Posts by cheekyboy999

Im tempted to buy a 7 string.

Trying hard not too.

Bought an ibanez 7 and moved it on as i wasnt that keen.

Im very fussy with set ups. And it does my head in re setting up for different tunings.

But the transpose cures that too a point.

The latency should be the same in Rig or Stomp format if you don’t use Smooth Chords or Constant Latency features which are only available in the stomp menu.

What are we classing as constant latency features, purely out of interest ?

I thought the old transpose and pitch shifting was terrible to be honest. I can deal with a degree of latency, but as another poster put it 'artifacts'

Used to really get on my tits.

Odd warbles every now and again at fluctuating pitches.

To be fair i havent tried the pitch shifting or harmonies for ages. But judging by the transpose, they have been tidied up.

I think its really good. Not perfect but close enough.

I dont want to be drop tuning with a floyd and messing around re setting up the truss rod and messing with string gauges.

Love it.

for what its worth i used to use the transpose and thought it was gash.

I use it now in the rig button settings, and it seems to sound better in there.

U just save the transpose as a full rig rather than in a stomp.

Try it, see what u think !

No - the editor is needeed more since new delays and reverbs.

There are people, sometimes older, who bought KPA with the thought that it will be like an old analog amplifier. But it is not. It is not easy for everyone to delve into all the parameters of this amplifier. Some wrote that if it were not for TME, they would sell KPA. Some thanks because they can sit behind the armchair in the studio. And here are a handful of the same people who are trying to tell the KPA team: "Hey, we don't need an editor but if you do it it will be fun". No mates. That's not how you support your team. I would love to see this editor and there are sopme people waiting fot this pice of software. RM3.0 will be great because I saw with what enthusiasm they show it on NAMM. This will be the top notch!

Yeah agreed.

I dont care who says they dont need it.

No one wants to scroll though pages of delays etc burning out there knobs ?

Theres features in the kemper i barely touch because of all the scrolling.

Some i never even realised were there and ive had my kemper 4 or 5 years.

Just physically havent got time to tweak rather than play

I dont even look to see what particular delay or reverb im using

I freely admit to being a kemper bonehead.

I didnt start using morphing till about 3 months ago.

And i had no idea what the quick button did till this week. Ive never pasted anything, i dont use lock, and the list goes on. I didnt know the noise gate was in input either.

My point being its not the same machine it was when i bought it really. Its a different animal.

Id really love to see an auto swell function, that you can loop and reverse.

And an infinite sustain sustainiac ebow function.

Maybe can already be done.

Possibities are endless !

I very much doubt they will add much more than just the editor. I think the major hold up was most likely testing of the software on different setups to make sure the KPA doesn't lose USB connectivity as has happened a lot with Rig Manager. I would say once these issues are ironed out we should see a beta. As for the acoustic sim. I doubt we will see that until OS8 at least.

Hmmm.....

Maybe.

But Im staying positive.

Alot of stuff they seem to do seems to stay under the radar.

Then bang... its out.

I think theres a few aces up the sleeve still.

Thats what id like to think anyway ?

Totally agree.

I would also bet that there is going be features/functions included that are not expected.

Noises were made about the acoustic sim that seems to not have been mentioned for a while.

there is probably other stuff too.

It may not just be the Editor itself thats the delay.

Stuff within the update also may not be finished or being tweaked.

Would make perfect sense to me as to why theres being unexplained hold ups.

Fingers crossed

yeah above is correct.

One changes sound one doesnt.

Cant remember which.

But the one that changes the loop sound is great too.

Play a riff in the looper and tweak it after you put your guitar down ??

Right. Ok.

Makes for sense now.

Scrolling through them. Il be honest ive paid least attention to the cabs.

Editor may change that.

Ive got 2 or 3 goto cabs ive use 99% of the time.

Mainly because of the scrolling. I tend to go with what the stock profile cab was, and tweak the amp settings slightly.

If its not in the ball park of what i want i just move on.

Im fairly ignorant with regards to cabs.

I had a profile with T75 ? Speaker cab that was great but i didnt save it and cant remember what it was now.

Maybe i should spend some time with the cab when the editor comes out ???

im confident its going to be before xmas.

My remote came friday and the 2 button stomp.

Having great fun with it tbh so its eased my pain.

I dont need an editor to be fair, but ive been desparate for one since the jan announcement.

Ive been round the houses gear wise like every one else. Especially rack gear.

When i 1st got the kemper i thought the amp sounds were amazing, wasnt so struck with the effects and tweak parameters for the effects. Thought about buying a digitech 2120 or 2101 for the fx loop but to be fair the delay and reverb updates have made the thing far better.

I love the amp tones so much ive gone from using loads of fx to next to nothing since the kemper.

Alot of the gear fell down on raw amp tones whick the kemper is awesome at.

But go figure... my favorite tones at the mo are profiles of the 2120 2101 and ada mp1.

But they sound better than the originals.

Not much need for an editor but the amount of scrolling is stupid. To the point where i dont use stuff because i cant be bothered to scroll through to find it.

Just my ten pence worth !

remote comes tommow...

But its not free.

Keep me occupied till the editor comes out though.

Going to flog my midi moose that i was using as controller if anyones interested. Before i put it on the bay.....

might point was, as above. Very easy to critisise other people, especially with hindsight.

I would have done this, and i would have done that.

Whoopie.

I want the editor as much as anyone else.

The reality is, it will be ready when its ready and not before.

Im sure the guys are doing the best they can with the resources available, and other on going projects to get on with too.

Suck it up and stop moaning.