Posts by Cederick

Thanks a lot! BUt it sounds like the file you sent is in stereo or something?

I always record with mono signal only

BUT OTHER THAN THAT STILL THE SAME RESULT AS WHEN SINMIX REAMPED MY SIGNAL (another profile tho)! :(

Yours have NO digital ugly fizz, my still has digital ugly fizz. Both you and Sinmix had more bottom end too. Sounds more realistic overall.

So, Sinmix doesn't have it, you doesn't have it, then WHY DOES MY KEMPER PRODUCE IT?! :(
    Why does my Kemper sound thin and digitally harsch?!

Once again, it seems like I AM RIGHT about my KEmper behaving weird :(

Let me make a metaphore :)

In a blind test, two guys should try the same guitar.

That's pretty obvious. So you hand it from one guy to the next.

Thats how I see it. My uploaded profile is "that guitar". It's not any different on your machine, than on mine, right?

Does profiles change when downloaded? If not, then I see no reason to not try out my profile :)

Sorry this goes on forever :love:

Dude, your tweak is a obvious improvement.

I would probably keep the "pick setting" because I usually play really high speed picking like 180bpm 16th palm muted speed metal riffs, but overall I like yours.

I wouldn't use any reverb on the reverb tracks tho, etiher. But I will try your settings out later :)

My crappy monitor speakers COULD be a reason I have a hard time getting a good sound... I tried my girlfriends studio monitors (much better!) and I heard the sounds in a compeltly different way.

Also, I might keep Tube Shape to 0.0 also. I dont like the "noisy tail" I get with Tube shape.

But yeah, the Definition might be dialed down a bit, I used to have it at 10 all the time, but that just thins things out, I guess!

Well, I have a few plans for a couple of more guitars so I post my current stable in the meanwhile :love:
    From left to right:

Warmoth Soloist/strat - My favorite guitar, it has gone through lots of changes like neck swap, added homemade pickguard (it was a 1-humbucker body originally!) and other horrifying experiments... But it's absolutely great. Stainless steel frets, Original Floyd Rose and EMG 81/81. Tuned to E standard.

Warmoth Strat - Needed a singlecoil guitar so I built this one a couple of weeks ago. It has SS frets, OFR, and EMG SAV pickups. This one is REALLY nice. My first guitar with roasted maple neck, and certainly not the last! Tuned to E standard.

Fender Musicmaster - Origianlly my dads guitar, which he bought from some guy who parted it together in the 80s... I used it for so many years I decided to buy the guitar from him, and since then I have put in EMG 60 in the bridge and EMG 85 in the neck. It's also refretted with SS frets, and I installed Graphtech Ghost piezo system for some cool piezo sounds. I'm not a huge acoustic guy, so this works just fine for me :) tuned to E standard.

Barrington BRG-883 - This is a really cool late 80s rarity! It's basically a japanese made ESP M guitar, with another brand on the headstock. I bought it for super cheap, and had it refretted with SS frets and I also upgraded to new gold hardware, Gotoh Floyd and EMG 81/S/S pickups. It's absolutely AWESOME. Tuned to Eb.

Ibanez Roadbass - I got this free from my sisters boyfriend, and it's a damn nice bass! I refrinished it to white and put new pickups in it because the stock pickups was draining battery even if it wasn't plugged in hahaha. It's passive pickups but I need active ones for this soon.

Jackson RR24 - This one is a ongoing project. I have already drilled and installed a nice Gotoh Floyd, but the frets are worn out, so I will give it to PLEK for a SS refret soon. But it's really nice and will be even better after a PLEK!

[Blocked Image: http://i67.tinypic.com/2jfwq3d.jpg]

Why EMGs in all my guitars?! My apartment has unearthed wall sockets, and all passives gives unpleasnt scratching string noises, so I'm using EMGs as a temporarly solution. I like EMGs, but my favorites are passives, but I cannot use them at the moment. Once I move to a better place, I might swap pickups at least on my Warmoth #1, otherwise I'm fine with the sound on all guitars.

Also, all floyds are blocked to dive-only!

Now, my plans and wish list is this:

1. Hardtail strat with EMG 60 in the bridge; I have most parts for this. EMG 60 is tighter, brighter and nicer for rhythm recordings than EMG 81, and even tho I EMG 60 in my Musicmaster I wanna have a more all-around hardtail guitar. The Musicmaster have medium high action because of the radius, but this hardtail will be much flatter and therefor be more racer-ish.

2. Floating OFR guitar with 24 frets and sustainer/sustainiac: I could unblock any of the guitars I have, but I wanna have one guitar that I can do all kinds of solos on, and also with the sustainer/sustainiac make feedback noises without haveing to turn my Kemper to ridicolous levels (for apartment).

3. Explorer. Gotta have an Explorer!!! No reason other than they are super cool! COULD be an ESP LTD EX-360/400 as well, those are my second favorite Explorer-kind, but a 1984 style Explorer is my #1 choice if possible.

Oh, and by the way, can anybody guess which colors my planned guitars will be? :D

Eltzejupp, thanks for the reply!

Yeah, I've been constantly switching between "i freaking LOVE the Kemper!" and "bash it to hell!!!!" over and over.

I have no idea why. Sure, I lean towards "like it" more then "do not like it", otherwise I would have never bought it.

Right now, one of my "partial solutions" to my issue, was to dial down the TUBE SHAPE TO 0.0 because that eliminated annoying noises when palm muting. There's a thread about it here :)

Tube Shape at 0.0 best for distorted metal profiles??

I have been battling my sensitive hearing lately (there's a thread about it in the issues section) and I actually found one "partial solution" to this.

I've heard this "Line 6 crappy digital mush" on almost every profile, but today before reamping some album recording again, I went through most settings, and by dialing down the Tube Shape to zero, it elimiated most of that ugly fizzy distorted dragging sound you hear on cheap modellers and VST amp plugins.

I tried dialing it up to 10 and that really got into Behringer Blue Devil territory <X

I understand this function is supposed to simulate the tube shape (obviously 8o ) but I just find it to be unnecessary noise, that just adds more problems to the guitar sound than it adds good character. Maybe it works for bluesy kind of amps that needs some "dirt" but for me it just sounds like noise, and I dont want any noise, just a crystal clear distortion. Since tweaking tube shape, I'm definitely getting closer to my dream sound. :love:8):saint:

Any other opinions on this?

This way, both you and the other "participants" know for sure that it's not been altered in any way.

It's just a scientific methodology, I guess.

But if it's the same profile, why does it matter?

1. I upload a profile
    2. Somebody downloads and installs the same profile
    3. Shoot? It is the exact same profile, why does it matter I have tweaked it?

You're not convincing me, sorry :love:

So, this is my current sound I've reamped with, does this even sound good? I've reamped and tweaked so much I'm not sure anymore, even tho I do kinda like it...

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I still dont understand why one cannot use the profile I've uploaded? What changes happens to it when uploading, and downloading?

I just wanna have some clarification on that, please :)

I wonder if you have something similar to my problem. I just started another thread, and I put there a link to my crappy sounding samples... have a listen and see if we might be having similar issues:

Please listen... is this the way Kemper should sound?? Problem with sound

No, you seem to have another problem.

My profiles sound OK, but I listen super closely and find digital fizzyness.

I'd help you out, but I'm currently in the airport awaiting a flight to uk. I'm back Tuesday, so if you can wait til then...

That would be SO AWESOME. :)

please contact support by email. they'll help you to solve your issue.

I did but I can't remember coming to any results... Otherwise I wouldn't have had to start this type of thread for the 5th time :rolleyes: