Posts by Cederick

Serbian band CLAYMOREAN has released a single from their upcoming album and I got the honor to give a song to them!

I wrote this probably 6-7 years ago but I never found a place for it until I got in touch with Claymorean guitarist Vladimir through another side-project... The Claymoreans was a fan of my music, and I was a fan of theirs... Vlad explained he had a "writers block" for the moment and I proposed to give them a song I never used for another project.

I think they made a BRILLIANT adaptation of it, and I'm so happy it finally got released!!

I play all guitars in this song with my Kemper :love:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Here's some of my favorite songs of theirs:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Unreal vocal delivery after 1:29 :metal::metal::metal:

They have a kick-ass Manowar cover with some of the most fierce vocal performances you will ever hear.

The high notes at 3:44 gives chills every time

First of all I wolle compare the Original amp sound with the profiled at the same volume and do the comparison.

Yes, thats the only way.

You can't just pick a random profile , play it through a poweramp and say "this is lacking some bass"

That makes no sense.

The difference is SO SMALL that it in one way, it is meaningless, but it's still a fact that profiles do not sound 100% . They might sound 99% and that is really REALLY GOOD.

But a Kemper 2 could possibly nail that 100% with some new technology

Please note; I am NOT slamming Kemper. I LOVE IT. But one can still point out flaws and hope for them to be redeemed.

This is the "follow-up band" to my old band Rocka Rollas... Proper band name, better song writing, everything needs to be PERFECT!!!

We need a singer! Preferably within Sweden, but open to suggestions WITHIN EUROPE.

We're looking for a singer similar to Daniel Heiman (Lost Horizon) or Ralf Scheepers (Gamma Ray/Primal Fear).

You need great range, raspy mids and perfect vibrato. As well as a commanding presence on stage of course.

It's NOT gonna be a studio only project. This is gonna be a real band with real ambitions!!!

WE WILL COVER FLIGHT COSTS AND YOU WILL HAVE A SHARE FOR RECORDING + PLAYING LIVE

Write here if you meet all requirements!!! [email protected]

Early demo versions of some songs below!

Using a Jevo (if thats the right guy?) Engl Savage Kemper profile in this demo recording 8)

Locrain

Do you talk about when you hit the strings, the pitch bouncing up and then down on the sustain?

Well, Evertune does reduce that "pitch bounce" on the intitial pick attack. It will make the notes more even. Almost no pitch bounce.

Nah, I love Evertune, I wouldn't go a day without using one. It's just a great feeling to know you're ALWAYS in tune.

Of course there's the fact that it just doesn't have as much as sustain as other guitars. Each string is on an individual saddle that vibrates and steals the strings energy. BUT I SIMPLY DO NOT CARE.

If the sustain loss was REALLY an issue I wouldn't be using the bridge.

I freaking love Evertune. And they DO SUSTAIN ENOUGH for any regular use of a guitar you could think of.

If somebody really needs more sustain, get a guitar with a Fernandes Sustainer / Sustainiac installed ^^

With all the issues that come with the tuning you'll be in, quad-tracking would be a major headache for me. It depends on the arrangement, and how tight of a player you are, but that can get sloppy quick.

That's why it's a great idea to always record with EVERTUNE 8)8)8)8)

Not that I quadtrack rhythms but... Still... Best guitar upgrade EVER (hence the name :love: )

Evertune bridges are expensive to buy and install, but being able to record guitar for several days without checking tuning is priceless.

And, at least the general rule of thumb from most well known producers of this genre is, "turn down your gain". It will allow for better note definition without the loss of brutality once you've got 4 or more tracks playing the same tight rhythms.

Bah.

Quad tracking with low gain will NOT make your percieve more gain if played tightly.

Some people say that. It's bullcrap.

If played sloppily, it will mush out and somewhat "mimick more gain".

I tracked 12 (TWELVE!) guitars left and right and it didn't sound a lot different to regular two tracked. When played tightly.

However when I purposley played sloppier, it mushed out.

I have audio clips of this if you dont believe me.

And, at least the general rule of thumb from most well known producers of this genre is, "turn down your gain". It will allow for better note definition without the loss of brutality once you've got 4 or more tracks playing the same tight rhythms.

Bah.

Quad tracking with low gain will NOT make your percieve more gain if played tightly.

Some people say that. It's bullcrap.

If played sloppily, it will mush out and somewhat "mimick more gain".

I tracked 12 (TWELVE!) guitars left and right and it didn't sound a lot different to regular two tracked. When played tightly.

However when I purposley played sloppier, it mushed out.

I have audio clips of this if you dont believe me.

I just invented the pedal pressing simulator.

It simulates you pressing a pedal.

Watch this video and press [3] repeatedly.

It's VERY realistic!

Enjoy your whole fantastic evening of pressing a pedal!

The snare is actually sampled from the beginning of this song, and then added the Superior Drummer 3 built-in "1981 Classic Reverb" on it :love::love::love::love::love::love:

This album is from the mid 90s, but it's obvious they went for an 80s sound 8o

I just joined a "Song A Week" challenge on metal-guitarist.org forum.

Wrote and recorded this song quickly last evening. 8) I sing and play guitar+bass.

Next week may be something in style of Napalm Death or Ultravox, who knows :D

I have been extremely unhappy with my mixing skills the last couple of years. My mixes have been extremely thin and trebly.

But I discovered something recently that MIGHT hopefully take me in the right direction.

What you guys think about the mixing? =O

Not very convincing.

Of course, when you know by looking.

It's called cognitive bias.

I would dare you to try a blind test with a few different guitars + "bias matched guitars" and see if you can decipher which is real and not 8)

Since my bands going nowhere (I cannot find a good singer!!!) I was thinking about trying something else to pass the time.

Maybe try to write some game music? I like old RTS / RPG games from the late 90s / early 2000s so that's my main inspiration I guess.

My initial thought was trying to get in touch with some indie game developer and make music for them, there should always be some who makes old school RPG / RTS games and I think I could deliver decent enough music for that kind of games 8)

What do you others think?? :rolleyes:

I was depressed for a couple of months a while ago, and to steer myself in the right direction I decided to sell, throw and give away lot of old records, photos, movies, books, magazines, stuff like that. Also deleting all my Youtube content (100+ videos...) and band history on Facebook since 2011 ||

Oh well, another thing I did was selling and giving away guitar parts, bodies, necks and hardware. But some were unsellable, like this body below. I had routed the Evertune hole a bit wrong, and gave up on it. A year later it was lying in the swedish winter snow for a few months :rolleyes:

Anyway, I was curious about how it looked so I actually walked out in the woods and looked for it. It was still there, but was slightly deformed and the finish (which I had sprayed myself, by the way) was REALLY cracked up.

But there was some appeal to it, so I decided to bring it home and now I'm thinking of getting a new or used Warmoth neck for it and get it up and rocking.

And then I STILL have 2 more Evertune bridges for other projects XD

Yeah, of course.

If I had more money I would just hire some professional musicians, but I'm not really rich...

But that's my own problem. Ha ha

Anyway, I guess there's not gonna be a section here as it looks

There's a few "find band member" pages in Sweden but they are useless 99% of the time.

The few answers I get from pages like that are from complete hacks with no self awareness. As expected... But...

Often real talents know they have it and dont resort to pages like that... They get jobs anyway