Posts by Cederick

It's not solved at all!

I contacted SinMix and he had no clue.

He sent me a new profile so I could try to reamp with it.

His and mide sounds COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!

And as I have said a million time,s my KEMPER SOUNDS THIN! THERE'S SOME
    THING ABSOLUTELY WRONG WITH IT :(

Here's SinMix own reamp with my DI track I sent to him:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And this is my reamp:
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

My reamp sounds THIN AND SHITTY

To me (and forgive me if I'm way off the mark here; when I listen to audio off the Internet at work, it comes through my crappy "reference for tv" tiny mono speaker) it sounds as if most of the low/low-mid energy in the Gravedigger track is coming from the bass, as I would expect of a rock mix. Your own recording sounds like it's lacking any kind of bass guitar. Have you tried dubbing a bass and giving it some energy in the 300 Hz region, maybe even a bit of drive from an amp sim? I think you'd find the guitars automatically would sound a lot closer to the original recording.

might be me but I like the first two sample more. they cut through the mix in a much better way. it all depends on what you want to achieve: a guitar alone tone....or a guitar tone that suits the song.

given this I wouldn't reject the first two samples.

that's my 2 cents

I just made a new recording! And this time 100% Kemper WITHOUT highpass or lowpass!

And it sounds very close to the original song.
    First is the original song, then I just mimic the riffs until the song starts.

If I would have highpass or lowpass, it would sound just as thin as I described and showd in the earlier post

No, I never done that.

When I record a tube amp with microphone, I usually low and highpass in my DAW.

I am expecting to do the same with Kemper profiles, since they are just recorded with a microphone, just like I would normally do with a real tube amp and cab.

I mean, EVERY PROFILE has this thinny quality to it... But once I use a IR on my DAW everything sounds full and good

have you tried using kemper's CabMaker app to convert that IR to kemper format, and see if that changes anything? (that way, you can load the IR into the kemper as a cab)

Might help troubleshooting.

Yeah I will try that!

My guess...you are sucking all the tone out your profile/mix with your specific KPA settings for the high and low pass filters.

I have played many Sinmix KPA profiles...and I have not found even one to be "thin".

I have never found any high-pass or low-pass filter in KPA.
    Honestly it's a recently fresh factory reset so unless Kemper themselves put high and low pass in there, I have not touched anything at all.

So I obviously come back here and make threads about "MY KEMPER SOUNDS THIN!" and aparently there's a good reason for it!!!

Here's a stock SinMix profile. It sounds thin, and so does all my other profiles on my Kemper. I use standard low and high-pass filter settings as I would when recording a real tube amp.

Here is the same profile with CAB OFF on the Kemper, and then using IRs in Cubase instead. THIS SOUNDS MUCH FULLER! It has the same high and low-pass settings as the stock cab, but it doesn't make it go completely thin and useless.

And definitely MUCH CLOSER to my wanted guitar sound, I have Grave Digger as reference track when trying to dial in the sound, and I have struggled with this... ALL STOCK PROFILES are thin and useless, while if I turn "CAB OFF" and use IRs, I get a LOT closer to this!!!!

So, what the hell is wrong with my Kemper? Obviously the DI tracks with IRs work, but I dont necessarly wanna use that, I wanna use Kemper alone, and not put additional weight on my recording projects with IRs and stuff for all guitar tracks...

Does the Kemper secretely has some sort of built-in high and low-pass filter? :S8|:pinch::wacko:

So I obviously come back here and make threads about "MY KEMPER SOUNDS THIN!" and aparently there's a good reason for it!!!

Here's a stock SinMix profile. It sounds thin, and so does all my other profiles on my Kemper. I use standard low and high-pass filter settings as I would when recording a real tube amp.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/mxyetn7rvqllqf5/2. Stock Sinmix cab (same profile).mp3?dl=0

Here is the same profile with CAB OFF on the Kemper, and then using IRs in Cubase instead. THIS SOUNDS MUCH FULLER!
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/7jnamw83tns3whw/1. Cab OFF with IRs.mp3?dl=0

And definitely MUCH CLOSER to my wanted guitar sound, I have Grave Digger as reference track when trying to dial in the sound, and I have struggled with this... ALL STOCK PROFILES are thin and useless, while if I turn "CAB OFF" and use IRs, I get a LOT closer to this!!!!
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/glt73j7uknf2jei/3. Grave Digger (guitar sound reference).mp3?dl=0

So, what the hell is wrong with my Kemper? Obviously the DI tracks with IRs work, but I dont necessarly wanna use that, I wanna use Kemper alone, and not put additional weight on my recording projects with IRs and stuff for all guitar tracks...

Does the Kemper secretely has some sort of built-in high and low-pass filter? :S8|:pinch::wacko:

I guess we all have different tastes and needs :)

I play really fast riffs at times, and every note has to come out perfectly, therefor I need a lot of defintion and pick.

External Content www.youtube.com

It's all good after I learned what Definition Clarity and Pick do.

I dont use Clarity at all but Definition is REALLY useful. Pick I always set to +1.0 or +1.5

Some profiles have Defition at about 5.0 and Pick at 0.0 and THAT IS what made everything sound dull!

At Definition 7-9 and Pick at 1.0 to 1.5 everything is just AWESOME.

And I bought SinMix 5150 profiles which often sound good, but the gain is always ridiclously high, so I turn the gain back to 5-6 or something on all profiles.

<p>

Happens to me as well, when I post from the iPad... :/</p>

<p>Back to topic, &nbsp;i can't see any limitation in setting CS to such a low value if the signal is strong enough. Just out of curiosity, do you own other guitars to cross-check?

</p>

<p>Yeah this happens with all 5 guitars :P</p>

<p>They have a variety of pickups. Passive custom humbuckers, Dimarzios, EMG 81, EMG 60, EMG 85 and so on.</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

<p>

One way to check if the pickups are clipping is to play the clean channel on an amp and listen for some unpleasent / unwanted distortion.

</p>

<p>Everything sounds great with -12 setting. I dont try anything else</p>

No, the light is green, but if I raise any more than -12 it starts going red, I think at -8 or something it's always on red

EMGs have weak magnets so they are made to be close to the strings. I dont want to lower them

My passive pickups &nbsp;in other guitars are lower of course

(WHATS UP WITH ALL THE <p> COMING UP IN MY MESSAGES?! ITS ANNOYING!!! I can solve it by editing, but just posting a message gives <p> around every line)

Just a little question, have you tried comparing the tones on a decent monitoring system ?

I personally can't stand the tone coming from headphones when playing my guitars. I only use my headphones at late mix stage to get another picture.

I never record or play with headphones, I stated that in the OP.

I just noticed this difference now when I actually DID try headphones.

what dull sound you are talking about? I hear a very nice and powerful guitar timbre....really don't know what the original problem was :)

You dont notice I bought these profiles AFTER I made the thread? :P haha

-12? Wow! What pickups do you use?

Custom humbucker by Starstruck, EMG 60, EMG 81, and singlecoils...

No matter what pickups I have to reduce the "clean sens" to -12.

It doesn't even affect the sound anyway on my distorted channels...

I have made threads about this but nobody has come up with a solution to it :P I've seen others have the same issue as well. But as long as it sounds great, I don't feel the need to screw around with it, I just leave it as it is.

I decided to try out some commercial rigs for the first time and I bought the 5051 by The Amp Factory and it's absolutely BRILLIANT!!!

External Content www.youtube.com

Why didn't I try this before? I have to try out some more professional profiles in the near future, because this was one of those "aha!" experiences.

The rig manager is a great concept, but it's obvious that some of the profiles are made by clueless people, and I haven't found ONE that I want to use, and I've downloaded hundreds of profiles. Not so with The Amp Factory :)