Posts by Cederick

I have never had this issue before!

I've been switching between front input (when recording guitar) and SPDIF (when reamping) for years

But yesterday suddenly when I wanted to switch to SPDIF I couldn't get signal from computer...

But then I accidently bumped into my guitar and heard the signal... FROM THE FRONT INPUT!??!?

Why is it doing this?! I switch back and fourth between the settings "front input" and "spdif input" and it makes NO DIFFERENCE :|

I released an album on CD earlier this year, and while fans seemed to have no real issue with the mix, this is the first mix I have ever done that I absolutely hate in retrospect.

I spent too much time mixing, from morning to evening, sometimes with almost no pauses, and after a while I was like "SCREW THIS" and released it as it was. Big mistake!

Oh well, there's coming a VINYL version of this album, and I was just in time before the label send to pressing, so I spent just 2 days remixing this album and the result is IN MY OPINION much better. More full sounding! And vocals are more present.

I reamped all rhythm guitars with the Thumas "Peavey Rage profile" which I have by myself crowned as my signature Kemper profile :love:

Lead and solo guitars are still the same as before, and I have no idea what profiles I used, or if I used any ampsims... I honestly dont remember.

Before mix all lead guitars was bounced out on a stereo track complete with all spot delays and shit going on.

OH WELL

A/B/A/B/etc comparison starts at 0:44 after I've finished being a complete moron

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This isn't something you see everyday, is it?

There was a "songwriting challenge" on the Metal-Archives forum, and it was supposed to be a bunch of contestants but in the end we were only two who made complete songs :D

Oh well, here's mine. It could probably be longer, but I just wanted to make a short old school death metal headbanger without any unnecessary fluff

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Using a Barrington BRG883 superstrat from the 80s (modded!!!)

and The Famous Thumas Peavey Rage profile (tm)

Just fyi, when I say move, I mean imperceptibly, not inches or cm or even close. My plug is snug (haha) and my cable quite firm. Sometimes just pushing on a KPA button can do it.

Wasted a lot of my time too swapping cables and interfaces.

Oh man I really hope this isn't the case with mine!

Oh well... I'm getting a new RME interface soon, and will couple it with a cheapo-decent analog mixer for monitoring.

At the moment I'm using a Tascam US1641 and if I would use analog DI from Kemper, I would hear that signal because if I want the latency free monitoring, I cannot choose to mute individual inputs ...

Not sure what exactly I film on

I just dont get any audio signal from the SPDIF... most of the time. Sometimes. I see no pattern when and why it cuts out.

Sometimes the playback audio in the DAW just "freezes" (NOT MIDI for reason) for a second and then the SPDIF signal is lost.

And that is NOT the DAW, because the same kind "freeze" happens whenever I turn off the Kemper while Cubase is playing at the same time.

My studio computer isn't even connected to the internet, so I haven't updated that computer forever. Still Windows 7

Only times I have connected is when getting a new VST or something, but that rarely happens

I have used SPDIF the last couple of years with no issues until now.

Suddenly the last couple of weeks I have had nothing but issues!

I have tried different SPDIF cables, two different computers and two different audio interfaces (Tascam US1641 and US144MKII) and the problem is always there!

Sometimes it works and I get signal, sometimes it dont. Analog outputs is not a problem with any setup. But SPDIF has been very inconsistant lately.

I restart Kemper, and sometimes that solves the problem...

I restart the interface, and sometimes that solves the problem...

I restart the DAW or computer or whatever and sometimes that solves the problem...

But sometimes it doesn't matter how many times I restart any unit in the chain and I get no signal!

HELP! ||