Posts by LH

Nur so als Hinweis: Thomann bietet neuerdings ein Doppeltür-Case an für die Head-Version des Profilers samt Fach für die Remote.

http://www.thomann.de/de/thon_…se_kemper_ampfoot_ctl.htm

Ich habe 'mal mein Dunlop DVP 3 X (nicht die XL-Version, diese ist deutlich größer!) mit dem Fuß-Pedal voran in die hintere Aussparung meines Profilers gesteckt (passt!) und kann mir gut vorstellen, dass dann der rückwärtige Case-Deckel noch darüber schließt.
    Sicher passen zusätzlich Remote- und Stromkabel hinein.
    Wenn man den Profiler auf die Bühne stellen muss, zum Beispiel in die Nähe einer Stagebox oder nahe eines Bühnenmischers statt wackelig irgendwo 'drauf, kann das eine stabil-sichere Lösung sein.
    Natürlich nicht so transportfreundlich wie ein Bag - und deutlich teurer mit 219,00 Euro.

WOW, das sieht mal sehr gut aus. Ich habe tatsächlich ein ganz ähnliches Case in Planung für mein Powerhead gehabt. Werde mir das bei Zeiten wohl anfertigen lassen. Oben Kemper rein, unten Rack. Hat dann sowohl die Vorteile eines Racks, als auch die LEDs und Transportabilität des Toasters. Den kann man dann immer noch herausnehmen und im Bag einzeln mitnehmen.
    In den Rack-Part des Cases kommen dann Wireless-Empfänger, Kabel, Zubehör, etc. rein. Eventuell kann einer der Deckel noch als Board für den Footswitch genutzt werden.

I'm using the Transpose as well and i too notice the latency.
    Nevertheless this feature saves me from bringing a second or third guitar with different tuning to a gig. So i am willing get along with the latency.
    I just try to focus on the band.

My understanding of the latency is this:
    The Kemper records your playing and then gives it back with a different speed. So when you need to have a full-tone up, it will just give you back the recording at higher speed. This will result in a higher pitch.
    Can anyone confirm or correct this?

Oh man, hinterher kommt noch raus, dass man mit Üben viel mehr Unterschied machen kann als mit dem Equiptment... :D
    Sehr bodenständige Sichtweise, danke dafür!
    Werde dann, zwecks Verfügbarkeit und Preis, wohl auch erstmal die DXR checken.
    Dank deiner Erfahrung mit den beiden Boxen weiß ich dann zumindest, dass ich, wenn ich mit der DXR gut klarkomme, nicht großartig was verpasse.

Ich wollte dir deine Differenziertheit nicht in Abrede stellen :D
    Mir ist bewusst, dass du viele Vor- und Nachteile der Boxen aufgezeigt hast und keinen eindeutigen Gewinner festgelegt hast. Ich hatte nur das Gefühl, dass du die CLR als neutraler empfunden hast. (Ich werde mir gleich die Videos nochmals ansehen ;) )
    In meinem Post habe ich es wohl etwas überspitzt und vereinfach dargestellt. Mich hat einfach interessiert, warum du bei diesen zwei Boxen, bei denen du keinen eindeutigen Sieger bestimmen magst, doch eine der Beiden als "Haupt"-Live-Monitor einsetzt. Aber ich glaube ich kanns jetzt ganz gut nachvollziehen.
    Danke für deine ausführliche Antwort! :thumbup:
    Gehe ich auch richtig in der Annahme, dass ich weder mit der einen noch der anderen besser bedient bin, um Zuhause meine Sounds einzustellen? So wie ich es aus deinem Post entnehme, haben beide ihren eigenen Charakter. Somit würde ich eventuell mit der CLR zu weniger Höhen und mit der DXR zu weniger Mitten tendieren?
    Oder übersehe ich da was?

Mittlerweile nehme ich daher live fast nur noch eine DXR 10

Hallo Ingolf,

ich stehe demnächst vermutlich auch vor der Kaufentscheidung für eine FRFR-Box. Bisher habe ich durch die Kommentare hier im Forum die DXR 10 und die CLR im Auge. Da du ja beide besitzt und doch meist die DXR 10 zum Gig mitnimmst, würde ich gerne wissen, zu welcher der beiden du raten würdest, wenn beide den gleichen Preis hätten. Ich will meine für das Einstellen von Sounds Zuhause (Keller, also auch laut möglich ;)), die Proben und auf der Bühne als Monitor nutzen. Macht die angesprochene Mittenbetonung für dich den Unterschied? Ansonsten schienst du ja insgesamt von der CLR überzeugter gewesen zu sein.

IIRC my FCB with U4K worked right from the start.
    I calibrated the pedals at first, so i don't know if they work without calibrating.
    No offense, but you know, you have to select a wah in the kemper? The pedal only controls a wah, if it is loaded in the fx/stomp slots.
    The Volume should work without changing settings, but you can check the volume settings in the rig(?)-menu (see manual for explanation of settings).

Do the small red LEDs above the pedals light up? These indicate whether the pedals are active or not, but with the U4K-Chip the pedals should be active at all times.

Hello,

i just asked myself, whether the Kemper detects if both Main-Outs are used or just one (e.g. left) and automatically adapts to this. So if you have set the Output Source to 'Master Stereo' and just use the left Main Out, will it give you the 'merged' Mono-Signal or will you 'loose' the right channel?
    I currently only tested it with the Output Source set to Master Mono, because i haven't used it in stereo yet.
    I looked it up in the Basics and Reference Manual but couldn't find anything about that.

Regards,
    LH

So far i used my kemper this way:

Main Out to FOH
    Speaker Out (Powerhead) to Guitar Cab (1x12 Vintage 30)

I just selected the 2 Profiles i liked best and organized them with different gain settings in 2 performances.
    For all of them i chose the same cabinet (4x12) to keep the sound consistend.
    So the FOH gets the 'amps' through a miced 4x12 and i hear my self on stage through a 1x12.
    I don't see the need to have different profiles, because they sound good through my guitar cab and through FOH.
    Nevertheless i am aware, that i don't hear exactly what the audience hears. I don't really need it, because i initially set up my sounds through frfr monitors and i can trust my kemper to sound good ^^ .
    But i think sooner or later i will switch to frfr to have the same sound on stage as through FOH. But even then, i think i would just hook up my guitar cab to the speaker out if i like and play the same profiles through it.

Did this help you? ?(:/

Regards,
    LH

Yep, that's the way i use my Kemper live.

Main Outs -> FOH
    Speaker Out (Powerhead) -> Guitar Cab

The Cab stays activated globally, but i checked the option 'Monitor Cab Off' in the Output Menu. This way the cabinet simulation gets deactivated for the Monitor- and Speaker-Out. It stays activated for the Main Outs.
    I also linked the Master-Volume Knob only to the Monitor (Speaker) Out. This way i can control the volume of the guitar cab on stage as i like, without affecting the volume of the FOH-Signal.

Regards,
    LH

My Live-Scenario looks like this at the moment:

- Main Out to FOH
    - Speaker out (Powerhead) to 1x12 guitar cab (monitor cab off checked)

Is it correct, that when i now activate pure cab, that only the FOH-Sound will change and my Monitor-Sound (1x12 Cab) will stay the same?

Regards,
    LH

Be aware of - the Pure cabinet feature changes also the sound when actived but dialed to zero....also be aware of that it does influence also the sound going to a real cabinet if you use something like that..

This is what i read. Eltzejupp seemed to have a similar question. This was deadlightstudios response:

???? You kidding me?? It don't sound like the real amp anymore? How bad is this? If it is so, there is really no magic behind it for every user with a real cab.

But i think i might understood it wrong. Maybe he just wanted to say, that when you connect the main outs to an external amp and then to a guitar cab, pure cab will change the sound of this traditional cab.

Regards,
    LH

Hi there,

i have not downloaded the new Firmware yet, but i read in this thread, that the Pure Cab Feature also affects a guitar cab (monitor cab off).
    Has anyone tested that? I assume, that the pure cab sits behind the amp-block and is therefore not deactivated when checking the 'monitor cab off' option?
    Sorry, if this has been answered before.

Regards,
    LH