Posts by cheekyboy999

right I know its been done before but...

I'm toying with the idea of getting some external rack fx to put in the kemper loop.

I'm not going to go stupid here.

I've seen loads of people say g major 2.

I dont want to spend stupid money. Im thinking up to £500.

What are your thoughts and why

I will nod to the prs coil splitting too. Even though I've only got the cheaper se. Its still great.

I dont tend to match pick ups in guitars.

I've got a fair few with Seymour, dimarzio, bare knuckle emg etc

Believe it or not I've got a prestige ibanez rg. The koa top one with the floyd and its sounds amazing . I dont want it to be my best sounding guitar but it is. I cant work it out.

Almost an acoustic sound to it even when driven hard. Kind of like a delicate subtle ness to it. Really really responsive to dynamics and stuff when it shouldnt be.

I guess my point is the same as what every one else has said. The kemper doesnt squash each guitars character, and the tonal differences are still there. Alot of previous gear I've had made all my guitars sound the same

tis all very true.

Different tones work with different guitars.

Its a good excuse to but more guitars ;)

I hated strats for years and years until I got curious one day and tried one again, and I love it. I've never tried a tele .... must put it on my yo do list

interesting question.

I cant add anything though tbh, I'm not sure how they work.

I love the delay widener though to almost get the double tracked sound.

Works great with acoustic sim too.

I'm not trying to hijack your thread but on a side note can you have 2 separate delays running so if u freeze or infinite one delay the can still get normal repeats on the other rather than a frozen delay with a pretty dry signal. ? Just sayin !

someone set earlier... the energy... nailed it for me. Pinching my dad's music tapes and listening on my Walkman in bed when I was a schoolboy. Dire straits. Def Leppard. Ac dc.

Mid 80s. Then walked in my mates house and his brother had master of puppets on. And that was it . I couldnt believe what i was hearing. was 11 or 12 at the time. That went on for years. Got. my 1st guitar at 15.

Dimebag was then on my radar. And that covered the next ten years.

Then all the classic rock stuff. Then satriani.

what are you not liking about the feedback specifically ?

I select a cab that sounds close to what I want and

I tend to use the absolute minimum noise gate i can get away with, just to keep hum down. I dont to use a gate at all in the stomps but I know alot do. and tweak the clarity definition & presence and to get where I want to be & tweak rest of the eq.

I add some compression in slot a, not in the amp settings to add abit of gain and sustain but I roll back the amp gain abit to compensate if I need too.

I like quite an open sound where the harmonics ring out well.

I do this with no other fx on, no reverb delay or anything else. im quite into the delay widened where appropriate, and add abit of reverb delay to taste. Boom.

I dont tend to tweak any further.

Just check your space settings in the output if its to wide or narrow to suit what your after.

Less seems to be more for me

Sure but you can use any OD pedal and no one will ever know which pedal you used. It's the same with pickups. It might be just a tiny bit that difference between A and B but you experience that B sounds a little better than A. But when another player uses A you experience that that sounds better. Well at least for him/her. So is the original Klon pedal very few have acually used, the holy grail of tones. Of course not. But myths are created and have their own life. Brands keep on making sure myths continue for marketing. It's like Ibanez. The original one was a licensed product from Maxon. But does that make the majority of guitar players buying Maxon? No they want the Ibanez tube-screamer. It doens't matter that it doesn't sound excactly like the original. The same is true with the tone wood bs. This is how psychology works. Tell ppl something and that's what they will believe and hear and make them believe they're not already biased based on the knowledge they've heard is true. This is true no matter if it's music or anything else commercial product or politics. Make them believe what you want them to believe and you have a customer or a voter. Hopefully for the rest of their lifes.

finding the ac sim decent.

Esp with delay widening, but need to spend more time.

Ive noticed it seems to sound alot more realistic using single coils though or coil tapped humbuckers.

Alot more chimey sounding.

Has anymore else noticed this?

ha ha. Love it.

I just had a ticking noise through my rack that ive never heard before. And ive had my rack years.

Oddly enough neck pick up also barely noticable on the bridge.

Pratted arount unplugging things for half an hour and couldnt get rid. It got louder if i bent over and still the penny didnt drop.

Till i went to have a shower before bed. Still had a chest strap heart rate monitor on and the kemper was picking up my heart rate ???

Or rather guitar was.

Egg on my face !!@

Makes u wonder if pace makers and stuff can be picked up ??

ive got the same setup.

I use a scarlett 2i4 in between, i think 1/4" trs leads to the front of the scarlett xlr to the monitors and usb to and from the pc.

Dont get the 2i2. Its not stereo.

Twin mono.

You can have head phones in the scarlet or head phones out the kemper for kemper only.