-recording already?

The profile I'm using in the re-recording so far is a Mesa Mark III profile called Blend M01 by Thumas

Who knows if I will keep this for final mix or reamp later but so far I really dig it 8)8)8)8)

I play drums and bass

Then we have Marcus on vocals, Johannes on keyboard and Fredrik on guitar.

All from PALANTIR 8)

I reamped his guitar DI tracks with my Kemper

I would also really love a 1U rack sized Kemper!

1U rack like the old GSP1101, perfect for stacking several units for playing live and saving lots of space while doing so.

I updated to filmrware 7 something now, haven't updated for a year or two.

BEFORE: When I added profiles to my Kemper via USB stick I always choose "last additions" and there they were.

NOW: Now it seems like it's no different from "all profiles"??

Why is "last additions" showing ALL profiles?

If I choose "last additions" I am interested in only viewing the absolute latest profiles in one little box!

Also: even in "last additions" I still have to sort by date, and somehow the newest are LAST which takes lots of knob turns to get to.

It was much better before

That is true. The new comb does makes things a little better.

Somebody from Evertune actually sent a comb to me for free a while ago, so I recorded A/B tests before and after and yes, a little better sustain. Still not perfect but that's ok.

So... GearJocke ... Seems like you tried to ignore me at first, when I explained why Evertune has less sustain.

Even Evertune themselves confirms exactly what I explained.

The saddles vibrates and therefor steals the strings sustain.

As I said. SIMPLE PHYSICS.

Do you believe me now? :D

Nobody said that the Evertune developers are "dumb".

They have made a FANTASTIC product that I personally love to death and use and enjoy every day!

But I don't pretend it's perfect because while it has some pros (staying in tune) it also has cons (less sustain than regular bridges).

You can critisize things you love. Maybe the next Evertune will have improved sustain over the original design.

I'm gonna be one of the first to try it out.

Why some got little less sustain I don't know. If it because of the installer or something else? Anyway no the guys at Evertune are not dumb. Like in all business there's a thing as called upgrade with new mark II, mark III...:rolleyes:

I just explained it above.

The saddles vibrates and steals the strings sustain. It's simple physics.

Think about SLIDE GUITAR.

How comes you can play slide guitar with glass or metal, and not just your fingernails?

Because the glass and metal is hard enough to not absorb the vibrations.

"but Evertune saddles are made from metal"?

Yes, but given how the bridge is designed, they still vibrate.

You dont get as much sustain from a slide tube as you get a regular open or fretted string, right?

I have tried several factory original Evertune guitars, guitars retrofitted by Evertune themselves, and also installed a few Evertune bridges myself.

So I have been able to actually record a guitar before installation, and after installation, and the sustain was remarkably shorter.

There is absolutely NOTHING about the installation or routing that can affect the sustain.

It's just a square hole that you put the bridge in, there's nothing spectacular about it.

The reason Evertune has less sustain is all because of the saddles.

The individual saddles vibrates and steals the strings energy.

It's that simple. If you ever had the saddle close to the bendstop, you can hear a rapid rattling sound against the bendstop; that is the amount of vibration you're dealing with.

Some people say Evertune loses sustain because "so much wood carved out" but that is absolutely false.

I love Evertune and use them every day but this is just facts.

I don't care about the shorter sustain with Evertune because I love the tuning stability and intonation you get.

Finally home from my first mini-tour with Crystal Viper as their new drummer!!

We had one quick rehearsal in Poland (with only one of guitarists) and then we did all this...

I have seldom in the past had the pleasure to work with such talents.

They are all top-class at singing, guitar or bass!

Here's a video from the first gig, showing two of my favorite songs to perform, one including a little drum solo at 8:46 :flex:

I thought my snare broke, but the wires did keep coming lose for some reason, never had that issue for the 15 years I've had, and first song and first gig with CV of course it starts to shit with me :lol: anyway I could borrow a snare from opening band Kilmara instead.

Here's some of my own GoPro drumcam videos!

This is my favorite song because I can summon my inner Jörg Michael in it:flex:

This is also a very Jörg Michael-ish song.

And this one is really fun to play too (just like every other song of course)

https://www.facebook.com/crystalviperofficial/

Sorry if this is not allowed because nobody in the band is currently using Kempers :saint::saint::saint::saint::saint: