Posts by Cederick

Been looking for basses and I just can't find anything that really suits my needs.

But I've had my eye at Maruszczyk for a while and decided that I will go with that. They make custom basses at a reasonably low price (my bass will go for almost 1500eur).

https://public-peace.de/custom-shop

SUPER GREAT customer service, fast answers and friendly tone. Thumbs up just for that.

So now I'll have to wait about 15 weeks before it ships to me.

Yeah I did record a video (screen capture) of me ordering this bass, but I screwed up the screen size so nothing on my browser was the right size, hahaha.

Oh well, I did this video after ordering just to show all features I chose :)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

A wide range of covers! From epic multilayered power metal to straight forward punkrock ^^

The Motörhead cover also features my dad on guitar, borrowing my Solar 8)

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And yeah, despite my earlier thread about how I "only doubletrack" my guitars, I've actually started quad tracking!

The Thumas Peavey Rage profile is legendary good in my opinion, but I have also coupled it with the very mid-focused tone I've profiled of my live-use GSP1101. I have those at lower volume, just to fill up the low-mids a bit. So yeah, I'm a quad tracker now 8o8o8o8o8o8o8o (however, not on the Mirror Mirror cover! Only Motörhead and Running Wild are quadtracked)

I could make a thread about my recent quadtracking discovery.

Here's a band from Netherlands who hired me to mix their new debut album "Hybris"! I also reamped it with my Kemper... Don't ask me, I cannot remember what profile :pinch:

Very Kill Em All inspired thrash/speed.

Check it out! 8)

Just because YOUR copy is good, doesn't mean MY copy is.^^

Jackson JS series are cheap for a reason: they don't put any thought into chosing the right parts for the neck.

My older Warmoth guitar has the absolute most stable neck I have: it goes to show that Warmoth really chose the right part when you custom order a neck from them.

However, I'm glad your works! I mean, I enjoy mine too for what it is, but when I say the neck is unstable: I say that because it IS. 8):saint::evil:

And I've had a band coming by my studio to record and one of the guitarists had a Jackson JS11 too, with a very stable neck and good tuning stability. Thats why I thought "wow, this cheap guitar, this great neck????" and I went and bought a used one... My copy was way worse than his.

That's why it's cheap, you can't expect consistensy in their cheapest budget line.

This is the LOWEST level Jackson possible, I never expected it to be good to begin with :D

I've had a japenese Jackson RR24 in the past that kicked ass, super stable neck. I just wasn't down with the Rhoads V shape, I'm a superstrat guy all the way.

szykman

If you doubt my expertise in Floyd Rose setups you can watch my video below and you'll see that I know perfectly well how to setup guitars for GOOD tuning stability.

The cheap Jackson above simply has the following issues, just like I said:

A) weak neck

B) plastic nut

I could change the nut for a Graphtech or similar, and that would help, but nothing can help a weak neck.

Well if I say the neck is weak and bendable, I say that because I know it, not because I'm a beginner at guitar setups or whatever.

I have compared it to my other guitars and the pitch shifts more when I'm bending the neck on this guitar than my Warmoths, Solar, Barrington, Fender etc etc.

It's a a WEAK neck. And plastic nut doesn't help with tuning stability.

Doesn't really have anything to do with truss rod adjustments. The first thing I did when I bought this used from a guy was to straighten the neck.

Please dont assume me for a beginner when it comes to guitars :rolleyes:

And at least look at the picture before coming with irrelevant suggestions... It doesn't have a Floyd Rose...:rolleyes:

I bought a cheap used Jackson JS11 I could keep in my rehearsal in case I'm too lazy to bring my Solar :saint:

It's a totally ok guitar. It's hard to keep in perfect tune, probably because the combination of fairly weak/bendable neck and plastic nut... But then again, I'm used to Evertune so... I shouldn't expect more. But yeah, it's fine, and fun to play. I'm not gonna use it in studio or live anyway, so tuning stability isn't super important.

[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/RSgYS6v.jpg]

WHATS WITH THE BROKEN IMAGE INSERT FUNCTION?

Another guy above me seems to have the same issue!

I can see the picture when I'm editing the message, but not in preview or when posted!

EDIT: Trying with Tinpic instead of Imgur...

[Blocked Image: http://i64.tinypic.com/2agrckx.jpg]

Tinypic doesn't work either!!!

Please get this function fixed... It's broken!

[Blocked Image: https://sv.tinypic.com/r/2agrckx/9]

EDIT 2:

Trying uploading as attachment instead...

Thanks! Haha yeah I'm satisfied with the solo etc but I certainly miss a few notes, but since I dont play live so often, it's not so surprising.

I definitely play better now after a few gigs this year, than I did when I only played live ONCE a year. That was quite terrible.

If I ever get a tour booked for 2-3 weeks, I'm sure I will be on fire after a few days of routine ^^

So... Until Kemper releases a more a more compact version (1U rack space version, please8) I'll buy two if it ever happens!) I'll continue using GSP1101 live.

Despite the age of these units, they sound REALLY good. Here's a live clip of my band, and the tones are all straight recorded GSP1101.

All patch changes are automated from a Cymatic Audio LP-16 via MIDI.

Yeah, I would rather use Kemper live, but I can't get around the size of the original version. 6U rack space for two guitarists is just too much for me personally.

Our entire liverig is cramped into a 10U rack box, and I still want to make it even smaller... MAybe possible if I skip a patch bay, and go for a splitter with outputs on the front instead of the back.

If so, I could get myself another wireless transmitter and let the bass player have his own mix, finally :saint:

Or I could have my own personal mix :love: (right now drummer has one mix, singer has one mix, and guitar/guitar/bass have a shared mix)

Oh this turned into a whole different thing than GSP1101.

Oh well.

Kemper is definitely my favorite unit to record with:

but GSP1101 wins for convinience and space efficiency in live use.

I use 009-042 strings in E-standard with regular Evertune saddles and it works just fine for me :)

I haven't tried any lighter than that, but maybe 008-040 is too light for regulars? Not sure myself