Posts by Cederick

So... Yet another Running Wild ripoff is being churned out at April 26th :lol:

Last album with Erik Forsberg on vocals, so I'm looking for a new singer (within Sweden, but if really fucking good, possibly within Europe)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I also recorded our live shows this year with some temporary hired guns:

Philip Forsell on vocals (Antham)

Daniel Sjögren on drums (Twilight Force / Bloodbound)

Jimmy Mattsson on bass (Isole)

:metal:

Oh, and regarding Kemper; I used Kemper for the studio album, the live albums are GSP1101.

Profile used for studio album is Thumas Peavey Rage but it's heavily post-EQd so it's not even close to original.

In addition to that, while I'm fairly happy with the mix / master, this might be the last time I do it myself. I've tried for years but I'm never satisfied.

Next album will probably be mixed and mastered by a professional instead.

Thanks

Yeah I begun as a drummer when I was kid but I wish I had time to practice more... I only play a few times a year, mostly when recording my albums or Youtube covers. But I live "far away" from my rehearsal so I cannot just spontaniously go there anytime I want...

The basics are definitely there, but if I could practice at least a little every day I wouldn't have lost so much speed and endurance as I had a many years ago

A band member section looks a great idea to me. These days it's pretty easy to work together with musicians from all over the world. The drums for our new album are recorded in Canada, guitars are recorded in Germany, the singer is from Sweden and I live in Belgium.... It's true most people here are guitarists, bass players, producers.... but they can have very useful contacts. So I surely would like to have a band member section at this forum.

Well, I'm not really looking for internet collabs at the moment...

What I need is to be able to go out and play live with real life musicians...

Which whould be way too expensive if flying people around the world...

It's not like I'm a big band like Sabaton or something like that... So I'm pretty much stuck where I am

But sure of course a member section could be good for finding collab musicians over internet too

The drummer of Starblind couldn't attend a certain show so they asked me to fill in for him this occasion.

We only had a couple of rehearsals but I had recorded two of their albums in the past, so I was already very familiar with their material.

Apparently they also multitrack recorded the show so here's one of the songs!

Yeah sure, most here are guitarists / bass players

But I'm also a pretty decent drummer for example, and to some extent a singer myself :D

So I shouldn't be the only one being a multiinstrumentalist

Would anybody be up for another forum section "find band members"?

Sure, this would probably be only guitarists and bass players but maybe useful for somebody...

At the moment I'm trying to find a good metal singer in Sweden and it's almost impossible... The best two I've come across so far are douchebags that I don't wanna work with, and all the others are either highly mediocre or plain out terrible... I guess that's true for many countries, but the big issue with Sweden is that the country is quite large in size, but cities/towns are small and scattered with long distances, unlike Germany/Poland/France etc that has smaller size but a lot more population.

So the chances to actually find a good singer, who's not either busy with another band AND a complete douchebag, is making me pulling my hair out at the moment.

I have already killed off one of my main bands in the past because I couldn't find a decent singer. And now I may have to kill off my recent band (Blazon Stone) :(

I guess it's a curse of having a band that already has it's sound, because even if I came across a good singer, they might not have a voice that actually fits the sound...

Sounds pretty good!!!

Never heard them before but I checked out original just for comparison:

Seems like more bottom end on the original, otherwise quite similar

I've suggested these many times. The "secret" is in the cabs. The "Mesa mk3 Merged 02" was my main rig for a while.

I had to look it up to see how it sounds...

Turns out this exact I had already marked as Favorite 8)

And I have narrowed down my favorite section to only FOUR distorted tones.

After going between this one and the Rage one I think I should use the Mesa mk3 Merged 02 more for rhythm guitars, and the Rage as lead tone.

The Mesa has more bite

And the Rage is smoother

I guess thats why my mixes has been a little on the "soft side" since I have used the Rage so much lately.

Gonna try using the Mesa more soon!

I stumbled across a recent live show recording with The Exploited and saw a Kemper back there!!

A little surprised to see an ancient punk band using it but cool!

It has been a while since I had the fire to do anything productive but finally I have a new cover out... And no less than a Running wild classic!!!

Featuring Franco Tempesta from Naufragant on vocals!

First time showing off my new Maruszczyk custom bass too! :love:

Thumas Rage profile on all guitars!

The bass is the TSE BOD sansamp simulator! LOVE IT!!! :love:

I ordered a custom bass from Maruszczyk (https://public-peace.de) and it arrived a week before estimation!

I haven't had time to really set it up to my personal preference but it's definitely a great bass!

Today I will set the pickup height (must remove them and put foam under so they dont flop around).

[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/ZdBfCMr.jpg]

[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/nwpNRTb.jpg]

[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/49mwWSl.jpg]

[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/dF43IpG.jpg]

[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/AFpbgxf.jpg]

I don't have any sound or video clips to share at the moment.

ashtweth yup, very good overall!

I just finished the guitar recordings of my upcoming album and... yeah, I used the Thumas PEAVEY RAGE profile as I often do nowadays ^^

The rhythm guitars are quad tracked with Peavey Rage tracks R/L for the trebly "bite" and then my own profile of my own Digitech GSP1101 for the lowend R/L, subtly mixed in. This project wants a middy sound, and the Peavey Rage is fairly scooped I think so it's a good combo.

The lead+solo guitars are basically Peavey Rage with added gain and mids as a separate patch I tweaked myself from the original Peavey Rage one.

That's a symptom of too much sub bass. Listening on my monitoring system at work, the fast double kick has a lot of low end, yet there doesn't seem to be anything worthwhile in the actual bass guitar. If you're using drum samples, the rapid triggering of the bass drum in those sections can cause sub bass build up, depending on the drum software you're using, which could be one reason for the excessive bass in those sections. For this type of music, I'd be tempted to high pass the kick and warm up the bass guitar instead, which right now doesn't appear particularly audible, giving a strange separated, disconnected feeling between the guitars and the kick.

However, I just tried mixing like my reference track.

The bass in this track is from what I can hear all about the low-mids, defnitely NOT lower than the kick!!